Theo listens—watches, withers, waits—as the hastily reformed Wizenmagot sentences him to
twenty-three months of incarceration with no opportunity for parole; and all he
can suddenly think about is how the Malfoys are under house arrest, strolling
through pleasantly fragrant rose gardens and drinking hundred year-old bottles
of claret in their elegantly appointed drawing rooms and just—just biding their time, counting their gold
and feigning their remorse and clawing their way back from the dead like the
royal fucking parasites they’ve always been.
Theo, though—Theo is in chains.
He doesn’t speak as he’s led out of the courtroom. There’s
nothing to say, not really. His parents are dead. Zabini had fucked off to
France with his slinking, deadly snake of a mother. Theo had never had a lot of
friends—had never particularly seen the point of making any—but there is, he
imagines now, something uniquely terrible about being completely alone for this, the war-drum solemn moment his
life is inextricably altered.
The tattoo they ink onto the inside of his left wrist—prisoner
number 700, exactly—hurts less than he expects it to. He can almost feel the
power of the runes seeping into skin, mucking about with the chemistry of his
blood and his magic and his sense of self. Who he’s been, who he is, who he will be. It’s cruel, he decides. A
punishment fit for a crime he’s still not entirely sure he’d even properly
• After the fight in The Answer, relieved and overjoyed that they got away safely, Pearl jumps into Rose’s arms as soon as they touch base and starts hotly kissing her and Rose kisses back with equal passion because yes you’re alive we’re alive we’re safe love and because assertive terrifying renegade Pearl is just, so…. y'know?
• This becomes sort of a habit between them even when more Crystal Gems start joining. Like after every battle, Pearl jumps into Rose’s arms and Garnet and Bismuth just stand awkwardly at first, then Garnet start giggling because it’s just a thing, y'know? And Bismuth facepalms and says “I don’t know who is worse– these two or Ruby and Sapphire” and Garnet just giggles even more. Remember that line in the show?
Bismuth: “The Pearl I know NEVER jumps into MY arms.”
• Pearl loves hanging out in the Forge because weapons, so many weapons! And Bismuth lets her test all the swords and spears and stuff because Pearl is very precise, so she can tell the slightest flaws in the balance, weight, etc. There’s no one Bismuth trusts more for her babies’s first test swings.
• And like, The Original Crystal Gems are a real affectionate tight-knit bunch. Lots of hugs and kisses and cuddling all around. So sometimes when Bismuth or Pearl gets really happy about how a weapon turns out, they hug and give each other pecks and stuff (and sometimes Snowflake clears her throat because “Hey, I’m right here you guys, get a room”)
• When Rose comes around to visit, she greets Pearl with a kiss on the lips, tasting ash and metal, and of course she laughs and asks, “Were you and Bismuth kissing again?” and Pearl giggles and says, “Only a little?” and starts gushing about all the weapons she got to test and Rose listens happily. Sometimes Rose tests a few weapons herself.
• There are a lot of swords and weapons in Pearl’s room and Rose’s armory. They were all made by Bismuth, and each one has an attached memory about Bismuth.
• In The Answer, Pearl fights with two swords while Rose fights barehanded. They’re probably standard issue for quartz soldiers with non-offensive weapon summons. One is Rose’s, the other one probably stolen so that Rose could teach Pearl how to swordfight after they went on the run. But during actual battles, Pearl always uses both swords. Rose insists that Pearl use both so that she will be extra safe with more weapons at her disposal.
Okay I know I’m starting to talk about this a lot but once you decide that Alec and Clary should be best friends THERE ARE SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.
Like Jace does something dumb and both of them show up to the next hunt wearing identical “I’m with Stupid” shirts with his face underneath and everyone is too scared to ask HOW (Alec’s idea, Clary provided the pic).
Or Clary and Magnus take Alec out drinking trying to get him drunk but of course tiny Clary gets wasted and keeps trying to get Alec to do ridiculous shots with her (Alec agrees only if she drinks water in between. This works surprisingly well even if Magnus is keeping that video for eternity. ETERNITY, ALEXANDER).
Or like Alec keeps taking Clary out on hunts and training her and one day she just DESTROYS this young asshole Shadowhunter with this complicated leg move they’ve been practicing for months (And that’s when he knows she’s ready for her own rune ceremony which he won’t even let JACE help plan because “You ignored her for MONTHS after that whole sibling fiasco and you’re not the one she kept hitting in the face when she couldn’t get that kick so back off.”)
5 Conversations Team Voltron Have Had Over The Com-Links.
Shhhh. Let me have my delusions.
Pidge: I have an idea but, I need a boom! Shiro: How big is this ‘boom’ going to be? Cause the last you said that you and Keith somehow made a star go supernova. Pidge: In our defence, that sun was gonna blow sooner or later. (Mutters) Honestly, you blow up one sun and no one ever lets you forget it.
Hunk: Why is there a decapitated robot in your lion, Lance? Lance: That, buddy, is a long story. Hunk: Let me ask that again. Do I want to know why there is a decapitated robot in your lion and is the answer going to get us both in trouble? Lance: No and meh, probably.
Keith: Guys. We’ve got company. We need to go. Now! Pidge: The left entrance is blocked and there’s more Galra coming! Lance: Great! Can this get any worse? Keith: They’ve got a bomb and they’ve attached it to the door. Pidge: … You just had to say it didn’t you Lance?
Keith: Allura! We need back up! When is Coran going to get that gun working?! Allura: Patience is a virtue, Keith! Hunk: Not when we’re getting shot at!
Shiro: Princess, how did you know where to find us? We’ve been trapped here for hours. Allura: There were a few … minor altercations but, Coran and I figured it out. Shiro: I don’t want to know do I. Allura: That would probably be for the best.
I love Luffy, sunshine child of my heart, with his smiles and laughter, and trust and his love for people, his capability to offer second chances and reach out to those who need it. But I also love Luffy, who can snap at the sight of his nakama in pain, who fuels anger with love, whose arms that grab and protect become forceful blows that rain fury down on whoever dare hurt his family. I love Luffy.
tldr: when the sunshine child stops smiling, you know you’re fucked
and I can’t help but feel like Kei’s mother’s insistance that he not associate with Kaito is because Kai has Anime Protagonist Hair.
Like, she’s seen this before. She KNOWS. And her son will be an upstanding citizen, not an Anime Protagonist Sidekick, getting dragged into other dimensions, yelling about teamwork from the sidelines. Her son is going to be a DOCTOR, not the guy who gets into a dangerous situation so that the Anime Protagonist can get Fired Up About Friendship.
I keep seeing Mimikkyu all over my dash and I want to protect them all so I’m making a headcanon post cause I love them and the posts keep making me sad and -
Headcanon that the little guy evolves when shown enough love and affection and doesn’t feel the need to hide under the disguise anymore. That’s all. I want there to be a brilliant moment when it feels safe and secure and loved. (Like for all I care, nothing happens in the evolution other than taking off the disguise)
Unless they like wearing it cause it makes them feel nice, cause you do you, little guy, I ain’t taking that away from you.
(And I will gush at all the fanart I’ve seen of Mimikkyu dressing up as different pokemon because that’s also adorable)
But if it’s purely for affection from trainers I want it to get the support it needs.
…I’m sorry, I’ve grown attached to the little guy.
I find it slightly hilarious that Keith gets crap
from the fandom
for wearing fingerless gloves when Hunk also wears fingerless gloves.
And then I realized something else.
Shiro doesn’t only wear fingerless gloves in his civilian outfit, he wears only one, because he only has a fleshy arm on one side.
So like. Lance, Allura, and Pidge are a relative oddity in that they’re the ones not wearing fingerless gloves. The only one wearing gloves with fingers out of Team Voltron is Coran.(and technically everybody’s space suits but shh let me have this)