- simon, iron sisters: they (shadowhunters) act like they're our allies but they don't know what we go through just to get through the day
- TRANSLATION: I'm homeless, starving, barely surviving, depressed and I had a clan who understood what it's like to live like this but I lost them. no one at the institute gives a damn and I realized this too late
- maia, agreeing: tell me about it
- TRANSLATION: we'll never be equals with them
- simon: you know, and just when I thought I was starting to get the hang of it (being a vampire) I sank to an all all-time low
- TRANSLATION: just when I started liking my life, the clan who became family and this new version of myself, I did the lowest thing I could've done and hurt people I cared about - it's something I regret
- maia: what happened?
- simon: *silence*
- TRANSLATION: let's not do this, it's still an open wound (mentally flashes back to that day and raphael's behavior since, watching him walk away again and again)
- maia: oh Now you're quiet?
- TRANSLATION: that bad huh?
- maia: *deflects by sharing an embarrassing story*
Hi! I have a question for you as a writer. I'm shy and not 100% confident in my English. Like i read and understand it, but when it comes to writing i become self-concious. And i want authors to know that i appreciate their work, their word choices, metaphors and humour. But i'm not sure if i could convey it through my not so perfect english. So should i still try to write longer comments? Or just limit myself to short generic ones?