Last weekend, a gay couple walked on a bridge in Arnhem, Eastern Netherlands, when a group of teenagers scolded the couple. One of the men ended up on the ground with three of the teenagers on top of him, seeing his boyfriend being beaten his teeth out with a bolt cutter.
The response to this was even more intriguing.
“Can all men, gay or straight, just walk hand in hand this week, please?”, this lesbian journalist asked.
And so many people did.
“In The Netherlands, we worship our values of freedom and tolerance. We will never, ever tolerate that these two men were beaten just because they dared to show their orientation and love for each other in public. That’s why I walked hand in hand with one of my colleagues before discussing the new formation”, Alexander Pechtold(Progressive party leader, pictured left) stated.
And it weren’t just politicians who did this.
These football/soccer fans.
These are all ordinary people who do something what is extraordinary in this country already, let alone in unfortunately still so many other countries. It doesn’t take much to make the world a little bit more peaceful. Just show that you are in for a change by holding other people’s hands, no matter which gender, colour, ability, religion, nationality or sexual orientation they have.
Show that love is beautiful.
And then there was this guy who decided to go a little bit further…
this is a tale, a tale of a coward. the tale of “never good enough” and “always behind,” the tale of failures and heartbreaks and fears. it is a tale of a boy who abandons his best friends in times of need: during the triwizard tournament, during the horcrux hunt. it is a tale of a youngest brother struggling to keep up, who dreams of glory and honor and fame. it is a tale of the sidekick, the best friend, the second-in-command.
this is a tale, a tale of a hero. the tale of overcoming feelings of inferiority and a sense of resentment, the tale of loyalty and bravery and persistence. it is a tale of a boy who returns to his best friends in times of need: who hugs another young boy in the common room, gruff with choked up emotion, a boy who sheepishly returns to a winter search with renewed determination. it is a tale of a quidditch player who practices day and night for a sport he loves, whose confidence claims him chants of “weasley is our king, he didn’t let the quaffle in…”
this is a tale, a tale of an extraordinary boy in extraordinary circumstances. the tale of a boy who offers his sandwiches to a stranger, a boy who scoffs at blood purity and combats injustice, who fights for his friends. it is a tale of a boy who becomes a man; not perfect, not flawless, but mature enough to learn and realize and grow. it is a tale of a steady, true, indispensable companion whose generosity and bravery and good old fashioned wits turn the battle’s tide, a tale of a hero in his own right. it is a tale of a defiant battle cry, a shouted “he beat you!” and a shattered silence charm, a scream that frees hogwarts’s defenders.
I. Her eyes are like stars.
Sometimes, even though they’re so dark, they shine.
They’ll shine when she’s excited, and trust me,
her eyes will be the most beautiful thing
you have ever seen.
Don’t let her go.
II. Her voice is sweeter than honey.
It’s not perfect, no, it’s far from it.
But she has so much passion trapped in her,
and love is seeping in her voice.
Whatever you do,
don’t let her go.
III. She loves to write.
Her words are spilled onto the pages,
and even though you know they’re all meant for you,
you’re still curious.
Because her love for you is extraordinary,
don’t let her go.
IV. She loves you.
She loves you, she loves you, she loves you.
Don’t doubt her, because if she says she loves you,
she really does.
Please don’t doubt her.
Don’t let her go.
Tragedy Queens: Stories Inspired by Lana Del Rey and Sylvia Plath TOC
TRAGEDY QUEENS is an anthology that brings together two powerful muses: Sylvia Plath and Lana Del Rey. Sylvia’s voice haunts us from beyond the grave. Her words cut like diamonds—sharp, deadly, and forever beautiful. Lana Del Rey’s dark themes and enchanting vocals resonate with listeners from all around the world. Both of these artists explore taboo topics. They find the words to voice the things they are not proud of, the things that haunt them. It takes courage to do the verbal striptease. Let these two extraordinary muses guide you into your own heart of darkness.
TRAGEDY QUEENS will be available for preorder in September 2017. ARC’s will be available to reviewers at that time. CLASH Books will also have copies available for purchase at the Brooklyn Book Fair this year.
Official release date is December 1st 2017.
Contact editor for ARC’s email: email@example.com
TRAGEDY QUEENS TOC 1. Stephanie M. Wytovich - Because of Their Different Deaths 2. Ashley Inguanta - A Room of Infinite Cat’s Eyes 3. Lorraine Shein - SP World 4. Gabino Iglesias - Gods in the Blood 5. Larissa Glasser - Ritual of Gorgons 6. Monique Quintana - Sad Girl 7. Tiffany Scandal - Loose Ends 8. Devora Gray - Pipedreams 9. Cara Di Girolamo - Sphinx Tears 10. Patricia Grisafi - Crazy Mary 11. Rebecca Charlotte - My Pussy Tastes Like Pepsi Gnosis 12. Brendan Vidito - Stag Loop 13. Christine Stoddard - Going About 99 14. Manuel Chavarria - Dayglo Reflection 15. Kathryn Louise - The Blacklist 16. Farah Rose Smith - The Land of Other 17. Tiffany Morris - The Lazarus Wife 18. Laura Diaz - Without Him (and Him, and Him) There is No Me 19. Victoria Dalpe - The Wife 20. Max Booth III - All the World Drops Dead 21. Lisa Marie Basile - On the Elevation of Pain Through Art and Beauty - a Diary of Muses 22. Jerry Drake - Corinne 23. Selene MacLeod - Panic Bird 24. Laura Lee Bahr - Catman’s Heart
1. we would miss you.
2. it’s not worth the regret. either by yourself if you failed or just simply left scars, or the regret everyone else feels by not doing enough to help you.
3. it does get better. believe it or not it will eventually get better. sometimes you have to go through the storm to get to the rainbow.
4. there’s so much you would miss out on doing.
5. there is always a reason to live. it might not be clear right now, but it is always there.
6. so many people care, and it would hurt them if you hurt yourself.
7. you ARE worth it. don’t let anyone, especially yourself, tell you otherwise.
8. you are amazing.
9. a time will come, once you’ve battled the toughest times of your life and are in ease once again, where you will be so glad that you decided to keep on living. you will emerge stronger from this all, and won’t regret your choice to carry on with life. because things always get better.
10. what about all the things you’ve always wanted to do? what about the things you’ve planned, but never got around to doing? you can’t do them when you’re dead.
11. i love you. even if only one person loves you, that’s still a reason to stay alive.
12. you won’t be able to listen to music if you die.
13. killing yourself is never worth it. you’ll hurt both yourself and all the people you care about.
14. there are so many people that would miss you, including me.
15. you’re preventing a future generation, YOUR KIDS, from even being born.
16. how do you think your family would feel? would it improve their lives if you died?
17. you’re gorgeous, amazing, and to someone you are perfect.
18. think about your favourite music artist, you’ll never hear their voice again.
19. you’ll never have the feeling of walking into a warm building on a cold day
20. listening to incredibly loud music.
21. being alive is just really good.
22. not being alive is really bad.
23. finding your soulmate.
24. red pandas
25. going to diners at three in the morning.
26. really soft pillows.
27. eating pizza in neww york city.
28. proving people wrong with your success.
29. watching the jerks that doubted you fail at life.
30. seeing someone trip over a garbage can.
31. being able to help other people.
33. sitting on rooftops.
34. sweing every single country in the world.
35. going on roadtrips.
36. you might win the lottery someday.
37. listening to music on a record player.
38. going to the top of the eiffel tower.
39. taking really cool pictures.
40. literally meeting thousands of new people.
41. hearing crazy stories.
42. telling crazy stories.
43. eating ice cream on a hot day.
44. more harry potter books could come out, you never know.
45. travelling to another planet someday.
46. having an underwater house.
47. randomly running into your hero on the street.
48. having your own room at a fancy hotel.
50. think about your favourite movie, you’ll never watch it again.
51. think about the feeling of laughing out loud in a public place because your best friend has just sent you an inside joke.
52. tour survival will make the world better, even if it’s for just one person or 20 or 100 or more.
53. people do care.
55. hanging out with your soul mate in a treehouse.
55. snorting when you laugh and not caring who sees.
56. i don’t even know you and i love you.
57. i don’t even know you and i care about you.
58. because nobody is going to be like you ever, so embrace your uniqueness!
59. you won’t be here to experience the first cat world emperor.
60. WHAT ABOUT FOOD?! YOU’LL MISS CHOCOLATE AND ALL THE OTHER NOM THINGS!
64. you have a purpose, and it’s up to you to find out what it is.
65. you’ve changed somebody’s life.
66. now you could change the world.
67. you will meet the person that’s perfect for you.
68. no matter how much or how little, you have your life ahead of you.
69. you have the chance to save somebody’s life.
70. if you end your life, you’re stopping yourself from achieving great things.
71. making snow angels.
72. making snowmen.
73. snowball fights.
74. life is what you make of it.
75. everybody has a talent.
76. laughing until you cry.
77. having the ability to be sad means you have the ability to be happy.
78. the world would not be the same if you didn’t exist.
79.its possible to turn frowns, upside down
80. be yourself, don’t take anyone’s sh*t, and never let them take you alive.
81. heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary. be your own hero.
82. heing happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
83. one day your smile will be real.
84. having a really hot, relaxing bath after a stressful day.
85. lying on grass and laughing at the clouds.
86. getting completely smashed with your best friends.
87. eating crazy food.
88. staying up all night watching your favourite films with a loved one.
89. sleeping in all day.
90. creating something you’re proud of.
91. you can look back on yourself 70 years later and being proud you didn’t commit.
92. being able to meet your internet friends!
93. tea/coffee/hot chocolate.
94. team starkid.
95. cuddling under the stars.
96. being stupid in public because you just can.
97. if you are reading this then you are alive! is there any more reason to smile?
98. being able to hug that one person you havent seen in years.
99. people care enough about you and your future to come up with 100 reasons for you not to do this.
100. but, the final and most important one is, just, being able to experience life. because even if your life doesn’t seem so great right now, literally anything could happen!
That whole almost memory wipe scene, all I was thinking was holy shit
she’s his Donna do-over. This time it’s not life or death so he can
chose to let her keep the extraordinary experience that meant so much to
Then she said “just imagine how it would feel if
someone did this to you“ and I was like, oh yeah, Clara happened. OH
YEAH he doesn’t have to imagine.
But even then I was like ok,
that’s great, but that’s more like icing on the cake of the whole
memory thing that was Donna. Donna’s thing was a badly healed wound,
Clara’s thing was what tore it open again to be healed properly.
And then I come on here and it’s all the Clara thing, and I’m just???
yes the Clara thing was important, and will always hold extra
importance to this doctor while he has this face, but before we had
memory drama with Clara, we had memory drama with Donna and I feel like
that gets swept to the side so much. Because Donna was normal, and Clara
was some how pre-destined.
She was just a temp from
Chissick, with a firey temper and a loud mouth, who happened t become
the Doctor’s best friend, without a single hint of romance. She was
smart, and she was kind, and she kept shouting even if the world had no
interest in listening. She was important because she MADE herself
important, even if she never seemed to realise just how profound an
effect she had on the universe. She was important because of who she
was, because of the potential she didn’t believe she had but kept acting on anyways, and eventually she was so important that Time itself sat up and took notice.
then there was Clara. Smart, bossy, compassionate, the kind of woman
who could definitely made a good companion all on her own, but whose
character was too busy being stretched and twisted to fit a storyline
that made her important for no other reason than she was supposed to be
important. She wasn’t important in the way Donna was, she was important
because other important people messed around with this, and she was the
result. From day one she was presented as being special when all other
evidence suggested she should have been ordinary, and it grated.
Don’t get me wrong I like Clara. It’s just so much of her storyline annoys me, and I really fucking miss Donna.
TOP 25 TVD SHIPS (as voted by my followers): ↳ 20. Tyler and Elena → You need to get out of here, Tyler. You need to figure out what it is you want to do, who you want to be, and then just really fight for it. You’re gonna be fine, Tyler. You’re a wolf now, embrace it. Don’t fight it. Let it be that thing that makes you extraordinary.
To anyone who may feel or think otherwise your sexuality is important, your religion is important, your race is important, your gender is important, your life is important, your voice is important and you are important. You are extraordinary don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Stand up for what you believe in and it may seem scary but it’s okay, it’s okay, it will be okay. “Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”
From “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” and “Hollow City”
“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never
ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.”
“When someone won’t let you in, eventually you stop knocking.”
“Stars, too, were time travelers. How many of those ancient points of
light were the last echoes of suns now dead? How many had been born but
their light not yet come this far? If all the suns but ours collapsed
tonight, how many lifetimes would it take us to realize we were alone? I
had always known the sky was full of mysteries—but not until now had I
realized how full of them the earth was.”
“We cling to our fairy tales until the price for believing in them becomes too high.”
“Sometimes it’s better not to look back.”
“…so one day my mother sat me down and explained that I couldn’t
become an explorer because everything in the world had already been
discovered. I’d been born in the wrong century, and I felt cheated.”
“Laughing doesn’t make bad things worse any more than crying makes them better.”
“Forgive me. I continue to underestimate the breadth of your ignorance.”
“Sometimes you just need to go through a door.”
“How many times have I told you? Polite persons do not take supper in the nude.”
“But these weren’t the kind of monsters that had tentacles and rotting
skin, the kind a seven-year-old might be able to wrap his mind
around–they were monsters with human faces, in crisp uniforms, marching
in lockstep, so banal you don’t recognize them for what they are until
it’s too late.”
“She moved to pinch me again but I blocked her hand. I’m no expert on
girls, but when one tries to pinch you four times, I’m pretty sure
“No one can hurt you as badly as the people you love.”
“I didn’t know what to call it, what was happening between us, but I liked it. It felt silly and fragile and good.”
“Will you quit shouting and let me bleed in peace!”
“I don’t mean to be rude but what are you people?”
“I imagine we’re killing ourselves right now in al manner of ways that’ll seem insane to people in the future.”
“We hadn’t spoken since the day he nearly shoved me off the roof, but we
both understood the importance of maintaining the illusion of having
“That is/was our friendship: equal parts irritation and cooperation.”
“You tread a precariously thin line between being charmingly headstrong and insufferably pigheaded.”
“Right at the flamingo orgy! Left at the multiethnic roof Santas! Straight past the pissing cherubs!”
“You may choose to live in a world of fantasy if you like, my dear, but I am a realist.”
A/N: Because @thacmis‘ mer!Charles art is awesome. I actually wrote this a few months back, but I chickened out and never posted it. This fic is gen with a little Cherik, no major warnings I think? Enjoy!
Yeah, you pushed for it, not because it’s your job, but because you care. Most people come up against a wall, they give up. Not you. You don’t let go. You don’t back down. That’s what makes you extraordinary.