Visualisation is incredibly useful in witchcraft as it is the base of energy work. From this, you can do all kinds of practices.
You can use visualisation for meditation, astral travel, sending energy into objects and many other things. These will all be covered in the future.
So, how do I start?
Here’s a basic exercise for you to practice. It’s very simple and many of you will probably be able to pick it up easily if you’ve already done visualition techniques!
1. You’ll need a very quiet area where you’ll be comfortable. Even lying in bed and putting white noise in your headphones is useful. Get rid of all distractions, put your phone on silent etc.
2. Close your eyes and empty your mind. Your mind might feel like a blank sheet of paper, and you’re going to create something in there.
3. Picture an apple, any old apple. Zoom in and see its shape, it’s colour. Does it have leaves, more than one colour? Look at every tiny detail of the apple you’ve created.
4. Next, take a knife and cut this apple in half. Focus on the detail inside: the colour, how many seeds there are etc. The more detail, the better.
5. Now you use your senses. What the apple feels like, smells like. Bite into it and taste it. You’re using visualisation to not only see the apple but understand everything about it.
From this, you’re able to visualise and interact with objects in your mind. Practice often with anything you like!