Season 13 Wishlist
Here we go, following on from last years Season 12 Wishlist, this is a post of all the things I would like to get out of Season 13 of Supernatural! With less that 1 week to go before the season premier. I don’t think I did too badly with the things I wanted from Season 12, here’s hoping Season 13 will be everything we are all hoping it will be.
1. My ‘Dean coming out’ episode idea. SO badly. I will continue to desperately pray to the fandom gods for this idea to somehow make it into the show. We need Dean out of the closet in season 13. I want this more than ANYTHING else.
2. The shedding of Dean’s ‘performance mask’ for Sam. This idea comes backed with thousands of words of meta on the topic and is a big one. Because of what we got in 12x22. I would like the continuation of this in the show (also seemingly something we may get following the symbolism of THIS from the promo.) I just want Sam to finally see it too. Maybe get a confession of some kind from Dean to Sam.
3. The continuation of Pining!Dean that we had heavily in season 11. Moments like Dean’s confession in 10x16, Sam’s speech in 11x04, Basically everything in 11x11…Follow your heart Dean… Yeah, I want more of this.
4. Castiel completing his transformation arc. This is important as we need to be able to see clearly where Cas’s story is going. Following his death I want to see the metaphorical phoenix rising from the ashes (and igniting the flames of Luuurrrvve) lol. What WOULD be cool is actually getting a MOTW story with an actual Phoenix since we know they exist and the symbolism would be beautiful. But basically I want the return of BAMF Cas being able to hold his own against the bad guys and beating his depression and PTSD once and for all.
5. Cas facing himself in the Empty and admitting some home truths. Like how he is in love with Dean and wants to be human? Anything that finally starts answering the questions that Cas has had thrown his way since season 8. Cas’s whole story built around this idea of “what are you Castiel, an Angel or a Man?” and “Crack in his Chassis” and everything else that leads to the inevitable decision to shed the chains of heaven and freely let go of his grace for a human life that the show has been building on for ACTUAL YEARS.
6. An explanation for what happened to Cas at the end of 12x19 that makes sense. I really hope that we do find out what Jack did to Cas, because he definitely did something, and all the symbolism and narrative mirrors point to Jack taking control (however briefly) but we certainly didn’t get any answers before season 12 ended.
7. Sam Winchester building relationships outside of Dean. I need this for Sam so badly. I want to see him become his own man, to continue to do what he did in 12x22 – stepping out of his brother’s shadow and leading the hunters to victory. Sam is a natural leader, he just hasn’t realised it all these years. I want Sam to find a true purpose in life and pursue that. Whether that be by continuing to form relationships with other hunters or by taking Jack on as an apprentice and devoting his time to shaping Jack into the polar opposite of Lucifer – which would be truly poetic given Sam’s history.
8. Sam Winchester killing Lucifer once and for all – again a big one for me. I am done with Lucifer and want him dead. I think that the only person who truly should get the pleasure of killing Lucifer is Sam. With the help of Cas and Jack. I want Lucifer dead by season end.
9. Eileen’s return – her death made NO SENSE and was extremely poorly executed. She is sadly another Charlie but this time she deserves redemption from that shitty excuse for an episode. For Sam’s sake as well, I desperately want her back.
10. The total annihilation of the toxic co-dependency – Already basically covered above, but it’s important enough to need its own point. I think we now need an episode that specifically shows how it is destroyed. We need to see the brothers NOT doing stupid shit like selling their souls for each other or taking a bunch of pills just to speak to a reaper to try to bargain for your brothers life, or just generally making terrible choices with horrible consequences to save your brothers life. We NEED an episode where the opposite happens.
11. For Mary Winchester to get a strong and interesting storyline, to realise how her deal was actually a best case scenario given the circumstances of the AU world, and to come to terms with her new life outside of heaven. I do hope that now she has fulfilled her purpose for Dean, they will give her a chance to work on her relationship with Sam, and being stuck in the AU world should relieve some of that guilt, so that when she does return she will be in a better place.
12. Some fun Winchester family moments – it would be nice to get even a few small moments of Winchester family bonding – brother pranks – talks with mum – More “teachable moments” with Cas – just the occasional canon fluff scene since WE ALL WANT IT.
13. WAYWARD SISTERS – I mean hells yes! I don’t really have much on the wishlist for them other than I hope they kickass and are undeniably awesome and PICKED UP FOR A SPINOFF BY THE NETWORK.
14. Dean and Claire to have a conversation about Cas’s death – PLEASE SHOW! Give me Claire grieving over Cas! PLEASE!
15. Jody actually getting the truth out of Dean about his feelings for Cas. I would give anything for this conversation to be an actual thing.
16. It probably goes without saying but MAN PAIN OVER CAS – I mean, I reckon we are gonna get a good helping of this. Maybe not immediate tears but its gonna be pretty damn angsty – if the promo’s are anything to go by. I basically want it to be UNDENIABLE in canon that CAS is the reason that Dean is so broken up and that BOTH brothers are seriously struggling with his death. It has to be OBVIOUS how important Cas was to them and how his death has affected them.
17. The return of the mixtape. BRING BACK THE MIXTAPE
18. DESTIEL – Duh. Do I wish for canon destiel? Every. Single. Year. This one will be no different. Of course I want it. I want a love confession (that isn’t ambiguous). I want a kiss. I want a scene where it fades to black only to show them lying in Dean’s bed the next morning doing the whole pillow talk thing. Give me ALL THE DESTIEL.
19. Bring back Rowena. She didn’t deserve that ending. It was worse than Eileen’s. They better bring her back.
20. Bring back Death and Billy – I kinda still think it would be cool if Cas sees them both in the empty and brings them back with him – even if it doesn’t fit thematically with his story.
21. Cas dressed in anything other than the suit and trenchcoat (what can I say…Misha is a fine specimen of a man and does not deserve to be hidden under ill fitting clothing – I really hope the D&G suit is from the show!)
22. Cas on generic MOTW hunting episodes – ever since Hunteri Heroici I NEED THIS.
24. Witch!Sam - Every year I hope they pick up this story idea and every year they let me down. Let season 13 be that year!
23. Easter Bunny episode – For Lizbob and Mittens :P
That’s it so far. Feel free to add on your own wishlist ideas that I may not have covered! Bring on the season 13 premier! Woop!