The legends + how they act when they're sick
There are two really great sick headcanons from @kashinoha & @regzillas right here and here that you should totally check out because they’re awesome, but lemme put in my own as well because you can never have too many sick Legends (unless they’re all sick at the same time. Then oh god).
- Kendra is pretty good when she’s sick (unlike Carter, who used to groan and mumble that he was fine, only to get up and fall back down because he would be running a 104 fever). Honestly, she’ll take a pill and be good. She and Gideon become pseudo-nurses and take care of everyone while they’re sick. Gideon loves working with Kendra, and the two herd everyone around and make sure they’re taking their meds and aren’t being stupid.
- She’s one of the few people who can deal with Sara, who becomes a wreck when she’s sick. Sara will glare at anyone who comes within fifty feet of her, so everyone makes sure to steer clear (hard to do when you all live together). Jax bumped into her once and he thought he was going to die. Kendra, however, can talk her down and bring her to the MedBay to get some damn help, and will give Sara tons of medicine and herbal tea, which actually help Sara out a lot.
- Martin Stein is the biggest baby when it comes to being sick. He’ll cough like, once, and claim that the plague has come upon him, that he is dying, and that the world is cruel and out to get him (putting him and Sara in a room together when they’re sick is fun because both want to kill each other after 2 minutes).
- He is also just. Unbearable. Do not go near Stein when you are sick. Kendra and Ray are the nicest people to take care of you when you’re sick, but after 10 minutes of dealing with Stein, they were out. Stein complained about Kendra’s soup and she grabbed it out of his hands, and Ray stuck out for two more minutes until Stein insulted Doctor Who, at which point Ray said, “You are not nice when you’re sick” and stormed out.
- Stein also gets sick when Jax does, and vice versa (or, they act like it). Jax is considerably less annoying though. He just turns into a baby and the entire team shamelessly smothers him.
- He tried to get Stein to make him soup and Stein told him he was a goddamn adult and could do it himself. Jax responded with “Oh true, you’d probably drug my soup anyway.”
- Ray tries to hide his sickness, even when he’s clearly not okay, but that will not stop him from insisting that he is totally 100% okay. “Serious-COUGH-ly guys, I’m - COUGH - okay - COUGHCOUHG - really.” Finally Sara knocked him out because he was coughing all over her chair and they strapped him into the MedBay chair until he got better. Gideon disinfected the ship, but Stein still went around with wipes and wiped down everything Ray touched.
- Len, too, tries to hide sicknesses, except it’s harder to tell with him. He’ll just look a little bit more uncomfortable than usual. It’s usually Mick who can tell that Len is sick.
- Literally, Len will be making a plan to stop Savage and Mick will nonchalantly say “Except you, you’re sick,” and everyone will stop because Len looks absolutely fine to them, but then Gideon pops up and says that Len has a high fever and that she’s frankly surprised that he hasn’t passed out yet.
- On the flip side, even Savage will know when Mick is sick. Mick will feel the slightest tickle and then you’ll hear him grumbling and knocking things around because he is heavily upset.
- He does, however, get to chill in the MedBay and chug cough syrup and get a morphine drip (unbeknownst to Mick, after the first chug, Gideon gives him plain old flavored syrup so that he doesn’t take unnecessary amounts of stuff).
- Rip will insist he’s fine as well, but he’s not as bad as Ray and Len. If he’s clearly sick, Rip will bring himself down to the Medbay and get himself treated first.
- If it’s a cold, however, he’ll insist that he’s totally cool to go on missions. Rip had a bad cold one day and was in front of Savage and was threatening him as usual. “Mark my words, Savage, Kendra will kill you, and when she does, I will make sure the last thing you see in this world will be my - ahh, ahh, AH-CHOO!” And that is when Rip Hunter sneezes in Vandal Savage’s face.