• 3 cups (385g) all-purpose flour • 1½
cups (185g) powdered sugar • a pinch of salt •
1½ cups (350g) butter, melted • ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For Lemon Curd Topping:
• 6 eggs, whole •
– 2 cups (200g
– 300g) white sugar • ½ – ⅔ cup (120ml – 155ml) fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons) • zest from 3 lemons • ½ cup (65g) all-purpose flour • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
• Combine flour, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract. You will get a soft dough.
• Transfer the dough into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F (175°C). Take out of the oven.
• In the meantime, mix whole eggs together with sugar until fluffy.
• Add lemon juice and lemon zest and continue mixing until the sugar begins to dissolve.
• Add flour and baking powder and mix just until incorporated. Pour over hot shortbread crust and return to the oven. Bake for about 35
– 45 minutes more or until set in the middle. Allow to cool completely, then cut and serve dusted with powdered sugar.
Recipe of the Day: The Most-Lemony Lemon Bar of All Time
Prepare for some serious pucker. Our brand-new lemon bars are no joke the most lemony you have ever experienced — so lemony they take 8 lemons to make. We put lemon zest in the crust, upped the pucker in the filling and even put lemon candy on top. It’s the bar for the ultimate lemon lover. [recipe in bio] http://ift.tt/2oxD9AN