The right is a lemon. The left is also a lemon. Even though they’re different, they’re both good! A lemon is a lemon! They’re the same! Everything is like that! I’m sure of it! Good niiiight~ See you tomorrow!
(It’s past midnight here, which means it’s technically Monday, and I wanna start.)
Each day during FWA Week, I intend to post a list of fanfic recs for one of my major fandoms. And for this first post, I’m starting with - big surprise - Fullmetal Alchemist. Some of my favorite pieces, with links to the authors on Tumblr if I know their Tumblr names, are as follows in no particular order:
1) “Shot Down” by Janieshi. A playful one-shot about a soldier who transfers to Eastern Command and is immediately smitten by the lovely, reportedly untouchable Riza Hawkeye. But why is everyone warning him not to waste his time trying to get her attention? This story makes me giggle every time.
2) “Unspoken” by jellyjay. Five times Roy Mustang didn’t tell her he loved her, and one time he did. I had the distinct pleasure of RPing Royai with Jelly via email for roughly two years, and she always gives these characters delightful and authentic voices.
3) “On the Line” by glamaphonic. Five times Roy Mustang drunk-dialed Riza Hawkeye. A really funny, sexy, well-written one-shot.
4) “Blaze of Glory” by bleedingcoffee42.
After the battle with Lust, Roy is anxious to leave the hospital and find a way to fix Havoc. Riza has to care for her stubborn injured Colonel and they finally come to terms with the fact that they are much more than co-workers. Coffee is pretty well known around here for writing yummy Royai and she doesn’t disappoint.
5) “Shall We Dance?” by stupidsexymustang.
Mustang and Hawkeye understood danger. But they were rather fond of a particularly dangerous game that no one would stop them from playing. SSM wrote this for this year’s Royai Week festivities and it is a very happy piece indeed.
6) “Lemon Tea” by Shimegami-chan. This one-shot is an AU, although it’s old enough that at the time it was written, it probably wasn’t intended as one. It’s about Roy meeting Riza at the military academy (which we know now didn’t happen) and how nobody could get close to her… but he finds a way to bond over a hot beverage. Even though it’s not canon, it’s still really good.
7) “Drifting Apart” by bayalexison. Bay writes a lot of good Royai stuff, and this is no exception. She takes on the time when Riza is Bradley’s hostage, prior to the Promised Day, and how Roy and Riza are faring in one another’s painful absence.
I know many other stories, but these are some of my favorites, so I wanted to share them. Happy Fanfiction Writers Appreciation Week!
Naruto tries to glare at her but his face contorts in such a way that he mostly looks like he just ate an entire lemon. “Sakura-chan, I am bald.”
“Lots of people are bald!” she chirps, patting Naruto on the shoulder. She takes it as a good sign when Naruto doesn’t swat her hand away considering this is mostly her fault and she was even the one to shave his head for him. “There’s…” Sakura pauses, trying to think of a good example. “You know…”
When she comes up with nothing, Naruto moans obnoxiously while Sakura tries to comfort him. Sasuke, naturally, leans against the wall taking amusement in the situation and being entirely unhelpful.
“What if Hinata doesn’t love me anymore?” he whines. “What if she was only with me for my luscious blond locks and I am now utterly worthless without them?” Naruto looks at his reflection for the nth time and then immediately turns away. “Sakura-chan, I'm hideous–”
“Did you know you have a dent in your head?”
The two whip around to glare at Sasuke who does nothing more than shrug, and while normally Sakura would scold Sasuke for being an ass when Naruto was genuinely traumatized, the situation was, technically, her fault.
It all started with a spar but because Team Seven is, well, Team Seven, the spar got a little out of hand and slugs and snakes and frogs got involved and then slug slime got involved, particularly in Naruto’s hair, which then hardened into something that they couldn’t remove without shaving Naruto’s head and–
Oh My Favorite!! Aqours Trending News (October 2016) Caption: “Say ahh♡”— Shaved ice in the summer is the best!!!
Yep, as I thought, eating shaved ice outside on a hot midsummer day is the greatest!!♡ When it’s summer, I feel like eating shaved ice every day~♪ After all, you don’t have to go buy shaved ice unlike ice-cream, you can even make it at home. Ah— According to Riko-chan, apparently if you work hard at preparations, you would be able to make ice-cream even at home, but about that— Expecting that of me is futile♡ Ehehe— Such a complicated menu is best left to a girly person like Riko-chan; what Chika specializes in is heavy physical labor, scraping the ice and making shaved ice like a man~! That’s how it is♪
This year, everyone often stops at my place on the way back from practice and sweats it out at the hot springs. Times like these are when I get to make full use of my shaved ice machine! Chika-chan’s shop’s menu lineup this year is, melon, strawberry, lemon and matcha! And also— the absolutely essential, flavor of condensed milk~♡ This is the flavor I love the most♡ Incidentally, Riko-chan prefers strawberry milk, You-chan prefers lemon, Kanan-chan prefers melon and matcha, while Ruby-chan and Maru-chan are the same as me with milk flavor~♪ Mari-chan requested for matcha milk, while Dia-chan and Yohane-chan are somehow wishing for red beans. I already told you, I don’t have red beans! Jeez, the princess and the demon are really spoiled! They’ll just have to make do with matcha and melon milk♡
But even so— since it’s at home, having to make this many cups means I have to keep turning this machine or we won’t be able to eat shaved ice. Being able to eat just like that at shops is so convenient! Ah, if I do it a bit more I’ll make another cup, I want to have seconds♡♡♡