- On Friday morning, Tom Price was sworn in as secretary of health and human services after a vote that took place at 2:00 AM.
- Even a quick glance at his stance on most issues might cause LGBTQ Americans to worry.
- As a member of Congress from Georgia, he voted to allow job discrimination based on sexual orientation and voted to define marriage constitutionally as between one man and one woman.
- In an interview with BuzzFeed, American Civil Liberties Union legislative representative called Price a “longtime opponent” of LGBTQ rights who has “consistently supported efforts to use religion to discriminate."
- The Human Rights Campaign, an advocacy group dedicated to LGBTQ rights, gave Price a 0 rating — out of 100 — three years in a row when it came to defending queer rights in Congress. Read more (2/10/17 1:04 PM)
Hi what is it that bothers you about gay marriage becoming legal in the US?