- The first animated Netflix original series produced in Latin America is coming to the streaming service Feb. 24. It’s called Legend Quest (Las Leyendas in Spanish) and it’s not just for kids.
- The show deftly weaves Mexican history and folklore with humor and a distinctly spooky touch à la Scooby Doo.
- Legend Quest revolves around Leo San Juan, a teenage boy who lives in 19th-century Mexico. But Leo isn’t just any teen boy. He has the power to communicate with the supernatural. That ability means Leo gets drawn into all sorts of adventures, whether he likes it or not.
- The adventures pick up when Leo’s hometown disappears into another dimension.
- On that day, Leo teams up with the loopy conquistador Don Andrés, the tech-savvy Teodora, the fantastical creature Alebrije and Finado and Moribunda, two calaveras, or Mexican sugar candy skulls.
- Together, the troop must put an end to the evil antics of Quetzalcóatl, the feathered serpent god of Mesoamerican lore. Read more