38 Ways College Students Enjoy ‘Left-Wing Privilege’ on Campus, by Tal Fortgang
'I can take classes and earn degrees in departments that are designed to line up exactly with my worldview'
28. If I can categorize someone who disagrees with me as “powerful” or “oppressive,” I don’t even have to listen to them to begin with.
31. I can get “trigger warnings” appended to texts that challenge me or make me feel uncomfortable.
32. I can get commencement speakers, recipients of honorary degrees, and other guests disinvited from my campus if I disagree with them.
33. I can disrupt and disrespect speakers whom I do not wish to hear; I will subsequently be praised for my denial of their freedom to speak.
34. I can monopolize terms like “justice” and claim that they only apply to what I am saying.
35. I can accuse those who disagree with me of “violence.”
36. I can claim that my personal experiences are “invalidated” by those who disagree with me.