Sense you brought it up, Mai/Ty Lee in the age swap au?
1. Mai was nine the first time she realized she was in love with her best friend. It was only a handful of months since Azula had started school, met them, and claimed them for her own. Mai remembers it distinctly, because she was sitting under a tree in the palace garden, watching Ty Lee and Azula tumbling. She remembers the giddy anxiety that had bubbled up inside her as Ty Lee had leapt into the air, and flipped and somersaulted turning in the air like a wheel on a string, until she landed perfectly, arms raised in triumph. And she remembers the anxious outrage she had felt as Azula knocked Ty Lee to the ground.
2. In some ways, Mai’s almost glad Azula noticed, as unbelievably stupid as that is. Azula noticed and she couldn’t stand it. Jealousy isn’t the right word for it, but Mai doesn’t know if there is a word for it. It’s not that Azula wanted Mai to be in love with her, it’s just that she couldn’t stand that Mai or Ty Lee felt or thought anything about each other that didn’t come from Azula or under Azula’s control. It was all so confusing, such a jumble of longing, fear, and pain, her strange feelings a new vulnerability for Azula to exploit, a way for her to humiliate Mai and Ty Lee both. Azula delighted in getting Ty Lee to blame Mai for their mutual humiliation, or in making Ty Lee join her in making fun of and laughing at Mai. And making Mai make fun of and laugh at Ty Lee. Maybe if either of them had had the freedom to, they would have run aeay, avoided each other, and Mai could have blotted out her feelings in peace, and it all would have been forgotten under a veil of unpleasent history. But Azula didn’t allow that either, and Azula’s attacks meant at least Ty Lee always knew how she felt.
3. Ty Lee was thirteen the first time she had to make herself look away as Mai gets dressed, her lithe pale flesh disappearing behind silk layers of deep red and inky black. She remembers that when she realized, she couldn’t even breathe for a moment, mortified and afraid. She’s the first one who first realized this was not a normal way to feel about her best friend, that this was forbidden, even illegal. And she knew Azula knew, which meant Azula had one more hold over them, and there was one more reason they would never be free.
4. Ty Lee is the one she met first. They were friends first, before Azula started school. There were time that this was the only thing Mai had to cling to, during those dark school years, the knowledge that they had been friends before Azula, that Azula was not the only thing that tied them together, and underneath Azula’s influence, there was a real friendship there. And when they meet up again, when Azula drags them together again to hunt her brother and the Avatar, when Ty Lee all but pretends she doesn’t exist, slamming down every wall of distant bubbly pleasantness she has ever possessed, Mai clings to this again. It’s not until she finally turns against Azula, to protect a little boy who reminds her so much of her own brother, and waits knife in hand for Azula to strike her head, it’s not until Ty Lee sends Azula tumbling down to the ground, that she has any idea what Ty Lee feels for her.
5. Afterwards, everything has already fallen apart. Every wall, every safeguard either of them ever had just to keep the sun rising and setting and the world spinning, to keep Azula happy and the noose from their necks, is suddenly worthless and unnecessary. There is nothing to keep them apart now.
No one cares about what two women who will spend the rest of their lives in prison do.
They are locked away together, and they have all the time in the world, if they can just figure out what to do with it.
Request: Can you do a Fred imagine? When the reader grew up with the Weasley twins and is their best friend. Fred has a crush on her(she’s also pureblood) but in their 5th year, Draco asks her out and she accepts. What happens next you can decide. Thank you!
Cool air filled the outer skirts of Hogwarts, slowly seeking its way inside the castle walls. Students shifted about the school covered head to toe in warm clothing from house decorated scarfs and mittens, to full body jumpers and fluffy hats. (y/n) skipped around the hallways attempting to catch up with the ginger head twins she caught a glimpse of earlier. Weaving in and out of multiple kids, (y/n) finally reached her destination of the boys who were chatting with Lee Jordan obnoxiously trying to annoy the group of sneering Slytherin’s that stood beside them.
“Fred, George, Lee wait up!” The three paused only to find (y/n) wiggling between Lee and Fred. The twin on her left, threw a carefree arm around her shoulder and Lee bumped into her. Keeping the conversation going the boys traveled to their previous topic from before. (y/n) jumped in every once in a while suggesting helpful ideas for future pranks and jokes to play. Fred’s hand slipped away from (y/n) and the comfy, relaxed feeling left. (y/n) shrieked softly in surprise, as Fred rested a firm grip on her waist.
Glancing over to him, she found his gaze locked straight ahead but a slight smirk placed on his lips. Blushing a tiny bit, (y/n) averted her attention away and reversing it to the clutter of kids in front of them. Among the students ahead stood an anxious Draco Malfoy, scanning the flood of students looking for one particular girl, (y/n). Landing on her, Draco called her name over the layer of noise. (y/n) glanced around, eyes finding the waving bleach blonde boy.
“Hey guys I’ll be right back!” She told her friends quick rushing over to Draco smiling like a fool. He opened his arms pulling her in for a bone crushing hug.
“Hey (y/n).” He spoke into her hair and pulled away following him along the mainly disserted hallway. A flow of energy tingled up her arms when he graciously tugged her with him. Though it was soon gone and replaced with a strong weight of guilt. Here she was practically oozing over the sly Slytherin while she would return in a few hours and endure cuddling up to the loving vibe Fred gave her. It just wasn’t fair to either of them.
“Listen (y/n) there’s something I need to ask you. Would you want to go-“ A clamber of falling cups sounded on the opposite end of the hallway and out tumbled Fred, Lee and George all landing up on eachother.
“Shit…” Lee mumbled rising to his feet as well as the twins. Draco scoffed sending daggers in their direction.
“Get lost weasels and you too Jordan!” He shouted a sense of embarrassment entering his system. The three rushed off but before leaving Fred sent a look of betrayal, and then disappeared behind a stone wall.
“Anyways what I was trying to say, is would you like to go out with me?” Hopefulness was laced in his words. (y/n) nodded beaming greatly, completely forgetting about the incident before with Fred. Draco smiled kissing her cheek sweetly.
“That’s wonderful! Here I can walk you back to your dorm.” He offered kindly. (y/n) agreed walking to the Gryffindor common room with him, said goodbye then walked in to find a sad looking Fred planted in the maroon leather couch, by himself. (y/n)’s bones filled with the familiar sorrowful feeling taking a seat next to him.
“Listen Fred… I’m really sorry.” Fred shook his head forcing a painful smile on his lips.
“No don’t be. You shouldn’t feel bad for liking someone; it’s not your fault.” (y/n) hugged him tight against her chest as if wiping the regret off. Whispering one last sorry, (y/n) stood up from her seat after leaning to kiss Fred delicately on his left cheek.
“Thank you for understanding.” Fred nodded unable to speak. His heart was shattering into millions of tiny little pieces and she was the only one that could fix it. But, he’d work through it for her. After all she was his best friend and he wanted nothing but the best and happiness for her.
So I will only be doing one part for this! Hope you enjoyed
the middle of the street I have to snicker when Jungkook sends me a
photo of himself with a sad pout on his face the caption reading. ’I
him that the feeling is mutual and that I’m meeting up with Lee.
‘we’re having a date’
’date? I’m not here and you’re
having a date?’
’don’t be jealous, I did visit you
Absentmindedly walking up the steps to
Lee’s apartment complex, I almost trip when he sends me a video.
hold watch the video and he looks really cute with his round eyes but
he is saying something, I hold the speaker of the phone to my ear and
a smile spreads. “________-ah, please go on a date with me.”
All twenty-something Lee Kim wants in his life is to settle down with a nice, mild-mannered, Korean boy his mom would approve of.
Trying to catch a date is hard enough when you don’t have a face to go with your skull, but in a city overflowing with caped criminals and martial law issued out by mask-wearing heroes, the pickings are just about slim to none when it comes to nice or mild.
As Lee hopelessly tumbles through questionable subcommunities looking for the love of vigilante heroes and villains alike, he comes face to bony face with his own secret identity crisis.