I don’t get emotional about literature much, but when I do, it’s over Jane Eyre’s ‘Do you think because I am poor, obscure, plain and little that I am soulless and heartless?’ speech. Charlotte Brontë wrote that for ugly girls everywhere.
the worst part is, I didn’t do anything to cause you to leave me. I didn’t betray you, wrong you, or harm you. and this is worse, because it means that you just decided one day that I wasn’t worth having anymore.
The cruelest thing that someone can do to you is first claim to love you more than anything in the world. That they have never seen anything as exquisite as you. That you are every star in the night sky, you have a love to give sweeter than any they have ever tasted. That they will never leave you, because my goodness, look at what all you have to give, they are content, they are content, they are content. And then one day, out of the blue they do.
The cruelest thing that someone can do to you is lull you into a false sense of security. Convince you that this, this is the forever love you have been looking for. This is the kind of love you needed all this time, the kind of love you have craved and let you get comfortable in it because it will last, it will last, it will last. And then, one day, they wrap all of their love into a bundle and walk away without a second glance back at you.
The cruelest thing someone can do is convince you that you will be enough for them. That there will never be another that makes them feel this way, play with their hair, tease them, make them coffee in the morning just the way they like it, you are a language that has become their mothertongue, and one cannot forget their mothertongue. And then, one day, they forget all about you, like you never existed and you are left with this language in your mouth that no one else speaks.
The cruelest thing someone can do is simply leave without warning after promising you a life together. They take this soft heart of yours and love it until it’s so full only to throw it to the ground and crush it into a million pieces. They take everything you built together and take a hammer to it like it is nothing but a glass house that is meant to be destroyed. This is the cruelest thing that someone can do to you. Disappear without a warning when they swore they would love you.
Nikita Gill, The Cruelest Thing Someone Can Do To You
Summary: Jungkook, your ‘best friend’ needs a place to stay since his older brother unexpectedly came home. You try to fix their sibling relationship but that ends up costing you your friendship with Jungkook- a trade for something better or for something worse?
The doorbell rung simultaneous to the sound of constant knocks on your door. You opened your bloodshot eyes and reached over for your phone that sat on the bedside table. Who in their right mind would visit you at 4 in the morning? The violent knocking intensified and you groaned with frustration, peeling yourself away from the warm bed. You shuffled yourself over to the front door and swung it open while rubbing your tired eyes. Of course, only Jeon Jungkook, your best friend, would have the nerve to barge in at such an ungodly hour.
“Jesus woman, I thought you were dead,” Jungkook’s voice sounded relieved at the sight of you in front of him, in your nighties that consisted of merely a singlet and terribly short running shorts. It exposed your supple skin to the handsome boy.
“Jungkook what the fuck do you want? I’m tired, it’s 4 in the bloody morning-” you sighed and wobbled with fatigue.
“Hello to you too, sweetheart,” Jungkook scoffed and entered your apartment with a small suitcase in his grip. “My brother came home unexpectedly just then, I need a place to crash until he leaves.”
You nodded without much thought, you knew his brother was always a sensitive topic for him so you understood.
“That’s fine by me. I’m going back to sleep,” you announced to the noir haired boy with a loud yawn. He merely snickered at your exhausted state and jumped onto your sofa- where he usually crashed after his nights out.
You glided back into the comfort of your bedsheets and closed your eyes to drift off into dreamland.
Morning came quicker than expected. You woke up to the sound of shuffling and fidgeting from the kitchen. It was unusual for Jungkook to wake up so early, early being 9 o’ clock since it was a Saturday morning.
“Good morning,” you said in a nasal voice as you poured yourself a cup of coffee Jungkook had brewed. You peaked over Jungkook’s broad shoulders to see sizzling pancakes on the pan.
“What’s the special occasion?” you murmured behind a hazy sounding giggle and Jungkook showed no emotion, a thin line across his lips.
“Nothing..” Jungkook sounded inaudible as his chest grew with the inhalation of his breath. He let out a loud sigh and you gulped at the boy’s condition. It was rare for him to look so serious. He was normally always making the most inappropriate jokes and comments.
Hey guys,I’m so sorry that I’ve been gone for that long but I wasn’t feeling myself lately (mentally and physically) so I decided to take a break,but now I’m back.So today’s post is about things you have to do in order to be ready for the upcoming school year.Let’s begin shall we👇🏻👇🏻??
• Buy your school supplies early: I know that this sounds so basic but having your stationary all ready and prepared and not waiting to buy them one week (or even day) before school starts will actually help you so much.It will inspire and motivate you for the next year making you think about school and all the things that you will need throughout the day.
• Organize your room,desk or generally your study corner: Okay so pay attention to this one cause it’s actually the key to everything (for me at least).In order to keep your mind focused on school,assignments and tests you must have a clean,quite and relaxing place to study.I know that this isn’t for all people but when it comes to children like me who can’t focus if there’s even a paper clip on the floor then it will be a life changing thing to do before school starts, BUT!! be careful and don’t overdo it, keep things that you will only need and don’t put stuff that are not useful cause it will most likely leave you without space to write.
• Pick your outfits days before: Look we’ve all been into this situation when you panic and freak out cause you have nothing to wear for a very special occasion, so picking your outfits early not only for the first week of school but for the whole year in general will help you so much I PROMISE.Because when you’re not in the mood to pick a cute outfit at 6:30am (Don’t worry I got you) it will come so handy if you just have it ready on your hooker waiting for you.Also this can may help you add a thing or two to your shopping list that you really need for back to school like umm a pair of basic skinny jeans or reaped mom jeans EVERYTHING you need will just come out way easier if you just sit down and think about it.
• Get crystal clear about this year’s goals: So in order to succeed anything in life you have to attract it,so if you just start thinking about the things that you would like to accomplish this year and be serious about them (like lose 3 pounds or read 5 books) you will actually make them happen a lot easier.
• Visualize your everyday routine: Here there isn’t much to explain.Its completely up to you.Imagine how your everyday life will be by the time school starts and try make it as productive and joyful as possible
(ex. Wake up around 6:00 am,make your bed,wash your face,eat breakfast,brush your teeth,mediate,read a little bit of your book and leave for school).
Jungkook was a tall guy, handsome with all those ethereal artwork
tattooed on his arms..and your best friend. He was by your side
whereas you faced a painful heartbreak, caressing your hurt soul for
as long as you needed him. But how much can a friendship withstand if
one of the two develops feelings?
I want to love you without clutching, appreciate you without judging, join you without invading, invite you without demanding, leave you without guilt, criticize you without blaming, and help you without insulting. If I can have the same from you, then we can truly meet and enrich each other.