Here’s another disclaimer for you:
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT promoting myself as a vegan. There WILL be vegan recipes on this blog, but I’m still going to talk about eggs, cheese, and yogurt. I haven’t made the leap. I will… someday.
You know what’s hip? Greek yogurt. It’s so effing edgy. Seriously, everyone wants to be in Greek yogurt’s posse. Everyone wants to be with Greek yogurt, and I mean in a sexy way. Everyone wants to be… Greek yogurt.
For a lot of people, maybe including you, they tend to eat GY for it’s health benefits, or for fitness/diet purposes… I guess those reasons are sort of the same. Whatever. The point is Greek Yogi has some really important properties, as long as you aren’t eating it in excess AND you’re eating GY that is 0% milk fat (don’t worry, the package should tell you).
What you’re getting out of the deal:
- so many proteins
- calcium– this means your bones and your teeth… plus it’s necessary for you to get enough since your body doesn’t make it’s own
- culture…. AND cultures (see what I did there?): yes, these little probiotics are settling in your stomach and digestive track, basically aiding your digestion and well.. yeah, poop.
Its just a good snack.
Now, I’m gonna blow your mind. We’re gonna combine plain GY and…. cinnamon.
Why cinnamon is perfect:
- energy, energy, energy
- improves circulation
- shown to relieve stress
- also show to relieve lady problem pains
- headache? migraine? might ease the pain!
So, for a really awesome snack (just for kicks or for pre/post work out)
- Combine 1 package of GY (I used Chobani) with about ½ tsp cinnamon (you can add more)
- Drizzle a little (notice I said “little”) agave or honey if you’re weak of heart
- Cut open an apple and dip
I apologize for the long-windedness of this post.
Secretary of Snacks