I want balloons for my birthday. I want to wake up to my friends shouting happy birthday. I want flowers on my doorsteps. I want a note to follow instructions that would take me to a backyard where you’d be waiting for me with a box of my favourite pizza. I want all of that but what I get every birthday are excuses, emails from amazon wishing me birthday and stupid cards from my distant aunts. I get nothing which reminds me i’m special because maybe i am not. half my friends wouldn’t even care if I stop showing up for class, or I randomly disappear. that’s the sad part. the people who want to be loved the most, never get flowers on their birthday.
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently