1. Kiss her hand.
2. Stand on my tiptoes to kiss her forehead.
3. Bury my face in her hair, because it’s so soft.
4. Bury my face somewhere else.
5. Wrap my arms around her from behind.
6. Be the big spoon.
7. Be the little spoon.
8. Tell her that she looks beautiful.
9. Cook with her.
10. Fondue with her.
11. Try sushi with her.
12. Order pizza with her.
13. Watch movies and TV shows all night.
14. Just look at her for hours. Because damn. Wow.
15. Hold her hand.
16. Give her roses.
17. Give her books.
18. Get drunk with her.
19. Make love to her.
20. Take pictures with her.
21. Take pictures of her.
22. Pout when she deletes pictures because she “looks stupid” on those.
23. Quickly take more photos.
24. Dance with her.
25. Sing with her.
26. Sing to her.
27. Get baby animals with her.
28. Give her little, unexpected kisses.
29. Rest my hand on her thigh.
30. Grab her butt in public.
31. Make out with her in public.
32. Compare our hand sizes.
33. Carry her to bed.
34. Tell her parents that they have a perfect daughter.
35. Tell her parents that I’ll steal said daughter.
36. Trace her lips.
37. Write on her body.
38. Kiss her collarbone.
39. Whisper in her ear.
40. Remove her hair carefully to kiss her neck.
41. Kiss her scar.
42. Kiss her tears away.
43. Tickle her.
44. Leave cute notes.
45. Count the times she bites her lip.
46. Listen to her favorite music.
47. Rest my head on her shoulder.
48. Go shopping with her.
49. Buy the first thing she looks at.
50. Walk through the town and telling people: “Hi. That’s my girl. I hope you’re having a nice day. Bye.”
51. Stroke her hair until she falls asleep.
52. Watch her sleep.
53. Take pictures of her when she’s asleep.
54. Take a bath with her.
55. Play a game with her.
56. Let her win the game.
57. Watch the stars.
58. Watch the sunset.
59. Watch the sunrise.
60. Go to the beach with her.
61. Pull her back into my arms when she is about to leave.
62. Be her pillow.
63. Sleep in a little fort with her, made of blankets and pillows.
64. Cry with her over a movie.
65. Put a flower in her hair.
66. Gently push her against the wall to make out with her.
67. Lightly tilt up her chin to kiss her.
68. Steal her perfume.
69. Meet her friends.
70. Go on vacation with her.
71. Lift her up into my arms.
72. Listen to her heart beat.
73. Watch funny cat videos with her.
74. Tell her that I’m proud of her.
75. Lay my head on her chest.
76. Kiss each of her knuckles.
77. Go to the cinema with her.
78. Let her wear my clothes.
79. Wear her clothes.
80. Feed her.
81. Shut her up with a kiss.
82. Give her my jacket when she’s cold.
83. Wrap the blanket around her.
84. Let her have the most space in bed.
85. Keep myself from stealing the blanket.
86. Curl up on the bed with her.
87. Make her favorite food.
88. Hold her hips.
89. Stroke her fingers with mine.
90. Kiss her jaw.
91. Tell her that she looks sexy when she’s angry.
92. Promise her that she’s safe with me.
93. Go to a concert with her.
94. Flirt with her.
95. Protect her from her nightmares.
96. Hold her in my arms when she cries.
97. Nuzzle my nose against hers.
98. Pull her onto my lap.
99. Hug her pain away.
100. Tell her that I love her.
100 things I’m going to do when I’m with my girlfriend.
Most people will tell you that long distance relationships are a LOT of work. Most people will tell you that long-distance romances are not worth it. Most people? They’re wrong.
Here’s why long-distance relationships can be amazing:
Rather than rely on physical cues, in a long distance relationship, you learn to rely on proper communication skills to get your message across.
Long distance relationships make you truly appreciate the moments you spend together in the same zip code.
Because you rely so heavily on communication to keep the two of you a couple, you can learn to express your feelings to your partner. This is a difficult task for many.
You don’t have the luxury of picking fights because you had a bad day. Instead, you learn to pick and choose the things that do matter to you and discuss those openly — not in the heat of the moment.
As most long distance relationships depend on things like email, instant messaging, and texting, you’re less likely to say something while you’re flaming angry. Instead, you have the time and space to think about the words BEFORE you type them.
You don’t have to see the annoying parts of your partner as much — his dirty socks, his inability to put the toilet seat down. You usually get to see his best side.
With services like G+ hangouts, Skype, and Facetime, you still get to spend time face-to-face with your partner, even if you’re not physically in the same place.
You learn to be honest — even when it makes your partner unhappy. The best relationships have a foundation in honesty, and that need is even more important when you’re long distance.
You have the space to figure out what really matters to you in a partnership. Is it sex? Is it commitment? Is it shared hobbies?
A long distance romance allows you to strengthen your commitment to your partner. It’s a great way to figure out how much you mean to each other.
The fact that LDR’s two most circulated posts have to do with the implicit threat of starvation in an economy where the means of production are owned by elites (one’s a meme with over 70,000 notes and the other is a tweet with well over 100,000 notes) is a good sign that people definitely recognize how counter-productive this system is to genuine human flourishing. No amount of neoliberal rhetoric can fully undo the alienation – people know something’s wrong.