I so rarely see English (or British) feminists talk about the abortion issue in Northern Ireland and how it’s the only country in the U.K. where abortion is still banned, and where women have been arrested by the PSNI recently for purchasing abortion pills online.
Please please please make the Northern Irish abortion ban an electoral issue this general election.
Unsurprisingly, explicit legislation allowing trans access to bathrooms and other public accommodations makes trans people less likely to commit suicide, and makes cis people less likely to be discriminatory towards trans people. Can we pass the Equality Act, now?!
• With the help of Adam, Belle is able to pass laws enforcing equal education for girls and boys in the village.
• She also offers free tutoring sessions for anyone who finds themselves struggling and organizes weekly bookclubs for kids to share and discuss their favorite stories.
• Adam places a statue of a Beast outside the castle, as a reminder (@ Descendants).
• Adam and Belle are always there for each other when it comes to the death of their mothers and are surprised at how easy it is for them to open up to one another.
• Madame and Maestro use the enchanted book to travel through Europe, performing at all the famous concert halls.
• Madame becomes the greatest fashion icon to ever grace the stage, and her outfits become a hit with many of the towns that they tour.
• Mr. and Mrs. Cogsworth constantly invite a very reluctant Lumière and Plumette on double dates that they don’t really want to go on but get roped into anyway.
• Sometime between the transformation and the final scene, LeFou goes to apologize to Maurice for lying about whether Gaston had left him to be eaten by the wolves or not.
• Maurice immediately forgives him, saying that he understands how difficult it must’ve been to be put in that situation given the hold Gaston had had on him and that all that matters is, when it came down to it, LeFou made the choice, for himself, to do the right thing.
• Belle overhears all of this and begins to grow closer to LeFou, impressed with the courage he displayed.
• She helps him learn to read, and Adam occasionally comes to join in on their lessons, finding LeFou a very pleasant and enjoyable company who’s able to put him in a good mood.
• Adam asks Maurice to paint a giant mural on one of the walls of the West Wing. Maurice happily accepts.
• Every night, Belle reads a bedtime story to Chip, the two making a ritual out of it.
• Mr. and Mrs. Potts think that it’s precious.
• Adam stands firm with his position on Romeo and Juliet until Belle takes him to see the actual play performed live.
• He sobs. Violently.
• When Lumière and Plumette eventually get married, Madame gives the most dramatic, extra, Oscar-winning-performence maid of honor speech that you have ever heard.
• Side note, Plumette had never actually mentioned anything to Madame about her being her maid of honor.
• LeFou and Stanley start bumping into each other more after having danced together at the ball, but these meeting are often brief and a little awkward as both are too unsure about how the other feels to take things to the next level.
• Mrs. Potts (who is still grateful that LeFou saved her life) and Belle see what’s going on and try to give them a push.
• Lumière, romantic that he is, helps out with this too, but unfortunately has to cancel the plans he had had with Cogsworth and his wife to do so.
• It works, and LeFou and Stanley fall in love.
• Mrs. Potts is just glad he finally found someone better than Gaston.
• Mr. Potts takes over running Gaston’s tavern. He and Mrs. Potts and her tea become the beverage-serving power couple of their town.
• The castle begins hosting events again, but, this time, everyone is invited (rich or poor).
If you in anyway still support Trump, or can make excuses for the alt-right, or any of this fear mongering white supremacy hate bullshit. Unfollow me now.
Praise those who have lost their lives to this fight, in the past, present and future, you are my heroes. Praise those fighting against it in Charlottesville and around the world. Praise twitter accounts for unearthing the names of these hateful excuses for humans. Praise employers for firing these people.
You can not be a supporter of the neo-nazi’s and be a proud American, you can not promote in the historical “confederate” as a means to promote white power. America has fought these wars before. We have won.
We are one nation being torn apart. Because people out there, 53% of them white women, voted for someone whose entire campaign was about bullying, violating, terrorizing the opposition, anyone that didn’t agree with him. We allowed this hate to be supported, and strengthened by the words of our so called leader.
Protesting for your opinion? I’m all for it. Throwing punches, torches, and hate speech because of the color of someone’s skin. GTFO. Intimidating others because you’re a white male? FUCK THAT. If one of the people following your cause plows a car at 40mph into a crowd of peaceful anti-hate protesters, your organization mentors terrorists. TERRORISTS.
I am a white female, in rural Pennsylvania, a red county, who walked into a Trump supporting town on the edge of the Appalachian mountains and voted for Hillary. I love this land, I love this country, but I will not stand for any abuse of power by those who do not know how to wield power, who do not know just and equal law. I am a white female with a small voice in this corner of the internet and I will say right this moment, FUCK THIS. I condemn this. I condemn the white people who don’t stand up and say NO to this, because they are scared. I am scared. I am terrified, but fear should never breed violence and hatred. Fear should breed a hunger for understanding.
The legacy of white men, and the white women that support them in their reign of fear, power, belittling, stomping, and violating the rights of others (others meaning anyone unlike them) needs to be addressed, and fought against.
You have a heart, a brain, a body filled with blood just like anyone else out there in this the world, our bodies are all made up of the same goddamn things. You have no reason, no right, to violate anyone.
I do not want your hate here. I do not want your following here. You are not welcome into my space if you believe that you can hurt others because of where you were born, or the color of your skin.
I beg of you, with my words, not my fists, or weapons, leave. Educate yourself. You are special because you have the ability to change, to help, to heal. You are not special because of your gender, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Sound of Music Gif originally posted by (fyeahbroadway)
Good news from Finland! The country’s Parliament voted down a petition to repeal a recent law legalizing marriage equality, securing same-sex marriage rights that will take effect next month.
The law, which was passed in 2014 by the previous parliament, will end the distinction between same-sex unions and heterosexual marriages, giving same-sex couples equal rights to adopt children and share a surname.
Finland has been the only country in the Nordic region not yet to recognize same-sex marriage, although gay couples have been able to enter into registered partnerships since 2002.
“We can’t let homosexuals marry! It’s defined as between a man and a woman in the marriage act!” is the worst argument against marriage equality because it’s literally saying “we can’t change the law! It’s the law!” Like ??? What do you think a vote is? That’s not an argument against changing the law that’s just a statement that a law exists and you also don’t understand the function of a government. SPOILERS: There’s no law that says changing the law is illegal. SHOCKING I KNOW!
Warnings: A/B/O Dynamics, Smut, Unprotected Sex, Angst, Violence Against the Reader, Swearing, Bigotry
Summary: After a hunt goes awry, Dean and the reader spend the night together, but was it all a mistake?
A/N: This is my first A/B/O fic, written for @dr-dean‘s A/B/O Challenge (Happy Birthday!!). I’ve always wanted to write one of these, so thank you so much for breaking me out of my shell. And thank you @notnaturalanahi, for getting me out of my funk and inspired to write this, not to mention betaing it for me. The prompt was November Rain by Guns n’Roses (one of my favorite songs, by my favorite band.) Written using @kittenofdoomage‘s A/B/O Rules. It got a little too long, so I’m splitting it up into two parts.
***Please do not repost my work without my knowledge or consent. Even if you are giving me credit, please do not repost my work.***
The day you met Dean Winchester you knew he belonged to you.
It wasn’t the earth shattering electricity you’d heard True Bonds conveyed when mates touched. It was in a smile, in a glance, in the warm, comforting knowledge that he was yours. Just for you.
Since then, loving him had been as easy as breathing, but being with him was considerably harder. If Dean had felt the call, he never showed it. He worked beside you, treated you like family, but never made an advance. And that was the true challenge of your situation, and the true burden of being an unmated Omega.
“I’ll have you know, I’m great company to most people,” Dean said, shaking you out of your thoughts.
What do you do when your son comes out to you and you want to be supportive? Why, cover your car in pro-equality decals, of course!
That’s what Geoff Thomas of Sydney, Australia did, anyway:
Thomas told BuzzFeed News he “grew up homophobic” and spent a lot of time in settings that were hostile to gay people.
“I spent nine years in the army, I’m a Vietnam veteran, I was a plumbing contractor,” he said. “I was conditioned to be homophobic, and then one day my son comes out to me.
"I had to ask myself the question – what is it about gays that I didn’t like? After that, I decided it was unfounded fear, ignorance and prejudice. Then I came to the view that my son wasn’t equal in law and that really got up my nose, so I became a very strong advocate for marriage equality.”
"I’d had this talk with some people and I said, ‘Every man and his dog supports marriage equality’. And I thought, I’ll put that on my ute!”
Equality no matter your ethnicity, race, nationality, culture, tradition, religion, spirituality, faith, secularism, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, place on the spectrum of neurotypicality and non-neurotypicality, place on the spectrum of physical ability, place on the spectrum of physical health, socioeconomic status, and level of recognized Western education.
These are fine to use as you like with zero credit.
(If anyone knows who created the black labels I found on Pinterest ages ago, please let me know so I can give them credit.)
a friend who is a guy: wait omg I just heard that you were a feminist?! me: yeah, so? a.f.w.i.a.g: but aren’t those… like activists who like…. do weird shit and stuff? me: sometimes? I guess? idk we’re all just campaigning for equal rights within the law and society. a.f.w.i.a.g: wait so you’re like…. equalists? me: I guess in a manner of speaking, yes - between genders, in any case. a.f.w.i.a.g: *whispering* holy shit. im a feminist, then? can guys be feminists?
It’s not men who are the problem…. it’s society and parents of these men who don’t teach them shit.