At around 12:30 am of 11 January, 1992, 16-year old, Melinda Loveless, 17-year-old, Laurie Tackett, and two other friends, 15-year-old, Hope Rippey, and 15-year-old, Toni Lawrence, went to the home of 12-year-old, Shanda Sharer, and convinced her to come for a drive. Sharer had begun dating Amanda Heavrin, Loveless’ ex-girlfriend. Once in the car, the girls threatened Sharer with a knife and drove out to a garbage dump in a forested area. Scared, Rippey and Lawrence stayed in the car. Tackett and Loveless then forced Sharer to strip naked and then they began to beat her. They tried to slash her throat with the knife but it was too dull. They then took turns stabbing her in the chest. Still unsuccessful, they strangled her with a rope until she was unconscious, thinking she was dead. They put her in the trunk and told the other two girls she was dead.
The girls drove back to Tackett’s home to clean themselves off, but suddenly realised Sharer was not yet dead - she was screaming in the trunk of the car. Tackett went out with another knife and stabbed her again until she was silent. At around 2:30 am, Loveless and Tacket went for a drive in the car, leaving the two other girls behind. Sharer, still not dead, was gurgling and crying in the trunk of the car. Tackett stopped the car and opened the trunk. Sharer sat up, covered in blood and unable to speak, and Tackett beat her with a tire iron. They went back to Tackett’s home where they described the ordeal to the two other girls. All four girls got into the car again and drove up a gravel road where they bundled Sharer, who was still alive, out of the car and onto the gravel wrapped in a blanket. They covered her in gasoline and set her alight while still alive. Her autopsy showed that she also had anus lacerations, indicating somebody had sodomised her with a foreign object but the girls refused to admit who.
The girls were arrested the following day. Loveless and Tackett were sentenced to 60 years imprisonment. Lawrence and Rippey, who were less active in the murder, were given a more lenient sentence. Lawrence was paroled in 2000, and Rippey was paroled in 2006.
Akira, Shiba Inu (6 y/o), Boul St-Laurent & Avenue Laurier, Montreal, QC, CAN • “Every birthday I give him a grilled cheese sandwich. He’s scared of thunderstorms; he screams and tries to crawl into the wall.”
- Zeus/Jupiter, dieu des dieux et dieu de la foudre (lightning)
- Héra/Junon, déesse du mariage et de la fécondité
- Aphrodite/Vénus, déesse de la beauté et de l’amour
- Apollon/Phébus, dieu de la musique et de la médecine
- Artémis/Diane, déesse de la chasse (hunt)
- Hermès/Mercure, messager des dieux, protecteur des voyageurs
- Arès/Mars, dieu de la guerre
- Hadès/Pluton, dieu des morts
- Poséidon/Nepturne, dieu de la mer
- Déméter/Cérès, déeesse de la terre et des moissons (harvest)
- Héphaïstos/Vulcain, dieu du feu et de la forge
- Athéna/Minerva, déesse de la sagesse (wisdom) et de la guerre
- Hestia/Vesta, déesse du foyer (home/household), protectrice de la maison
- Dionysos/Bacchus, dieu du vin et de l’ivresse
- Clio : la muse de l'histoire / Euterpe : la muse de la musique, joueuse de flûte / Thalia : la comédie / Melpomène : la tragédie / Terpsichore : la poésie lyrique et la danse / Erato : le chant nuptial / Polymnie : la pantomime et la rhétorique / Uranie : l'astronomie et l'astrologie / Calliope : la poésie épique
hells (enfers (m)) :
- lieux (m) (: places) : le Tartare, les Champs (m) Élysées, le Pré de l’Asphodèle, les Champs du châtiment
- fleuves (m) : le Styx, l’Érèbe, l’Achéron, le Phlégéthon, le Cocyte, le Léthé
Wilfrid Laurier Special Constable Service - Waterloo, Ontario
The Special Constable Service took delivery of new cruisers recently, and they sure are an improvement! The Ford Police Interceptor Sedans are outfitted by D&R Electronics with an LED Lightbar, siren and Setina push-bars.