i don’t use this website to talk about what happens in my country (nicaragua) but right now everything is upside down, Daniel Ortega and Rosario Murillo (president and vicepresident) made some huge changes to our taxes because they used money from our social security and we couldn’t handle any more bs so we began this revolution pacifically, but now college students are getting killed by the police, the government is threatening many people just to get them to shut everyone up who is against them, they burned and destroyed many universities, almost burned a building while people were inside, hurt many elders and kids, censored many channels on national tv to manipulate information, i’m just-
WE ARE NOT EVEN BEING VIOLENT WE ARE JUST PROTESTING PACIFICALLY FOR OUR RIGHTS, PROTESTING BECAUSE WE’RE TIRED OF HAVING A GOVERNMENT THAT JUST TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THEIR POWER, THEY TOOK EVERYTHING FROM US, WE CAN’T TAKE ANY MORE INJUSTICES, WE WANT THEM TO LEAVE
WE ARE GETTING KILLED AND WE ARE SCARED BUT WE WANT TO BE HEARD, WE NEED THE WHOLE WORLD TO SCREAM WITH US
100 perfect songs for travelling from around the world
1) Hotel California – Eagles 2) Wouldn’t it be ice – The beach boys 3) Born to be wild – Steppenwolf 4) Hit the road Jack – Ray Charles 5) Livin’on a prayer – Bon Jovi 6) Budapest – George Ezra 7) Barcelona – Ed Sheeran 8) Castle on the hill – Ed Sheeran 9) Champion – Fall Out Boy 10) Alone together – Fall Out Boy 11) Young volcanoes – Fall Out Boy 12) Adventure of a lifetime – Coldplay 13) Hymn for the weekend – Coldplay 14) Paradise – Coldplay 15) Bastille – Pompeii 16) I take it all – Pegasus 17) Free – Pegasus 18) Mountain sound – Of Monsters and men 19) Life is a highway – Rascall Flatts 20) Dream on – Aerosmith 21) I lived – One Republic 22) Runaways – All time low 23) The edge of tonight – All time low 24) Good times – All Time Low 25) The flood – Take that 26) Piano man – Billie Joel 27) Desert rose – Sting 28) Africa - Toto 29) Good riddance – Green day 30) No surrender – Bruce Springsteen 31) Born to run – Bruce Springsteen 32) Whatever it takes – Imagine Dragons 33) Thunder – Imagine Dragons 34) On the top of the world – Imagine
Dragons 35) New York state of mind – Alicia Keys 36) Victorius – Panic! At the disco 37) LA devotee – Panic! At the disco 38) Vegas Lights – Panic! At the disco 39) Ready to go – Panic! At the disco 40) Run boy run – Woodkid 41) Sweet home alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd 42) We come running – Youngblood Hawke 43) Castaway – 5 seconds of summer 44) Higher – The score 45) Pacific Coast Highway – Two friends
feat Max 46) Renegades – X Ambassadors 47) One day we’ll be old – Asaf Avidan 48) Summercat - Billie the vision &
The Dancers 49) Trip the light – Alicia Kembe 50) Home – Edward Sharpe & The
magnetic zeros 51) Eddie Vedder – Rise 52) Society – Eddie Vedder 53) Guaranteed – Eddie Vedder 54) Blowing in the wind – Bob Dylan 55) Wind of change – Scorpions 56) Midnight City – M83
57) Caravane – Raphaël 58) Schengen – Raphaël 59) Sur la route – Gérard de Palmas 60) J’t’emmène au vent – Louise Attaque 61) Un jour j’irai à Nerw York avec toi – Téléphone 62) C’est la vie – Khaled 63) Nation – Tibz 64) Voyage en Italie – Lillicub 65) Les lumières dans la plaine – Mickey 3D 66) Liberta – Pep’s 67) Paris – Willy William 68) On dirait le sud – Nino Ferrer 69) Le présent d’abord – Forent Pagny 70) Emmenez-moi – Charles Aznavour 71) Dès que le vent soufflera – Renaud 72) Voyage voyage – Desireless 73) La maison bleue – Maxime le forestier 74) Tout le bonheur du monde - Sinsémilla 75) Santiago - Hugues Aufrey
mismo sol – Alvaro Soler 77) La bicicleta – Shakira 78) La Gozadera – Gente de zona 79) La la la – Shakira 80) We are one – Pitbull 81) Clandestino – Manu Chao 82) Vivir mi vida – Marc Anthony 83) El viaje - Antonio Orozco
84) Selvagens a Procura de lei - Despedida 85) Planta e Raiz – Aquele lugar 86) Vamos fugir - Skank 87) A vida do viajante - Luiz Gonzaga
88) O sol -
89) Além do horizonte - Jota Quest 90) Passageiro - Capital inicial
91) Roma-Bangkok - Baby K
92) Tutti vogliono viaggiare in prima -
93) Certe notti -
94) 883 - Nord, Sud, Ovest, Est 95) Viaggio - Piero Pelù
Il peso della valigia - Ligabue 97) Il mio
giorno più bello nel mondo - Francesco Renga
98) Modena City Ramblers - La strata
99) Mantissa – Marina Satti 100) To tragoudi ton
gyfton – Eleni Vitali
Marielle Franco, a councillor who dedicated her life to fight against institutional racism and police brutality, was shot dead in targeted killing in Rio de Janeiro today.
Franco was a black woman who defied the odds of Rio politics to win the fifth highest vote count among council members when she was elected in 2016. She was an expert on police violence, and on Saturday accused officers of being overly aggressive in searching residents of gang-controlled shantytowns. Being killed only a few days later, there are clear signs that this might have been the motivation for her execution.
It really makes you feel hopeless, to see how little the lives of black women matter in Brazil. Marielle, you shall never be forgotten! We bleed for you!
Ok. So the biggest museum in Latin America just caught fire and here I will rant on this.
First of let’s start with the obvious. A museum this big should have a way bigger protection. But guess what, till april of 2018 they only invested 54 thousand reais, what would translate to approximately 13 thousand dollars.
They never had money to invest because they didn’t really promoted it so people didn’t go because they didn’t know the existence of it. I swear, I lived all my life in Brazil and never once have I seen a commercial about it. Most people know that this museum exists (or existed) but don’t have the minimum idea of what is inside or its history.
And that gets me to my next point. The history. It was funded 200 years ago by Dom João. Was once the house of the royal family.
We didn’t lost just objects we lost a big part of our history.
Oh but I am not finished yet. The worst part is that the firefighters took one hour to get to the place and this is how far they were
So yeah. Thanks to the government giving no fucks to culture and study we lost the work of people who dedicated their entire lives to this.
Oh and just one more thing, this is the week of Brazil’s independence. So congratulations.
I understand how Hispanic and Latino can be confusing terms, but there’s too much free information out here these days to stay misinformed 🙄 Latina is not a race. I have African and European heritage and if I had been born in a Latin American country, I would be considered Latina. There are black Latinas. White Latinas. Indigenous Latinas. Most Latinos/as are a mix of all three, with varying percentages of each race based on the individual. Black Latinas exist.
“No es una marcha. No es una moviliación. Tampoco es un festival. Es una revolución y está sucediendo en la calle.”
Hoy, el Senado argentino debatirá un proyecto de ley que legalizará el aborto para embarazos de hasta 14 semanas. Si el proyecto de ley se aprueba y se promulga, Argentina se convertirá en el país más poblado para legalizar el aborto en América Latina, una región donde las estrictas leyes sobre el aborto son la norma y donde la enseñanza católica ha influenciado la política durante décadas.
El mundo está observando.
“It is not a march. It is not a demonstration. Nor is it a festival. It’s a revolution and it’s happening on the street.”
Today, Argentina’s Senate is set to debate a bill that would legalize abortion for pregnancies up to 14 weeks. If the bill passes and is signed into law, Argentina will become the most populous nation to legalize abortion in Latin America, a region where strict abortion laws are the norm and where Catholic teaching has influenced policy for decades.
The world is watching.
Photos translated in English:
1. Legal abortion: we will shout in the name of the girls that are no longer here.
2. If there is no law, there is protest.
3. There shall not be motherhood if it is not desired.