FFXV Characters playing World of Warcraft Part 1/3 Headcanons
I know I was supposed to start posting my writings next week, buuuuut….
World of Warcraft is a dear game to me even though I don’t play it anymore, still this was a blast to write! This will be posted in three parts, first one containing the chocobros!
And it couldn’t have been possible without @glaive-eve‘s help! Gotta love our story brainstorming :3
Also this is my first-ever-published writing.
I’m slightly nervous.
Hopefully you enjoy <3
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Havoc | Demon Hunter
- Noctis enjoys double jumping, gliding and dashing.
- Oh and he will dash. A lot.
- He is eager about getting the best loot possible for his demon hunter. He might even be slightly aggressive over loot, shouting: “You don’t need that!”
- He has min-maxed stats and his gear is perfectly enchanted and gemmed.
- Noctis wants to be the loot master and probably whispers about it to Ignis at the start of every raid.
He still hasn’t made any progress towards being the loot master.
- He won’t be the first in his guild to get a legendary item. Nor the second, nor the third.
- Noctis will be acting salty towards those who get legendaries before him.
- He still sits at the top of the damage meter — Despite the lack of legendaries.
- He won’t move out of boss mechanics, unless it’s a sure oneshot. He is just tunnel visioning the damage and there is no arguing about it. He won’t take orders if they include moving around.
- Because he needs to be on the top of those DPS meters. He won’t accept the second or the third place. It has to be the first.
- And he will literally drain all the heals and cooldowns.
- If the group he is in keeps wiping at same boss over and over again, he is ready to ragequit.
- But he won’t.
Noctis really wants to unleash the hatred of ten thousand years.
Illidan is so proud of him.
- His favourite spot to go AFK is the Stormwind Keep, if he is playing on the Alliance and Grommash Hold, if playing on the Horde.
- Makes him feel like a boss.
- His fishing skill is maxed out.
- And he has all sorts of cool fishing hats.
- He won’t be sharing any of the fish he has caught though, and Ignis has to literally bribe him to share some of them with the guild.
- Sometimes he pet battles against Prompto, if he is ultimately bored.
- His in game title is Salty.
- He will be playing a male night elf or a male blood elf, depending on the faction he is playing at the moment.
Beast Master | Hunter
- Prompto chose his class just for the pets.
- Cute pets.
- He even takes S.E.L.F.I.E.s with his pets.
- Prompto has his S.E.L.F.I.E. -camera bound on his keyboard.
- He is the definition of a hunter, which means he spends a lot of time being dead and waiting for resurrection.
Why walk, when you can get a resurrection?
- And he dies often.
Maybe because he barrage pulled the whole room?
- Barrage is his thing and it’ll take a lot of persuasion skills to get him change out of it.
- He is almost as greedy about loot as Noctis, but he doesn’t really care about the secondary stats.
- If it has agility on it and a bigger item level than his previous one, he wants it.
- Everything is hunter loot.
- It annoys the shit out of Noctis, when he is trying to tell Prompto what he should be equipping.
- His profession is engineering and he likes crafting all those mechanical squirrels for his own, personal amusement.
- He also greatly enjoys pet battles!
- And his pet battle team is well trained.
- He even beats Noctis in the pet battles.
- When he is playing World of Warcraft, he is barely ever AFK. Prompto will keep on jumping around the town, while waiting for something to happen.
- And maybe spam the guild chat for company.
- He is eagerly asking people to join him on battlegrounds, looking for raids and dungeons, when he is bored.
- The guild chat will fall silent instantly.
- Not that he is a bad player. He knows how to do damage.
- He can be quite heavy company from time to time.
- Prompto was once given a special task — Fit for a hunter. He needed to soak some damage during a boss fight.
- He likes leveling up alts, but gets tired with them easily and his character selection is full of low level characters he won’t touch again.
- Maybe because someone camped him while he was leveling up.
- Prompto changes his character’s hairstyle at least once a day.
- His title would be the Zookeeper or the Field Photographer.
- And his character would be a female. Night elf, if Alliance and blood elf, if Horde.
Arms | Warrior
- Gladio has an off spec for tanking, incase one tank is missing from the raid.
- Tanking isn’t his favorite job to do, but he’ll do it without complaints and handles the role well.
- He is usually charging right into the battle, when the pull timer is somewhere between one and zero.
Whirlwind is his thing.
- He is slightly annoyed at the fact that he doesn’t really get healed.
- Somehow he still survives and is usually the last man standing, if the encounter ends up being a wipefest.
- And he’ll make sure everyone knows that he survived, again.
- He’ll definitely twit Noctis or Prompto, if either of them died earlier during the fight.
- “Noct will pay everyone’s repairs!”
- Because Gladio does actually handle the game mechanics.
- He’ll cheer everyone up with his motivational speeches.
- “We can do this! Just 10% more!”
- Occasionally he does arena, but he isn’t as passionate about it as Ardyn though they team up from time to time to get some honor points.
- Gladio also loves the Brawler’s Guild.
- He spends his free time there.
- Or practicing his rotation on dummies while waiting for queue to pop.
- Iris really hates it, when he smashes his keyboard while doing his warrior rotation. She can hear it all the way to her room.
It must be a warrior thing.
- Inscription is his character’s profession and he eagerly volunteers to mill all the herbs in the guild bank for free.
- He also loves crafting those Steamy Romance Novels.
- He will often transmog his characters in silly non matching outfits, but he also has transmog sets if he needs to get more serious about it.
- Badass warrior tiers sets look cool.
- Battlelord is a cool title for him.
- Gladio will be playing male dwarf, if on the Alliance side and male tauren, if on the Horde side.
Because dwarves are badass.
Subtlety | Rogue
- At first, he wasn’t interested in gaming, but Noctis had him change his opinion of World of Warcraft.
- He actually started playing, he began reading all the possible tips and guides online.
- Now he knows everything.
Ignis could do his rotation in his sleep
and he still practices it.
- He was voted to be the Guild Master, when Noctis, Prompto and Gladio decided to form a guild of their own.
He secretly enjoys being the Guild Master.
- He also became the raid leader due to his knowledge of raids and tactics. He knows exactly what classes to use in a boss fight and will instruct anyone if needed.
- Ignis has to reassure Noctis and others that the key to beating a boss isn’t a DPS race.
- He is often so immersed in his raid leading role, that he has his Cheat Death on cooldown constantly.
- And he is also dead quite often.
- If he happens to be the cause of a raid wipe, he’ll literally send an apology letter to everyone participating in the raid.
- He is the loot master despite Noctis’s protests. He is also naturally a member of the loot council as his knowledge is invaluable.
- But Ignis will gladly pass the loot for Noctis if he’s whining that he hasn’t gotten any loot again.
- Ignis can often be found standing in the Auction House with a campfire placed next to him.
- He knows his business and makes sure that the guild bank has enough money.
- He has cooking skill maxed out.
- And he is always looking out for new recipes!
- Will desperately beg Noctis to share some of the fish he has caught.
He will be the one crafting all the buff foods and feasts for the raids.
- Ignis loves to earn all the raid and dungeon achievements. He’ll make sure there is an event in the calendar for the guild to attempt the most hardcore ones.
- So he does have all sorts of fancy titles and mounts from those achievements.
- But he still uses the title he worked the hardest for: The Insane.
- He also has the Loremaster, because he needed to know everything.
- His characters would be a male worgen, if on the Alliance side and a male troll, if on the Horde side.