Chapter 545 Blow-by-blow
Man, the first and only time I actually do one of these is for the last freakin’ chapter of the series. But I don’t really want to skip it–can’t let this opportunity to sum things up pass.
- I’m happy Lucy is going for her dream and is successful at it. I can think of female protagonists who got done dirtier with their endings.
- Gray and Natsu squabble, Erza smacks them. I guess that’s what we get for our “lmao things never change” bit, perhaps?
- Keep your fucking clothes on, Juvia.
- “The award ceremony is ruined.” I take it back, Lucy got done dirty. Her shitty friends can’t even act right for a couple hours to let her celebrate achieving one of her lifelong goals.
- Gajevy pregnancy. Delightful.
- Chelia’s magic is coming back. I would make a bigger deal out of this, but I’m actually not that mad. I can only assume that Third Origin lost her her magic by burning out her body’s ability to absorb Ethernano–something Wendy could heal.
- I just realized why Minerva wins Sabertooth’s eating contest without getting comically obese–she made a pocket dimension out of her stomach with her Territory magic, that cheating bitch!
- Mermaid Heel became exclusive models for Sorceror Weekly. Because what else would an all-female guild exist for? Fuck you, Mashima.
- Juvia is still trying to take her clothes off.
- Under the Imperius Curse, Gray declares Juvia’s body “his”. I know he’s under the Imperius Curse because only someone who thinks women’s bodies are possessions for men, like Mashima, would make such a respectful man say that. Oh, and canon Gruvia I guess. Sigh.
And that is what I call shutting down Miraxus hard. You did something right for once in your life, Mashima.
What a smug little shit, he knows all the women want him.
- I’m almost positive that little comment by Erza is Mashima talking about angry fans. You sure told us, Mashima. However will we recover? While we’re talking about Erza, has Mashima always drawn her with that 2014-anime eye-somehow-visible-past-hair thing? Or is that new?
- Princess Hisui is queen, and shock of shocks, actually did something useful with the title instead of prettily standing there crying about all the things she’s done wrong with her life.
- Crime Sorciere were rewarded. While the Seis do deserve all the rewards, I have to wonder what exactly they accomplished? At all? They didn’t do anything for the entire war.
- I’m not sure what Erza brushing her hair means. It was framed like it was supposed to be some sort of character-develop-ey thing, but I’m still not sure what it means.
- Doranbolt’s actually here, pushing around Makarov’s wheelchair.
- No, seriously, how the fuck are Zeref and Mavis here? And why would they be here? Even if they magically reincarnated and don’t know each other again, wouldn’t someone recognize Zeref as, you know, the person who started the war? A war criminal and tyrannical emperor? Arrest him, damn you!
- Naturally, nobody questions it. They’re used to people coming back from the dead by now.
- Levy is still ignoring the fuck out of her two “friends”. What else is new?
YOU FUCKING DID IT, MASHIMA. YOU DID THE ONE THNG I BEGGED YOU NOT TO ABOVE ALL OTHERS. YOU HAD ERIK FUCK THE SNAKE FRIEND. I’M COMING OVER TO JAPAN RIGHT NOW TO SHOVE AN IRON PEG UP YOUR ASS FOR THAT, YOU TRASHY PIECE OF SHIT.
- At least Alzack and Bisca are happy.
- I know I am mentioning @ac-fairytail a lot lately, but if I’m not wrong, they’re on the money again. Didn’t you predict this would be one of the “lmao things never change” panels?
- A bunch of flashback panels as Lucy reflects on her time spent with Natsu. Shame I can’t really enjoy them.
- I’m actually really touched by Lucy thanking Natsu for being a part of her life. That is how you write two people being close together, Mashima. Not with titties.
- Of all the shippers to troll, Mashima trolled the Nalu ones. Can’t we trade out Nalu for Gruvia? Is it too late for that? Or maybe trade them all for Kinabra? You could canonize all four big 4 with kids and I would take it happily just to get that Kinabra out of my face.
- My appreciation of the moment is ruined by the fact that Natsu literally goes through Lucy’s panties when she’s asleep. Fuck you, Natsu.
- Natsu and the group are going on a 100-year quest. I assume what’s going to take 100 years about it is rebuilding all of the destruction they’ve wrought over the course of the manga. Also seems like the only way they’d actually get a 100-year job.
I DON’T KNOW, MASHIMA? DO THEY? YOU SEEMED MUCH TOO CONCERNED WITH SHOVING DRAGONS UP MY ASS TO EVEN BRING UP THE NOTION OF FAIRIES MORE THAN A COUPLE TIMES. THE MOST IMPORTANCE THEY’VE EVER GOTTEN IS BEING SOMETHING MAVIS LOOKS FOR AND BEING SOMETHING EVERGREEN LIKES. PRETTY SURE THIS MANGA’S NAME IS ‘FAIRY TAIL’ NOT BECAUSE IT’S AN ETERNAL ADVENTURE (IT WAS AN ETERNAL NIGHTMARE), BUT BECAUSE IT WAS A PUN. YOU THINK YOU’RE CLEVER, AND YOU’RE NOT.
I’m glad you can thank the fans that stuck with you for 11 years, Mashima, and I know I should shut up, since you’re not talking to me–I was only with it for two and a half years. But since you’re starting a new work, I’ll remind you that the people who stuck with Fairy Tail to the end only did so out of A) a masochistic, miserable desire to finish something they started or B) to see you finally canonize their ships, and frankly neither party ended up all that pleased.
Welp……that’s it. That’s the end of Fairy Tail….It’s a weird feeling, actually seeing the final page of a manga. I don’t think I’ve done that since Hellsing, and I hated Hellsing and especially its ending, so I don’t remember feeling anything but relief that it was over. Hellsing was a lot shorter than Fairy Tail though–about five times shorter–and took about three days for me to fully read, so I didn’t get this weird feeling that something that was a part of my life is now over.
At least it’s done.