I will never lie down when the President of this great
country comes to shake my hand! There may be plenty of issues in this
country but I will always respect my country, my president and my flag. Shot in the leg or not, I will stand to show my President the respect he deserves!
CNN is real fucking annoying with their praises for Donald Trump because he “has become really Presidential today,” just because he gave a normal speech about the Las Vegas shooting. Wow he squinted his way through his teleprompter reading and didn’t threaten or insult someone for 5 minutes, what a hero. 🙄
3. He talks about what they are doing. He explains that he has been briefed. He delivers the information they have on the terrorist.
4. He explains that he talked to the mayor.
5. THEN he talks about how the police and first responders helped to save lives.
6. He addresses the targeted victims specifically, and points out WHAT the shooter was after–reminding people of what was lost.
7. “An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us.”
8. He describes the weapons.
9. He lets people know HOW PROBLEMATIC THE WEAPONS ARE.
10. We’re going to learn about the names and faces of the victims. He humanizes them, and asks us to pray for them.
11. He reminds us to focus on the victims and not the shooter.
12. “May God continue to watch over this country that we love.”
Donald Trump’s message today did less than half of these things. He used no specifics and no names. He did not describe the shooter or the weapons. He did not describe the victims or detail the events that occurred. It was all vague–and meaningless.