I (used to) believed that if you love blogging then you’d have time for it - no excuses, that’s why I never understood why people apologize for not updating their blog for a long period of time. Now I do and I’m sorry if I ever misjudged any of you. This has been the longest period of my inactivity yet. I now know what it feels like to be busy that there’s no time for anything else. It sucks but this is where I need to really have to manage and make time.
So here’s what you’ve missed during those period of moments that I was away from tumblr, I had a lot of firsts!
(1) I visited Interior Design & Manila, alone.
One perk of my office location is that I’m close to these kinds of conventions, exhbits and seminar (see#9). I used to go to these when I was in college. Though I don’t need this as much right now because I work in retail but I still need to fuel this side of my career. Best booth in my opinion is Boysen’s. They always are clever and creative in presenting themselves and make fun and interactive booths. They even gave us a free VR!
(2) I’ve tried the Angkas app, thrice!
Basically it’s like GRAB but you’re riding on the back of a motorcycle. This is something that some people wouldn’t agree on doing but I on the other hand didn’t hesistate and tried it. It’s the best at night when the wind is cold. And it’s convenient when you’re on the rush. I rode it once when the LRT broke down and I still got to work on time!
(3) I got my passport renewed, faster than I expected!
Perks of having a dad who works at DFA, joke! I had to process it like everyone else but I had the privilege of being in courtesy lane. I’m so impressed with the new design! They made it so aesthetic and very modern, if I must say, it’s very millenial. Kudos to the team who worked on it!
(4) First dinner out with officemates/friends at Dohtonbori.
It’s crazy how in a short span of time they made me felt like I belong even though I’m a newbie. It’s crazy how welcoming they are, I will be forever grateful for this new people in my life. That’s to say that least because it’s surprising to find people you can easily connect with and have the same interests and I have that with them too. I am looking forward to more crazy adventures with them! <3
(5) !!!! First overnight out of town trip at Fortune Island, Batangas with just the two of us, using our own money.
The highlight of my March! I have yet to post about this but let me tell you how invigorating this feels. We’ve been dying to go somewhere for so long. Imagine 8 years together and we actually haven’t been anywhere with just the two of us. When we were there, we felt really weird (in a good way) because we weren’t used to it. We did have an amazing time together, checking out the wonders of the island (beside the unfortunate garbage in the surroundings). This is our first and most definitely won’t be the last.
(6) First site visit!
Good thing about my work is that not all of the time I am at the office. I get to check sites of where new Watsons store will open soon. First one is at Matalino St. Phil Heart Center and then after that my officemate and I (the one in the photo) ate at Iscreamist Maginhawa.
(7) My officemates like to take photos as much I do haha! This was taken at the parking lot during our breaks.
At the office, I am sort of a half and half. Because most times I spent my day with these wonderful girls who are as crazy as me. But often times I spend time and get along great with the boys. In my line of work I work closely with engineers and architect so that’s unavoidable to work with the opposite gender. But I’m really happy that they made me feel part of their group even if I’m this small little girl who looks like I’m incapable of anything (and I have to prove to them that I’m not!). They trust me and even wants me to do more. It feels like I’ve known them for years.
(8) My mom’s back in the PH for her annual once a year visit!
If you’re still here reading this, well I’m more than happy to announce that our family has grown from 5 to 6! This year our focus in not on going somewhere like our usual but to spend time with each other as we welcome a new member of our family. “Family is Forever.”
(9) I got to watch COLDPLAY!!!! for free!!!!
I am not the biggest fan of coldplay, I do know a lot of their (old) songs and it would be an honor to hear them live. The moment they announced the venue was in the parking lot - I jumped for joy. Please do not misunderstand that I’m taking advantage but I can’t shell out a lot of money for 1 day. I commend people who do, especially if it’s to hear and see their favorite band live. During my job interview two months ago, my eyes twinkled to see that we have a front view of the concert grounds from the 9th floor and from that day I made it a point to watch it regardless of the time or the people I’m with. And boy was it one of the magical nights. I stayed from beginning to end and my smile was from ear to ear as I hear them sing live the songs I was only used to hearing on my earphones. I will never forget this night!
Happy Easter everybody! I hope you had a wonderful month this April and wishing you a fun-filled summer vacation!
I would seriously so love if people messaged me their D. Gray-man headcanons! I don’t really have anyone to cry with talk headcanons and theory with. Or if you don’t have any headcanons, here’s some of mine!*
(*You will note that nearly all of them are about Kanda, because he’s my crabapple son, and I think about him every hour of every day.)
1. Lenalee taught Kanda how to tie his shoelaces when they were younger. She used the bunny-ears-going-around-the-tree metaphor, because that was how Komui taught her. Every time Kanda ties his shoes, he thinks of rabbits.
2. Lavi at one point convinced Kanda that Santa was real. He was extremely gullible for a good while until he started getting the hang of society. Every year at Christmas, Lavi still leaves a gift by Kanda’s door that he labels as ‘to: Yuu, from: Santa Claus’. Usually, the gift is some kind of hair product.
3. Edgar is the one who taught Alma how to read, and he used to tell Alma stories before bedtime. In fact, one of his dying thoughts was of a storybook he had bought as a gift for Alma. Edgar had wanted to give Alma a proper book of fairy-tales to read, since the books in the lab were all nonfiction and various manuals. He never had the chance to give Alma the book.
4. Toma is alive and doing quite splendidly, thanks for asking. He believes that Allen is innocent of the charges the Order has accused him of. He thinks that anyone–especially an exorcist–who is willing to go to the lengths that Allen did to protect a mere Finder cannot possibly be a bad person.
5. Kanda dreams about his past life pretty regularly. He often dreams about perfectly innocuous memories, but occasionally, he’ll dream about his past death. Ever since the impromptu trip down memory lane courtesy of Wisely, he’s dreamed of nothing else, and is beginning to suffer from insomnia.
6. When Kanda has the death nightmare, whenever possible, he goes to Marie. Marie is very much used to Kanda waking him up in the middle of the night, because ever since Kanda was little, he would go to Marie when he had nightmares about his past.
7. Kanda sleeps on his side. After the attempt to ‘dispose’ of him back in the lab, he absolutely cannot naturally fall asleep flat on his back, because it makes him feel vulnerable, like he’s back on the altar/table. Being in the infirmary freaks him out for the same reason.
8. Despite insisting to everyone that he’s going to kill Allen if the 14th takes over, Kanda is beginning to doubt that he has the will to do the deed. He wants to believe that Allen can be saved.
A team of engineers in Singapore has been working for years on a computer that uses DNA instead of silicon to process calculations. They recently reported success in advancing the technology, by unveiling a programmable DNA-based optimal route planning processor that behaves like those in traditional GPS navigation systems.
The system can tackle two different computing tasks at the same time, calculating the shortest route between two different starting points and two destinations on a map consisting of six paths. It does this by using information stored beforehand in the DNA.
Budget clothes can still be chic! Most of you don’t need me to tell you that. I am a self-proclaimed High-Low Girl til the end! I literally shop around – from the most ratchet strip mall to Bergdorf’s. It’s all about mixing it up and being creative. Instead of only shopping stores with fast-fashion quality you can also shop for brands with better quality so you can mix them together.
The Low I’m so in love with this Forever 21 Moto Jacket (similar below)! The $20 price tag made me love it even more. I paired the jacket with this ultra-versatile Forever 21 Stripe Dress that was a whopping $17 (actual below). Both pieces can be worn a thousand different ways.
The High I paired my low-end Forever 21 pieces with a classic pair Ray-Ban Wayfarer Shades (actual below). Instantly adding a dash of bad to any outfit. They retail for around $150 and are a great item to splurge on. My mixed Leopard Clutch is 10 Crosby by Derek Lam (similar below). Retailed for $400 but snagged at TJ Maxx for under $200. My new go-to Booties are from Lane Bryant’s new genuine leather line – in stores now for $169 (actual below).
Booties courtesy of Lane Bryant. All opinions are my own.