LGBTQ DEITY MASTERPOST
Loki is the master of the non-binary.
• This may be just be my UPG (Unverified Personal Gnosis) but Loki is preeeeeetty genderfluid. That, or he doesn’t give a shit and laughs at gender norms. And sex norms, for that matter. He’s also sexfluid. He’s a mother and a father. He’s chaos. He does not let any boundary define or hold him. He can be destructive, but the chaos can be creative, too. After all, Mjollnir only exists through his antics! He doesn’t even conform to the gender norms in his name- He takes his last name from his MOTHER, Laufey. Not his Father, Farbauti.
Chinese Mythology is rife with LGBTQ and Non-Binaries
• Fun fact: Chinese mythology is rich in homosexuality. Same-sex love was believed to have originated in the south, so homosexuality was sometimes called “the southern wind”. Lots of spirits and deities were associated with homosexuality, bisexuality and transgenderism. These include Shou Wang, Shan Gu, Gun, and Yu the Great.
Chinese mythology is also rich in gay animal spirits and faries. Most of them like young men or boys, but there is one exception. Dragons like their men to be older.
Mizi Xia and the Duke Ling of Wei were gay, as were Lord Long Yang and an unnamed king of Wei.
• The son of Aphrodite and Hermes. He was born as a very handsome boy and then transformed into an androgynous being. He has a female figure and male genitals.
• The androgynous form of the Hindu god Shiva and his consort Pavarti. They are half male and half female, split right down the middle. The right is male and the left is female.
• Egyptian God of the Nile, he has breasts and a belly resembling a pregnant woman’s.
• In Japanese, they are called Kannon. In Korean, they’re called Gwan-Eum. They have both male and female forms. They may be also considered agender.
• Egyptian Deification of the primal waters, can be depicted as male or female. Nunet is her female name and Nun is his male name.
• Egyptian deification of fate. Shai is depicted as both male and female at different occasions.
• He appears as androgynous, god of love. His blood is female, and his masculinity is a form of fire and light. He has charm over all creatures and gender.
• The androgynous creator god of Polynesia.
• One of the Eight Immortals in Chinese mythology, their age and sex are unknown. They wear sexually ambiguous clothing, but are sometimes shown as weither a young boy or a young girl holding a bamboo basket. They are the patron of minstrels, and in another story their song is prophecy. They also wear only one shoe. Like ALL other Chinese immortals, they have an eternal drunken stupor and left the world on the back of a swan or a crane one day after they were in a tavern and said they had to go to the bathroom. Before leaving, they stripped naked, of course.
• Another Egyptian creator god, he created himself. He created himself out of Nun, or the waters of chaos, and brought the gods and cosmos into being.
• Aztec god of duality, creator of Cemanahuatl. Her female aspect is called Omecihuatl.
Greek Gods. Lots and lots of Greek Gods. Some of them also have relations with females, but here’s a list of homosexual acts the Greek Gods do.
• Achilles and Patroclus
Achilles and Troilus
Agamemnon and Argynnus
Agathaidas and Phalanthus
Ameinias and Narcissus
Apollo and Hyacinth
Apollo and Hymenaios
Chrysippus and Laius
Daphnis and Pan
Dionysus and Ampelus
Dionysus and Prosymnus
Euryalus and Nisus
Heracles and Abderus
Heracles and Hylas
Heracles and Iolaus
Hermes and Krokus
Ianthe and Iphis
Poseidon and Pelops
Polyeidos and Glaucus
Orpheus and the Thracians
Orpheus and Kalais
Apollo/Silvanus and Cyparissus
Zeus (Artemis) and Callisto
Zeus and Ganymede
• Fun fact, the Greek Goddess of love, beauty, pleasure and procreation is also the Goddess of lesbians.
• Although Frey himself isn’t gay, this Norse God of Fertility was worshipped by a cult of homosexuals and effeminate priests. I think that’s awesome enough for a place on this list.
• Aztec God of games, beauty, dance, flowers, song, and homosexuals.
• Homosexuality is said to be brought to humans by two of Amaterasu’s servants named Sinu No Hafuri and Ama No Hafuri.
It is said when Shinu died, Ama committed suicide, and they were buried together.
Tu Er Shen
• “Rabbit Deity” in Chinese. He is the protector of gay lovers. He was originally a man named Wu Tien Bao who fell in love with an imperial official. When he declared his love, the official beat him to death. Because his crime was love, the Chinese Underworld officials righted this injustice by making him GOD AND PROTECTOR OF ALL GAYS.
Cuchilainn and Ferdiah
• These two foster brothers/best friends/lovers were forced to fight one another. Ferdiah says they shared their bed, and after the first day of conflict, they were found kissing. Also on the third day, Cuchilainn pierced Ferdiah in the anus with a spear since his horny skin can’t be pierced. Literally, unfortunately, that wasn’t a euphemism. He died.
• Ah, Zeus. King of the Greek Gods that can’t keep it in his pants swings all ways. He had sex with women, women as animals, heroic men and gorgeous young boys. Good ol’ Zeus. Ten for you, Zeus.
GODS BREAKING GENDER NORMS:
• Odin, the Allfather and King of all Nordic Gods took part in magic known as Seidr. Both genders could practice the Seidr, but it was mostly a female art. It was a social taboo and seen as a woman’s job. It also may have been a form of sex magic, with imitation penises involved.