I feel sort of weird asking this and you totally don't have to but I had a really shitty day, do you have any happy jayroy headcanons?
oh bb i gotchu! Im on my phone so sorry i took so long to reply, formating is terrible. Some Soft cute jayroy headcanons because of reasons:
- Jason, no matter what, always takes the surname “Harper” or variations of it when he’s undercover. As a matter of fact, his most used alias is Peter Harper. Roy pretends to be nonchalant about it but every time he hears some stranger call Jason “Mr. Harper” he dies a little bit inside.
- Jason doesn’t want to let anyone know this, but he’s a stress cooker. Like sometimes Roy would wake up to find all kind of extravagant breakfast meals on the kitchen table. “Dick just called in to tell me hes taking the lead on the case I was working on” he would say as explanation, angrily flipping a pancake. Roy would nod, “so are we going to kick his ass after breakfast or at night?”
- So we know Jason is a book person, right? Well, Roy is really, really into music. And you know what else? Into serenading Jason with the sappiest, cheesiest songs he can find. Jason pretends he hates it because “Oh my god you’re so lame Harper” but he loves when Roy suddenly sits up and proclaims “today your song is-” and proceeds to tell him some romantic sappy song.
- When one of them is having a bad day, they binge watch silly shows together in their pjs, and eat junk food on the sofa.
- Now, they have a similar taste on tv shows (Its always sunny in Philadelphia, the office, the x files) but when it comes to movies genres they’re a mess.
- Jason likes movies with historical themes, hell, he would deny it but he usually really likes romantic dramas too (i mean, his favorite movie is Pride & Prejudice), while Roy is more of a thriller/horror movies guy. So when they have to pick a movie for the night… chaos ensues.
- “I’m not watching Scream again, Roy” “well I ain’t watching you swoon over Mr Darcy-” “shut the fuck up, i dont swoon-” “ohhh Mr Darcy, with your bright eyes and awkward posture,” “I DONT SOUND LIKE THAT SHUT YOUR MOUTH”
- They always wear matching costumes for Halloween parties, but it’s usually by accident. At first it was like “ha! What a coincidence I dressed up as Hawkeye and you decided to go as Black Widow because you own half of the clothes anyway. A match made on heaven, uh?”, but then it evolves to “lets see if we match again this year, don’t tell me your costume, hush” and then high five when they indeed match again.
- Roy is still trying to convince Jason to buy a chicken. “C'mon! [Points to screen where Joey and Chandler are yelling at their chicken] that could be us but you playin’!” “Roy, if we get the chicken, I’m kicking you out. It’s the chicken or you, pick”
- When they’re apart they send each other snaps or trashcans and the like, with the captions “this reminded me of you” “didn’t know you were back!” Because its their way to show the other how much they miss them and think about them without sounding too cheesy (which Roy doesn’t really mind, but doesn’t want to pressure Jason into it)
- They love sharing their interests with each other. Roy would curl around Jason and hear him read his favorites books out loud, or rants he starts after reading a new book, and Jason would sit down by Roy when he’s doing something, and hear about the step by step of creating it, or how it works.
- They never really talk talk about the future, but they always slip things like “what if we played the rains of castamere at our wedding oh my god” “what the fuck, we’re playing the imperial March you ass” “shit you right, sorry babe” / “full offence but we aren’t calling our kid after Mr. Darcy” “I never said I wanted to either, you ass” “cool. Because listen-” “if you say you want to name them Indiana, I’m shoot in you in the face” “… okay but what about Han or Harrison….”
- Petnames !!! Roy uses them all the time and Jason is just so embarrased but he really likes how special they make him feel tbh. Roy usually goes with the cheesy ones to annoy him in front of people (baby, darling, sweetheart, buttercup, baby boo, my moon and stars, babe, muffin, sunshine, honey, sweety) while Jason uses really basic ones like Royboy & Roytoy, and sometimes…. he slips some Hispanic petnames okay. Tesoro, mi amor…. oh boi.
- Roy makes Jason playlists all the time…. oh my god that’s so sappy I hate him
- Not really soft but… Roy was the one to teach Jason all about memes (as a matter of fact, Jason used to pronounce it ‘mee-mee’ and sometimes still does just out of spite), and he’s really proud to see how Jason sends rare pepes to Bruce all the time
- They go to Gotham’s pride every year, and it’s always a lot of fun! Especially when they hang out with the other batkids.