My Halloween costume for this year. Completely made from items I already had and probably the most fun I’ve had sewing a costume in a long time!
Original sketch, an 18th century inspired look.
I decided against having the sleeves because i liked the velvet bodice as it was, much more versatile. The Polonaise didn’t work out as well as i’d hoped either, a little bit too short so i just wore it down and i didn’t tatter the tulle skirt at the bottom. I also added in a stomacher and left the bodice completely untrimmed for the same reason as above. The hat grew in size because i used a straw hat as a base and didn’t make a wire frame from scratch like i was going to. But, I think i like the end result better so meh.