weeeeeeeeell this was an experience. Don’t know exactly what to think but definitely way WAY better than the mini-series with Depardieu and his terrible creepy Valjean.
Awesome really good things:
- Courfeyrac/Marius (HE KISSES HIS FACE)
- did I mention Courfeyrac
- Also Combeferre!
- Ladiies at the barricades!!
- Les amis being portrayed at such a tight group of friends
- Eponine being so protective of Azelma!
- Parallels between the beginning of the mini-series and the end of it.
Things that I found weird/liked frankly less:
- WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MARIUS/COSETTE my sweet precious darlings
- What’s up with all the freezing pictures while a background voice reads letters out loud.
- WHAT’S UP WITH ALL THE SLOW-MOTIONS
- what’s up with the fog and rain and darkness all the time
- what’s up with the people serving dinner ridiculously during important situations like????? is that supposed to show how ridiculous wealthy people are???????
- LES AMIS ARE NINE. NINE.
- the Thénardiers being in love and gross and made to look sympathetic.
- Seriously the slow-motions were too much