If you don’t know how to create a secure, memorable password, here’s a quick primer in making one extremely difficult to brute-force hack:
- Pick a sentence that is easy for you to remember. For this example, I’ll be using, “The quick brown fox jumped over a lazy dog.”
- Take letters from each of the words in the sentence in a way that makes sense to you, e.g.: tqbrfjotld
- Substitute numbers in for letters, a la “leet speak”: 7qbrfj0t1d
- Capitalize at least one letter: 7Qbrfj0t1d
- Add a special character: 7Qbrfj0t1d!
Congrats, you now have a secure password that is basically impossible for a scriptkiddie to crack!