I’m having a sketch day, so I won’t really have any new images worth uploading for a couple days. Instead, I wanted to share the older piece of mine that is my biggest inspiration for my current body of work that I am creating for Antler Gallery:
“Coragyps atratus”, 2015, Ball point pen, Ink pencils, Acrylic ink, Marker, Colored pencil, Graphite, and Gel pen on Hot-Pressed Watercolor Paper, 18 ¼ x 24in. sold.
This piece was my favorite from my first solo show. It was at the amazing, but sadly no longer around, Roq La Rue Gallery.
1 ) “One is never over-dressed or under-dressed with a Little Black Dress.” —Karl Lagerfeld
2) “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory.” —Coco Chanel
3) “I firmly believe that with the right footwear one can rule the world.” —Bette Midler
4) “I loathe narcissism, but I approve of vanity.” —Diana Vreeland
5) “A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” —Sophia Loren
6) “I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet.” —Carrie Bradshaw
7) “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” —Kate Moss
8) “I can’t concentrate in flats!” —Victoria Beckham
9) “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.” —Coco Chanel
10) “Walk like you have three men walking behind you.” —Oscar de la Renta
11) “You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it.” —Edith Head
12) “Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.” —Bill Cunningham
13) “When in doubt, wear red.” —Bill Blass
14) “I don’t design clothes. I design dreams.” —Ralph Lauren
15) “Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them.” —Marc Jacobs
16) “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” —Yves Saint Laurent
17) “Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing.” —Alexander Wang
18) “How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high heels?” —Sonia Rykiel
19) “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” —Gianni Versace
20) “In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous.” —Elsa Schiaparelli
21) “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.” —Christian Dior
22) “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” —Lauren Hutton
23) “The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.” —Hubert de Givenchy
24) “I know what women want. They want to be beautiful.” —Valentino Garavani
25) “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” —Coco Chanel
26) “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” —Harry Winston
27) “Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.” ―Karl Lagerfeld
28) “And now, I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.” —Lady Gaga
29) “My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.” —Audrey Hepburn
30) “A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika. We all need a splash of bad taste—it’s hearty, it’s healthy, it’s physical. I think we could use more of it. No taste is what I’m against.” —Diana Vreeland
31) “Elegance is elimination.” —Cristóbal Balenciaga
32) “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” —Rachel Zoe
33) “Men tell me that I’ve saved their marriages. It costs them a fortune in shoes, but it’s cheaper than a divorce. So I’m still useful, you see” —Manolo Blahnik
34) “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” —Miuccia Prada
35) “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” —Coco Chanel
36) “Attitude is everything.” —Diane von Furstenberg
37) “We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.” —Yves Saint Laurent
38) “Playing dress-up begins at age five and never truly ends.” —Kate Spade
39) “Elegance is not standing out, but being remembered.” —Giorgio Armani
40) “Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman and loose enough to show you’re a lady.” —Edith Head
41) “The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette.” —Giambattista Valli
43) “We have this saying, Christy and I. We don’t wake up for less than $10,000 a day.” —Linda Evangelista
44) “My look is a cocktail. I’m not as nicely turned out as the french, but I don’t care like the English.” —Jane Birkin
45) “More is more and less is a bore.” —Iris Apfel
46) “Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music.” —Michael Kors
47) “I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity—all I hope for in my clothes. —Yves Saint Laurent
48) "Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” —Bo Derek
49) “Big girls need big diamonds.” —Elizabeth Taylor
50) “Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.” —Karl Lagerfeld
Everytime I listen to what @linmanuel has written - be it In The Heights, Hamilton or Moana - I just get so struck by his words.
The way me makes you feel emotion, happiness and makes you love a character, versus when he can make your heart break.
The way he writes, the way he wrote, he inspires me.
And I get so happy because he’s being recognized and I’m so proud of that, and I listen to his words, I read his tweets and he makes me so happy.
He’s helped me through so much, but he’ll never know.
This man, who I look up to because I, too, enjoy writing, the man I strive to even be similar to, he’s getting the love he deserves.
But I wish I could meet him. I wish I could hug him and let him know what he means to me, what he means to the family I’ve gotten online because of him.
I want to thank him for putting hope into a young teenage girl like me - for making others feel accepted.
This is to you, @linmanuel , you’ve done so much for me, and others.
And it’s not just him, seeing Anthony and Jasmine together warms my heart.
Seeing Daveed be his dorky self, seeing him run around in his adorable onsie always makes me laugh and smile.
Oak’s big form yet he’s such a softy and cutie never fails to make me swoon.
Chris’ fatherly ways - and him on Seasame Street talking about his kid with autism made me melt, seeing the tenderness in his face.
Jasmine, Renee and Phillipa adding “And Sisterhood!” during the superbowl actually made me tear up, made me feel so giddy and happy, my grin was so big my ears hurt.
These people have made me learn who I am, made me feel more comfortable in being myself. I want to thank them, I really do. They’ve done so much for us - they deserve the love they get and so much more.
I take my hat off, and thank them.
And let it be known it’s not just the OBC that I love, Miguel is adorable and from the clips I’ve seen he’s so talented. I love Javier and I love seeing his tweets and seeing his adorable self. Michael is hands down just amazing.
I just absolutely adore Joshua without so much of a good reason but? Have you seen his smile? And I’m so hype for Giles.
Ari is so pretty and so talented, and she’s so adorable she makes me so happy. Solea is just so pretty and from the pics I’ve seen she’s so into her role and so talented. And Rachelle? Words can’t explain my excitement.
I just, love Karen more than words can explain. Emmy is just, my love, my life, my soul, my everything. Rachel got me just, so, so, so happy.
How can you not love Chris? I mean, seriously. And Jordan? His voice is like relaxing rain on a cool summer night. Now I don’t know much about Jason but that doesn’t make me any less happy seeing him.
Jonathan, seeing videos of him behind stage, seeing everyone’s interaction and rehearsal always inspires me, always fills me with happiness. And honestly, Isaiah looks so intimidating, but I love him so much.
José is so adorable, I love his curls and him in general.
I love, love, love Samantha, and on my gosh Amber is just, my heart cannot explain.
The cast, original or not, never fails to make me smile. Never fails to make me happy, to lift my spirits. Their snaps, their posts on instagram or twitter, they do so much to help me.
I’m still in my planning phase for future work, so I’ve been looking back at older work a lot lately. This is yet another piece I wish to draw more from.
“Phalacrocorax auritus”, 2015, Ball point pen, Ink pencils, Acrylic ink, Marker, Colored pencil, Graphite, and Gel pen on Hot-Pressed Watercolor Paper, 18 ¼ x 24in, framed: 22 ¼ in x 28 in. sold.
I have been more active on my instagram than anything else lately, so if you are interested in seeing more frequent posts, or posts dealing with my process, please follow me on there! @laurenmarxart all lower case. <3
WTF Is Going On In This Fandom: Camren, Epic, Jauregui Family, Social Media Rant/Theory
If you peeped the reblog I just posted from @backstage-meg this won’t seem like it’s coming out of left field. I doubt they (5H, Mila, their families and friends etc) are at liberty to truly discuss what has gone on behind the scenes so we are left with inuendo and scarce clues to try and piece together some semblance of an explanation for what has gone on over the last few months/year…I’ve learned not to trust anything that is being blatantly thrown in our faces. Hence Laucy, 5H drama between the girls, the families shading each other on sm, all this epic/syco label BS. None of them are saying or doing what hasn’t been scripted for them to say or do. Now of course I don’t mean literally scripted but more like dictated instead. I do believe all the girls have private AND public sm ACCTS…except for their twitters because there is really no point. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they have secondary Instagram accounts📱💻. And we already know they all have private snapchats. We are focused on the wrong things. Mike liking and unliking a tweet, Lauren following and unfollowing Mila, Candece Campbell’s radom tweet about Instagram messing up her followers at the same time Lauren was having her “follow debacle” happen, was like a whistle blow to pay attention to the details. Laucy was brought out and shoved down our throats while Camren has been denied and destroyed by mgmt, the label and even the girls themselves. Dinah’s last message to Mila “no matter what they say. No matter what you do…” 👀🐸🍵Come on Dinah was warning us just days before that shit was about to hit the fan and that we should know better than to just believe what we hear and see in the media. It’s all sensationalized. Mila saying she hasn’t seen or interacted with the girls since leaving (even though they all admitted to lying during interviews) was hard for me to believe, even with the current narrative💅. You don’t just sever nearly 5 years of a bond. No matter how tight things got in the end. It was always designed for mila to be the break out star💃 (or at least the first one) hell Demi called it years ago while they were still on x-factor. Now I know people and situations can change. Egos can grow and resentment can start to fester. But I also know enough to know that egos don’t destroy groups bad business practices do. All artists have major egos although some have learned to tame the beast. Your ego doesn’t make you a bad person your actions do. And honestly if the original members of Destiny’s Child can get over being robbed financially💲💰💵 and rekindling their relationship with Beyonce and Michelle and New Edition can welcome Bobby Brown’s crazy ass back in the fold and the Spice Girls can get over themselves to deliver a crazy performance at the 2012 Olympics then hell anything is possible.😮🙌 And I doubt Mila missing meetings would be the final straw to break the camel’s back. She received her gold plaque the same night she left/was kicked out of the group. And we all know there is no such thing as a coincidence when Camren is involved. I know this is long winded. But I had to speak my peace as I watch this fandom panic yet again over this staged bullshit. You’d think by now we could smell it before we see it…😂😂 I said all that to say, trust and believe all contingency plans have been put in place and if you hear the girls saying something especially in a well known publication or media platform📺🎤💻📰 understand those words passed through a dozen mouths before it left theirs. And anyone affiliated with them can’t take a shit around the girls without getting permission to use the toilet and signing their name on the tissue paper. And those who can’t be controlled will be removed. Probably why the laucy interactions have dialed down. Oh and don’t forget it was just in December that Lucy liked Camila’s tweet about the BT video and “bringing the characters to life” and then a couple days later she randomly unfollowed her ….really😒? And the Jauregui siblings pretty much unfollowed around the time she left too…smh. In the right light🔦 it looks like the story makes sense and is on the up and up. But start pulling at the loose strands and details of this narrative and you’ll see how quickly all this shit unravels. And on that note I’m done! This was just a flow of thoughts …So it may make sense. It may make me look crazy, but I’m willing to risk the credibility of my sanity for the sake of voicing my opinion and getting these thoughts down on paper. 📝Speaking figuratively of course. Love you Munchkins.😘
a/n : the wifi on this bus only apparently works where there’s cell reception idfk wtf and this is that cute idea I thought of… maybe it’s not so cute??? PLSE tell me what u guys think I need to improve my writing !!!
a/n : the previous a/n was the original one, but I’m adding this in here. this may be an ongoing series!!! sorry for the shitty writing in advance GIMME FEEDBACK,,
1 ,, 2 ,, next chatpter in the works
your eyes were dropping. it was about four in the morning, and the tour bus was picking people up. you pressed play on some music and put to full volume. your friend next to you, tanushka, drifted off a few minutes before you. you felt yourself fade into sleep, letting your mind rest.
lin couldn’t believe it. he’d been in queens town for about six days and not a single person recognized him. no matter how peaceful it was, it was also disheartening. he didn’t let it get him down, he signed himself up for an 8 hour bus ride to Millford Sound. he walked onto the bus using the incredibly steep stairs, then heard a familiar beat. he couldn’t place it, but he saw the source of the noise- you. he walked towards your seat and that’s when tanushka noticed him.
she let out a loud gasp, grabbing your phone and opening it to the home screen, a picture of Lin on it. “you’re the guy! with the music play thing! LIT manny or something!” She exclaims in a shout-whisper. he laughs at lit-manny.
“I’m Lin-Manuel Miranda, if that’s what you mean.”
“yeah! That guy! Holy shit y/n FUCKING loves you!” she points at you.
“so you don’t mind if i… sit here?” he asks, wanting to surprise you.
“oh! oh! oh sure!” she gets up, letting him slide in. for the first he examines you. your hands were inside your star labs hoodie, and half of your face as well. he got to notice your hair and your eyes. from the corner of his eyes, in the seat pocket, he spotted glasses. you were cute enough in your own way. now that he was closer to you, he could hear all the music. it seemed your music range varied greatly. one second it was Hamilton, then it was Metallica, then it was twenty one pilots. it was quite amusing. then the bus driver spoke into the speakers, his voice startling you.
“o- what the SHIT? ugh tanushka you never wake me u-” you turned and Lin was smirking. you rubbed your eyes and blinked, fumbling for your glasses.
“what the heckle?” you muttered, letting your eyes clear to reveal Lin, laughing.
“well hello there I’m Lin-”
“Manuel Miranda” you finished, in awe, “no freaking way.”
“well yes freaking way. I kinda just, heard your music, and asked your friend, tanushka I believe?, if I could sit here.” at her cue, she popped up from behind you. “that’s me!”
“anyways, so hey! I guess you have some great music taste!” Lin chuckles. “so what’s you’re name?”
“uh- y/n” you stutter out. then with more confidence, “y/n l/n”.
“well, y/n, what a lovely name might I mention, may I ask you what you’re favorite Hamilton song?” he says, making you laugh.
“I have so many really- uh I guess I really like Washington on your side- ooh! or maybe the Reynolds Pamphlet! Definitely guns and ships! oh! also! RIGHT hand man? and the Schuyler sisters? they’re all so good and so brilliantly put together and the music and t-” his laugh interrupted you.
“I think I’d know how good it is, I spent way too much of my life writing them”
“modest MUCH?” you laugh, then realize how rude you came off. “I’m so sorry I didn’t meant to-”
“it’s fine! don’t be sorry!” he noticed your fidgeting. “nervous?”
“this is… a lot to take in” you breathed out.
“well take your time then.” he jokes, “the dad bod is my best attribute, I believe.” you laugh, and grab your phone.
“is it ok if I take a picture with you?” you ask awkwardly. he nods, and you open up camera. he spots your homescreen and points at it.
“well duh” you grin, holding up the camera so you could take a photo. you guys ended up taking maybe fifty because you both couldn’t keep a straight face.
“you don’t mind if I… sit here for the rest of the ride?” he asked, quite nervously. Lin has a crush. yes, it was a school girlish crush, but you had such a bright attractive personality… he couldn’t help it. was that even legal? liking a fan? it seemed like a distant thought, a foreign idea only sought after in fanfiction.
“oh my god of course!” you were practically screaming, a grin so wide that Lin couldn’t help but smile.
“so… let’s get to know each other I guess?” Lin said, then tried to think of a question. “oh! what’s your twitter handle?” he asks and you tell him. a pan formularles in his head on how to get your number.
“can you send me the photos?” Lin asks, reaching for your phone “here I’ll-”
“I’ll just dm it on Twitter!” you smile and type in his handle, sending him the photos. there goes that.
“you don’t mind sending me all the pictures? Maybe it would be faster over text?” he tried again.
“oh it’s fine, you don’t want a fan like me with your number.” you say, not getting the hint.
“don’t worry about it! there, it should have delivere-”
“goddamit can I please have your number?” he finally blurts. your eyes widen as you look up at him.
“I-uhm” Lin didn’t know how to fix this. he scratches the back of his head, looking towards his feet
“I’d love to give you my number.” You grin, and send it to him over Twitter.
“uh thanks” he grins sheepishly, then posted a photo. your phone rang with the notification for both Lins post & that he tagged you.
“you have me on post notifs?” he laughs, running a hand through his hair. god, he was cute.
“that’s cute.” he says laughing at your blush.
met the most amazing dum dum ever… (your handle)
you blushed again and covered your laugh as you looked at him. “this is so sweet!” you exclaim, and it was his turn to blush as he nervously looked towards the floor.
“and you followed me? what? that’s so cool! oh my gosh!” you gush, smile plastered across your cheeks.
“it’s no problem, really.” he says.
“thank you! well god, I’m tired so you don’t mind if I take a quick nap?” you ask, and he laughs. in the back of his head, he prayed the cliche gods were at work and you would fall asleep onto his shoulders.
The Pocket Knife (Thomas x Madison x Burr x Reader)
Request: Hi there! Could I please request a Poly Burrxmadisonxjeffersonxreader involving anything with a pocket knife?
A/N: sorry i took so long, like usual. been feeling unmotivated lately. but here you go! <3
You looked at the pocket knife in Burr’s hand, eyeing him suspiciously. He winked at you, twirling it around with his fingers. You were leaning on Madison’s arm, you head resting on his shoulder. He played with your fingers, not paying any mind to you and Burr.
“Why the hell are you spinning that pocket knife around? You’re going to poke your eye out,” Thomas said, moving away from his boyfriend. Burr looked up at Thomas, grinning.