So, the last couple years y'all may have noticed a movement taking hold on both conservative and radical exclusionist gay circles called “Drop the T.” This movement, started possits that the LGBTQ movement is only the Gay movement and everything else is “appropriation” of Gay History.
This is, of course, total horse shit for a large number of reasons, so I’m going to go in point by point deconstructing this shit:
1) These people say, “It was gay people, not BTQ, that were targeted.” This is false even on it’s face. Even if you want to say trans people weren’t there because Stonewall happened in a time when the term trans wasn’t in popular usage (more on that in point 4), there were sure as shit crossdressers there, and they were ALWAYS the first ones targeted and carted off. The night of Stonewall, Storm DeLaverie, who wasn’t trans, was “Crossdressing” and the first arrested, so we’re Marsha Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, who were trans. And guess what? Those three were the first to fight back. We owe this movement to them, and how dare you revise and erase our history for your ideology.
2) They point to Sodomy laws as proof it was gay people specifically targeted, while forgetting the existence of Crossdressing Laws, which were on the books LONGER THAN SODOMY LAWS. In New York, y'know where Stonewall happened, there were Anti Crossdressing Laws on the books until 2011 while they eliminated sodomy laws in the 1970’s! There was a federal ban on sodomy laws in 2003, Lawrence v Texas, but still none for Anti-Crossdressing laws.
3) “People were arrested because they were homosexual, not bi or trans.“ No, they just didn’t care if were apart of the L, G, B, or T, we were Queers that had to be Taken Care Of. Why do you think we banded together in the first place?
4) The Nazis’ first target for book burnings was Institut für Sexualwissenschaft, which was the first medical institute to perform Sex Reassignment Surgery in the 1930s and the works of Magnus Hirchfeld, who coined the term “Transsexual.” The reason “trans people didn’t exist” in the time of Stonewall is because it took us almost half a century for us to recover. You’ll notice quite a few of Stonewall Veterans who were “crossdressers” back in the day, ID’d as trans later in life when the language became available again. The Nazis were the first to try this, and they wiped us off the face of the Earth for decades.
5) Divide and Conquer. We are strong together, and weak apart. It is an attempt to weaken our movement now that it isn’t specifically focused on helping topass legislation benefit only cis gay people. We fought for your rights, and now you got yours so screw us? Fuck that. It’s ENDA, when Barney Frank and the HRC pushed to exclude trans people so they could have it for themselves, all over again.
6) It’s apart of a larger transphobic movement in which conservatives and radical exclusionists teamed up. Remember when the Reagan administration banned funding for trans healthcare? Yeah, they used writings of Janice Reymond as supporting evidence. These groups wrote to the fucking UN to have trans rights removed from International Human Rights laws. They team up for bathroom legislation, including sending cis men into women’s bathrooms to scare cis women into supporting bathroom legilsation. ENDA. What did we do that’s equivalent to that? Why do you despise us so much?
You have no basis for your movement, not histrocial, not political, not anything other than pure hatred. Go fuck yourselves. We’ll eliminate exclusionist before trans people.
KIC Viktor and Yuuri meeting TBE Viktor and Yuuri? XD if only there was a way for them to meet in that fic where all the Yuuris and Viktors met each other XDD
ohmygod. you heckin kNOW. yall heckin know i love fic crossovers. bih. alright i got @victorsporosya‘s blessing and some of these were contributed by her and this is only part one [clears throat] we bring you…
the couture experience (part one)
in which victor and yuuri agree to meet in the hotel bar because “let’s take a break and wind down a little before we meet with the luxottica reps tomorrow, shall we?” victor had suggested, much to yuuri’s disbelief. (victor? winding down a little?)
and in which victor and yuuri agree to meet in the hotel bar because… that’s what they do
aka kic vicyuu and tbe vicyuu have plans to meet, but instead encounter they’re other-universe partners
“Your hair is down,” is the first thing Victor tells Yuuri when he approaches him at the bar. He says it with wide eyes, studying him with what seems like intense fascination.
Yuuri flushes under his gaze. “It’s usually down,” he mumbles, tugging at his fringe. “Besides, you said we were here to relax, so I left everything back in the room.”
Victor shakes his head and wraps an arm around his waist. “No, miliy, it looks good,” he says happily, pulling him close. “I didn’t know you usually put it down like that. You should do it more often with me.”
Yuuri frowns in confusion, shifts in Victor’s grasp. “What are you… what’s miliy?” He sniffs. “Is that a new cologne?”
Victor beams at him, and Yuuri’s stomach flips. “Do you like it?” he asks, voice thick and eyes darkening. Yuuri’s eyebrows shoot to his hairline.
“Uh,” he stammers. “Yeah. It’s nice.”
Victor’s smile widens, impossibly, and Yuuri shivers as the fingers around his midsection dig into the skin. There’s something slightly off about Victor tonight, but he notices the empty glass on the bar and chalks it down to alcohol.
“Wow, when you said you wanted to take a break, you really meant it,” Yuuri comments later on in the night. He’s practically in Victor’s lap now, and if he weren’t so tipsy he’d be going out of his mind. He reaches out impulsively and touches Victor’s hair, and when the man leans into his touch—nope. Nope, yeah, Yuuri’s still capable of losing his mind right now. If his subconscious were capable of having physical properties, it’d have a terribly sore throat from the internal screaming. “You haven’t checked your e-mail once.”
“Hmm?” Victor doesn’t seem to have heard his question. “No, tell me more about what you did in college,” he mumbles into Yuuri’s neck. “And everything after.” He pauses. “And everything before.”
Yuuri giggles, chest warm. “You’ve already seen my resumé.”
He’s so, so warm. He grabs his glass, drink since finished but he sucks on the straw anyway, sips at the water melting off of the ice cubes.
Victor looks affronted. “I do not want to know what’s on your resumé.”
Yuuri rolls his eyes. “Just because I didn’t have anything related to fashion before working for you… heyyyy.” He frowns and jabs a finger into Victor’s chest. “No more talking about work. We’re off the clock.”
Victor blinks. “Off the clock?” Slowly, the brilliant smile breaks out on his face again, wattage turned up so high Yuuri wants to take his eyes out with the tiny umbrella in Victor’s cocktail. “You mean it?”
“Yeah, isn’t that what you—Victor?!” Yuuri yelps as Victor attaches his mouth to Yuuri’s neck and bites.
kic = kings in couture = fashion editor victor and secretary yuuri tbe = the boyfriend experience = still a skating legend victor and escort yuuri
part 2 with eros yuuri and kic vic comin’ soon to a forovnix near u