I wouldn’t be too pessimistic about PokeSpe adapting Ultra SM.
Kusaka’s mainly told to adapt the main features from the games and go wild with the storytelling and characterizations. How he does the former’s mainly up to him and he has the benefit of getting a beta version of the games to plan ahead.
I hope he does a sort of GSC Chapter kind of arc but with Sun and Moon the protagonists all the way through. Hey, if Lyra could be Crys with an outfit swap, why not?
- unlike other adaptations which make changes in order to facilitate a better story, pokespe is incredibly faithful to the source material, to the point where satoshi tajiri once said that it best portrayed the world he was trying to convey
- the characters may not be the deepest in the world, but they’re all done well and are consistent across arcs and volumes
-unlike pokeani, which forcibly resets ash every region and makes him look a lot dumber than he really is, different arcs in pokespe are handled by new characters. while this does introduce a problem of too many characters, it also means old characters returning will lead to serious ass-kicking
- again, i need to mention the amount of detail put in. nearly every insignificant thing from the games is mentioned in some form or another, from contests to secret bases to unique mons like spiky eared/cosplay pikachu to apricorn balls to the finer points of battling…i could go on and on
- excellent character development on the part of some characters, especially Silver
- i swear to god, hidenori kusaka is a god damn time traveler. he has predicted so many vital game mechanics, it’s actually a little creepy. black and white’s antagonists, critical captures, the cave behind tojo falls in hgss, the moves magnet rise, electroweb and psystrike, the green orb, the pokemon world tournament, pokemon amie, and probably more, were all predicted in some form by pokespe
I’m so so so so happy!!! I got my autograph from Kusaka HidenoriYamamoto Satoshi the creator of Pokemon Adventure/Special!!!!!! Furthermore Yamamoto-Sensei had let everyone who wanted an autograph choose a character they wanted to be drawn!!
They were really awesome people! Kusaka-Sensei was really cool & I wore a Pikachu shirt & he told me it was cool! =D Yamamoto-Sensei was too busy drawing to have small talk but it was alright =D. I really like how he drew Pikachu and Red
Oh the third person was the editor and it he was really nice he would ask which character you want drawn then he would tell Yamamoto-Sensei. Oh they even had a like board with all the Main Character and Minor Character! Wish could have taken a picture but it was a long quene…
I went to Paris and Yamamoto Satoshi drew me a fucking gorgeous Lance and Kusaka Hidenori thanked me for coming from the far far away region of Narnia that is Belgium and everything is beautiful and nothing hurts
Still don't get it how are they a Electrode and Swalot?
I could probably show you better than I could tell you.
The author and illustrator of PokeSpe. In the authors’ notes they’re Swalot and Electrode respectively. Believe it or not, they aren’t actually Pokemon. The cool guy with the glasses is Satoshi Yamamoto, that man with that awesome Tepig hat is Hidenori Kusaka. They simply use those two Pokemon as their avatars in their notes.
Funny thing is they’ll make little cameos together in the stories at times, though a lot of people usually don’t spot the PokeSpe Electrode + Swalot avatar pairing. So they’re nice little Easter eggs.
The reason I was so happy over Luoqin’s art is because she went to the trouble of including an Oddish(Which represents Mato, iirc. The former leading lady artist of crafting PokeSpe.) and an Electrode and Swalot of course. It’s just small little details like that that are pretty cool to see.
In March 1997, pokemon special was created, since then, over 50 mangas have been released. Congratulations to the writer Hidenori Kusaka, the original artist Mato, and the current artist Satoshi Yamamoto for help keeping the series going for 18 years.