I watched Power Rangers tonight with a group of friends and there a few great takeaways from the film. Keep in mind that we are all what society would consider adults and have all watched Power Rangers on television while growing up.
1) Power Rangers can be summed up as a movie with an elaborate plot to rob a donut shop.
2) Effectively, the film is a two hour Krispy Kreme commercial.
3) They used the original theme song for a brief moment. Yes. They actually did.
4) It doesn’t matter who you think you are, we are all Billy, the Blue Ranger.
5) Zords. Megazords.
6) Slapping is now again an effective method of defeating your enemies, most notably bullies.
7) They had a Team Rocket scene at the end. Yes. They did that as well (minus Meowth).
8) Power Rangers was essentially a Saturday morning from the 90s set in 2017.
That is all.