TGIF/F (or “TGI Femslash”) is a multi-fandom, fan-driven femslash convention in Los Angeles, CA. The first con (in early 2016) was so much fun, we’re back for round two April 7-9, 2017, and we want you to join us!
So, what makes TGIF/F so awesome? We’re glad you asked!
- It’s a small con (capping at 200 people) based primarily around fan conversations. Imagine sitting in a circle of 40 other fangirls talking about your favorite femslash pairing, or discussing queer representation in media, or sharing coming out stories. That’s the heart of our con. We build a safe space where you can be yourself and talk about what you love. Because it’s a more intimate setting than big comicons, you’ll become part of a con family.
- In addition to attending predetermined panels (which you get to vote on as an attendee, by the way), you can also start your own conversations! We provide time and space for you to host your own round-table talk about the ship, show, or topic of your choice. You’ll find new friends who share your interests, whatever they may be!
- We have awesome events like vidshows, a dance party, a costume contest (with cash prizes!), group games, a live auction of fannish goodies, and other activities that will provide laughter and the chance to build connections with new friends.
- It’s a grassroots, fan-made con that prioritizes the voices and experiences of our community. We choose not to hire celebrity guests to keep that focus on us – fandom – and provide a low-cost, accessible experience. It’s run by queer, female-identified fans (including a trans-masculine one) who have several years of experience running femslash cons together.
- Did we mention it’s a chance to sit in a room of fangirls and talk about gal pals? Just checking.
We encourage you to check out the great lineup of things that happened at the 2016 con on our website, tgifemslash.com. Then, mark your calendars for April 7-9, 2017 and help spread the word about TGIF/F! We know there are many people out there who need a safe space to discuss femslash, make new friends, and feel comfortable in their own skin. That’s what we’re all about.
So for the last few weeks I’ve been exploring around Japan all on my lonesome. (Except for that one time I met @korrainasamisjacket and I got to play with her dog, talk about gay shit and take amazing photo booth pics with.)
I’m on my second last sleep before I head home! I’ve had an amazing time and will be sad to go but also super excited to head back to my GF and family…And obviously @thelastchancer and @this-section-redacted (I might have some presents.. Maybe.. No promises)
While I’ve been here I’ve bought shit tons of art supplies and references and I don’t know how the fack to get all this shit home. So while I ponder away at what to do with my life, here’s some spoiler sketches of the stuff I’ve been working on. If you follow me on Twitter you’ll have seen the full versions of these!
Scans when I get home :)
Korra announces that Korrasami is canon. I loved this audio post in which Janet Varney tells the Avatarverse that Korrasami is canon, so I knew I had to do a lip sync to it eventually. Just a year late, not too bad, right?
What happen when you take the wheel while you’re drunk? That’s what Asami was going to figure out. In this kind of situation, you can come across, if you’re lucky, a sumptuous police officer before an accident. But is that really luck when you’re devastated by alcohol effects?