koolaid dyeing

2

This is what turned out from my test run with dyeing yarn. The yarn is 80% lambswool and 20% nylon. It was dyed with tropical punch and grape koolaid.

I didn’t really have a set way of dyeing it, I just sort of dumped the koolaid on certain parts of the yarn. The red bled a lot, which I didn’t expect, so if I use red next time I’ll know to use less than what I want. 

I’m currently working on making a slouchy hat that I may either keep for myself, or sell once I’m finished. Hopefully there’s enough yarn, because I only ended up with 4.3 oz after ripping apart the sweater arm.

Overall I’m very pleased.

3

Pretty new hand dyed yarn. Because apparently it’s cool to name your yarn colors, I’ve named this one “Ocean Waves”. I didn’t name my first yarn, perhaps I should have.

There’s a little over 16 oz there, and I’m not sure what to do with it. If I should make something or if I should just sell it. I DUNNO.

For now I’m going to stare at how pretty it is.