Unusual Ingredients For Love Spells
I find myself getting tired of using the same ingredients for spells over and over. Of course, these staple items have been used so frequently by various people and traditions for a reason, sometimes I think it’s just fun and helpful to grow your practice by changing it up. So, here are some things I have used in works that aren’t typical in love magick.
1) Strawberry Leaves- I find these especially helpful in spells that are trying to attract NEW love to a person. Strawberries are associated with love, playfulness, and innocence and although you may be trying to cultivate a romantic/sexual relationship, the foundation of long-lasting relationships is friendship, which strawberry leaves are great for!
2) Kool-Aid- Yes, I actually mean Kool-Aid. In love spells flavors to be used could be cherry, strawberry, or even pink lemonade. Similar to strawberries Kool-AId is associated with innocence and childlike love. If you are interested in drawing a partner to you that is playful and able to laugh at themselves this could be a great thing to sprinkle onto your candles or put in your mojo/spell bags. It also could be used like I mentioned before to ground a relationship in friendship and childlike purity.
3) Cotton Candy- Need to sweeten someone up? Cotton candy will do it for you. Using this in a work could be as complex as melting it down and using the syrup for various bottle/jar spells, or even as simple as putting it on your tongue, letting it melt, and commanding someone to be sweet to you. This could be used for new love, rekindling love, or even just keeping someone around.
4) Maraschino Cherries- These things are super sweet so using the cherry or the syrup could be used to sweeten someone or something to be swayed in your favor. Cherries are also associated with sexual desire and could be used in spells associated with that.
5) Chili Peppers- Use this one with extreme caution. I would not personally advise anyone to use these when doing one for new love but they definitely could be used to speed something up, or spice up a relationship if things are getting dull.