This is so interesting! I really like this ask omgomg okay! I had /so/ much fun writing this tbh.
• Is actually pretty simplistic, like those all white ones you see on Tumblr from time to time and wonder if they’re just boring or if that’s a room they never use or..?
• His desk is his room though is another story. It’s a huge mess and has clothes hanging from the chair. old coffee mugs lying all around it, pins, papers, pens and pencils all around. It’s a huge mess and he does clean it! It just never stays clean for long.
• He actually has a lot of windows in his bedroom and prefers the foot of the bed to face towards a window that way, when he wakes up he can see outside. The base is somewhere nice and sunny and bright, much different from his home at the base now so it’s nice scenery to wake up to.
• Her room is actually the opposite of Pein’s. She has stuff everywhere, posters littering her walls, a makeup vanity littered in lipsticks and makeup stains, clothes draped on a chair, figurines on every surface and books piled up on a bookshelf. She has wayyy too many books and she doesn’t want to get rid of a single one of them.
• She has her own drawer dedicated to snacks because she doesn’t want to leave her room and get a headache from dealing with the /boys/ (aka Deidara, Kisame and Hidan misbehaving as usual). Some haven’t seen her leave her room for days on end.
• Her room gets the most spiders and silverfish, which pisses her off to no end. You’ll know when a silverfish is in her room when you hear her curse worse than Hidan and then the girliest scream ever comes from it moments later.
• Has a few plants he takes care of, a nightstand, a bed, a dresser.. It looks kinda simplistic yet put together and have a homey feel. Konan may or may not have gotten her book addiction from him though, he has three bookshelves in his room filled to the brim with books, encyclopedias, textbooks, research books, history books, etc.
• He never gets any spider or any unwanted creature in his room. Nobody knows how he does it, but they just never seem to go to his room.
• His room smells kinda like cinnamon apple, sandalwood, and vanilla all mixed together. It’s a very nice, spicy smell and it helps him relax.
• He burns incense often, so when someone goes into his room their face just gets slammed with an array of smoke and Dragon’s Blood incense.
• Has a medium aquarium next to his bed, a big one incorporated inside of the wall and a small one on his desk. The one in the wall is a tropical saltwater aquarium with seahorses, yellow eel gobies, clownfish, sorpion dragonettes, purple firefish and some sunrise dottybacks. The small tank on his desk is actually a handmade tank with three small moon jellyfish that he watches while he sleeps. The medium tank next to his bed is a tropical freshwater tank with some red fire guppies, neon tetras, glass fish, mollies, two black mystery snails and a ghost shrimp. He treats them all like his own children.
• His room always has this kinda beachy smell, probably because of the constant saltwater he changes and filters and such. He always winds up spilling it but it never bothers him. Let’s just hope his s/o doesn’t mind it too much.
• Because he’s such a big guy, his bed takes up the rest of his room for the most part, but he’s content with it. He has his tanks, a desk, a closet, a space for Samehada, and a bed, it’s all he really needs.
• Once he became a full puppet, he got rid of his bed for some extra desk space. His room has a desk from one end of a wall to the other on two different walls. It’s more than enough desk space, you would think, but it’s never enough for him.
• His room looks like a nightmare kinda. Puppet parts all over. Poison bottles, antidotes, wooden limbs, an extra head for his own body, multiple different puppet bodies hanging from the ceiling. Don’t go in alone or at night, you’ll regret it or just get the worst scare of your life.
• If he knows his s/o is coming in and is kinda scared of his room, he’ll clean it up but other than that, his room stays the way it’s always been. If he needs a rest, he actually lies on the floor since he can’t feel the discomfort anyway.
• The most aesthetically pleasing bedroom of all the Akatsuki. All the colours have a matching palette, red, black, grey and white. Black curtains, all red walls, white ceiling, dark wooden floors, white, grey and black bed, small red rug right near his bed and his furniture is all black and white too.
• Mostly art supplies in his room aside from the necessities and a few snack bags he has lying around. Clay all over the place in its own designated bag. He has multiple colours and he even has a draw board on his desk that he uses to draw out new plans for new pieces of art.
• He actually has a few piece of clay art hanging around in his room, despite his view on art being a short lasting life, the first few pieces of art he made with his Kekkei Genkai were the few he could see as everlasting. This always sparks a heated argument with Sasori when he goes to Deidara’s room to grab him for a mission or if leader calls him.
• The blandest looking room you could ever imagine. Basic looking walls, a basic floor, his bed has black comforter with white sheets, dark cherry wood furniture. There’s a ceiling fan and if it’s really hot, a fan for his bedside dresser to be on him at night. He can’t have an a/c because he gets air conditioning congestion very easily. It’s kinda boring but it feels really homey at the same time, which is weird for Kakuzu.
• One of his weird ticks is that he always has to have a candle lit, even when he’s not around. He’ll light one and leave it lit until it burns out, then light another and another. He has to have a scent in his room, but he prefers more down to earth tones like sandy beaches, burning wood, pumpkins and apples (but not the fruity or spicy scented ones), etc.
• He has a few jars on a shelf with coins in them, organised by certain coins in each jar as he saves up.
• He has a special collection of money that is discontinued that he has in a small pouch under his bed where nobody can find it. He hopes he’ll land big with it one day but he realistically knows he wont.
• Unlike Kakauzu, Hidan has his room so cold that there’s actually frost on the windows in the summer! Hell, he even has the a/c on in the Winter. He loves it cold.
• Because he’s restricted to carry out his rituals in his room, he has the floors a polished and waxed over wood so that the blood doesn’t stick. He’s becoming the king of removing blood from wood because of it. He has the walls red so that if there is any blood he missed after cleaning, it just kinda blends in.
• Has a shelf with books he has written in about Jashinism and the prayers he has learned and made along the way to Lord Jashin. He actually has really good handwriting!
• He actually has a plant he takes meticulous care of, a Venus Flytrap. He had Zetsu get it for him when he learned about it on a mission one day. The plant’s so big that he actually has the pot resting on the floor now. Of course, in Hidan fashion, the pot has a Jashinism symbol painted on it.
• He stole money from Kakuzu to get a coffee maker for his room, so his room actually smells of coffee most of the time. He has a hard time sleeping so he constantly drinks the stuff.
• Plants and small underwater aquariums everywhere. A lot of the aquariums actually have plant tops that incorporate into them, like betta fish tanks with plants growing from the top into the water to feed the fish. Marimo moss balls in their own aquarium and he has an aquarium of just coral and a few fish.
• His room has a light latte brown walls and the floor is a light brown wood. it gives it a grounded feel to it. He has a bed, closet, and a dresser, but every other piece of furniture is used to hold up his plants and aquariums.
• He does have one or two books on the human body and such, for when he helps “Madara” and such. It’s kind of a hobby to read them now though.
• Doesn’t spend all too much time in his room, he only really goes to it to take care of his plants and fish.
• Has a photo of Rin inside of his bedside dresser. It’s just a photo of his team, but with her and him cut out. It reminds him daily of his goal and he looks at it every morning when he wakes up with the sunrise, Rin’s favourite.
• Does have a few hobby items that he was able to keep with him from his younger days, like his trading cards and such. He still really loves trading cards and actually collects them in binders. He has the binders stacked in the corner of his room next to a box with a bookshelf. He’s gonna build the bookshelf one day, he swears.
• A desk with a few notebooks. He writes down his plans and actually has a planner to stay organised. He’s bad at staying organised day by day so he carries it around with him. He has little doodles in the notebooks and in the planner.
• Has a guitar and actually can play really well! He only does when he knows everyone in the base is gone so he isn’t interrupted or listened to. On occasions he’ll sing too, and he has a great singing voice, he remembers Rin complimenting him on it and he gets confident when he does sing, even now, because of that compliment.
-Most of them talk in their sleep, especially Hidan
-Pein hums, not to say sings in the shower when he’s sure no one is around but they all know about it tho
-Konan, Deidara and Sasori often talk about art (and sometimes Pein joins them bc he loves music)
-Pein has has a deep scar on his side, he almost died from a collapse due to bombs when he was 15 (did you get the reference hehehe)
-Kisame is wise and has true deadpan humor
- Pein didn’t genuinly want to lead the Akatsuki but he naturally became the leader after creating it and bc he has an undeniable charisma
-Konan sometimes feels awkward being the only girl, not that being surrounded by boys disturbs her, but people whisper about her in the streets and also she feels like the guys are making her a preferential treatment and she hates it
-KONAN AND DEIDARA ARE BUDDIES like they love lauging together about random shit etc (reminder : they’re both 19 here )
-Despite their respective jutsus they keep practising taijutsu to ward off any trouble
-Only Konan and Itachi knows about Pein’s true name for now
Name: Hidan Gender: Male Age: 21 Background: A young man with quite an unclear upbringing but a very religious soul, dedicated to an unknown religion that still practices sacrifices and rituals. Unusually he is extremely skilled in combat and owns a large ‘ritual scythe’ hand crafted. He is extremely handy in using it. His abilities were discovered by Konan, with a small case of delinquency and possible murder surrounding this man. To keep him under observation he offered him one of Kakuzu’s rent-able apartments. Hidan didn’t quite like her presence and her interventions for most part, but after she helped him in finding a job in a showroom and a garage (Hidan is quite good with cars) the two got along better. When Pein came around from the anarchy installation claiming to be Konan’s boyfriend and treating her roughly, he decided she’s way too good for a woman to be with such a cruel man (not that she hasn’t realized that herself and is trying her best to keep her distance) 'but good enough to be with a respectful man like him’. The “World Fall” finally gave Hidan a platform in which to preach and use his beloved religion and scythe. He met up with Deidara at one of the places he was working and allied with him in getting out of trouble for the first couple of days the two paired up and reached Kakuzu and Konan together.
I don’t get why ppl r getting excited that SasuSaku was planned from the beginning...
…because it was kind of obvious. If you look at it from a literary and stereotypical shounen manga standpoint, all the signs Kishimoto put into part 1 made it obvious. He even went as far as giving them compatible zodiacs and blood types, and of all the romance in Naruto, theirs was the only one that he focused on in the main story (Naruhina, AsumaKurenai, ShikaTema, etc were always just a side thing). In a sense, they were indeed the main pairing of the series (SasuSaku technically existed before NaruHina came into the picture).
It’s a common theme in shounen manga, shoujo manga, and literature in general to have an antihero who has someone they truly care about, but force themselves to push away their feelings for them. It’s commonly used everywhere because it creates amazing dramatic effects that really hit the feels. No, Naruto isn’t a Korean drama or shoujo manga, but this theme extends beyond categories because they all have one goal in common; create angst.
Kishimoto said he is bad at outright lovey-dovey romance, but he was always good at angsty romance, and that was what he always focused on in the manga. Why else are almost all the canon/implied Naruto couples that were established during the manga separated by death while the happy couples only happen at the end where he doesn’t have to expand on them himself? There’s Minato/Kushina, ObiRin (semi, Obito technically got her in the end…), KakaRin (not canon, but had potential/implied), Asuma/Kurenai, Tsunade/Dan, Hayate/Yuugao, Yahiko/Konan (they had mutual feelings), heck, Jiraiya/Tsunade seemed to grow closer to canon, and Kishi decides to kill Jiraiya before it could happen. Even Naruhina almost went under the tragic couple trope when Hinata almost died (though it wasn’t quite canon yet).
While those couples were canon/implied during the manga, they also were struck with tragedy. It’s no different for SasuSaku; Kishimoto separated Sasuke and Sakura because it was good for the story; it made everything more dramatic and heart-wrenching, the difference is that he didn’t separate them with death (although before, I did fear he might do that since he’s quite notorious for it).
Whenever I write my own stories, I love separating my favorite couples (I especially love throwing off my readers because the couple’s relationship is so much deeper than hugs and kisses). I put up all the most impossible barriers that keep them from getting together. I give them other lovers and make them move on and almost give up on each other. However, all of that is to make it all dramatic. I create those barriers to prove that no matter what keeps them apart, they will find a way to each other in the end. No matter how many other relationships they have, there is no one ever good enough for them except each other. For me, a love that prevails over all odds is more beautiful than an easy romance (not saying one is more significant than the other, just my preference).This is why I loved SasuSaku from the start; they were separated by tragedy, and Sasuke continued to push her further and further, but in the end, their feelings would eventually bring them back together (the same goes for Naruto and Sasuke’s friendship).
(edit) I don’t know why I always write essays. There’s always so much to say and I can’t help but always explain my points in a deeper way…i did my best to keep it as short as possible.
I’ve been in the Naruto fandom for years, and i’ve always been annoyed at how people misrepresent certain characters, especially the females. Seriously people, knock it off. I actually don’t care how much you love/hate the character, hate/love the real character and not your fantasy of them.
Tsunade: I’m sick of people only remember that she’s Sakura’s teacher and Jiraiya’s love interest. She lost two of the most important people in her life, one of them bleeding to death while she watched. She went through traumatic experiences as a young adult, yet kept strong and helped a lot of other people. She needs more recognition for being an incredibly strong person.
Ino: Stop representing her as the pretty, stupid b*tch who hates and bullies everyone in her path. Yeah, she’s gorgeous. And yeah, she could kill you, look like a model doing it, and never once chip her nail polish in the process. But in case you forgot,she’s the person saving others from the bullies, not the one bulling them. If she was such a jerk, why would she have helped Sakura back when Sakura was a sobbing mess in the dirt? Oh right, because Ino is a genuinely wonderful girl who looks out for other people and gives everyone she meets a chance, regardless of whether or not they’re on her level. The only reason why she was mean to Sakura later on was because Sakura took her friendship and threw it back in her face over a guy. Oh, and the stupid thing? Ino ranked ahead ofSasuke in class scores, look it up.
Hinata: I know that she was clinically shy in part one of the story, but i’m sick of people wishing that she became outgoing like Tenten or one of the other girls. You don’t need to be outgoing in order to be confident, and you don’t need to be showy in order to be beautiful, or loud in order to be strong. THAT was the point of her character. Her character development wasn’t supposed to peak at her acting like her road to ninja self, that’s never going to be her. Do I like the way she was portrayed in TL? No. But that doesn’t matter. She is supposed to show that quiet composure and confidence is just as real and brave as the louder kind. That’s why she has the lion for her symbol, too. Because her challenge of facing the failures of each day and having the strength to move on and try again is just as real and requires just as much bravery as the other struggles we see.
Sakura: She’s not perfect. Deal with it. No one in this entire series is perfect. And I’m sick of people representing her as this rock of emotional stability and kindness. She’s not. She’s not the kindest person in this series, far from it. And she’s not the strongest or most selfless, almost the opposite. People project their fantasies for a feminist icon onto her, then pretend that it’s the real her. She’s just as flawed and everyone other character in this series. She can be annoying , clingy, selfish, mean, self-centered, and rude to a lot of people; and this isn’t on rare occasions. Physically, she’s one of the strongest people in the series, but the doesn’t make her a strong character, especially considering she is one of the most emotionally fragile people we see. If you like her despite all of that, power to you. But don’t create an idealized version of her then force that image onto everyone else.
Karin: She’s not a crazed rapist. She’s not an evil person. And she’s not a horny, weak, fangirl. Is she in love? Yes. Is she mentally unstable? Probably. Is she morally grey? Without a doubt. Does she do questionable things? You’d be blind not to agree. Does she do things that even her fans don’t like? Of course, she’s not perfect. Is she is slut? NO, we’ve only seen her make advancements on one person, and that amounted to flirting only. Karin is a character with a lot of depth and complexity, having went through a lot of trauma and a generally horrible life. She had to do many questionable things in order to survive, but that’s the life she was given. She’s not stupid, the series shows that she’s very cunning. And she’s not weak, as she’s very resourceful. Not to mention those chakra chains of her’s which, I fain point out, can easily restrain tailed beast when fully developed. She’s one the most powerful and talented we’ve seen. On the other hand, Karin fan: STOP MAKING HER THIS CUTE FLUFFY LITTLE BALL OF INNOCENCE.. I understand the appeal of making her cutesy and adorable, but don’t ignore the fact that she’s a dangerous criminal with a dangerous mind. She’s not this clingy emotionally dependent weak girl in need of Sasuke or Suigetsu’s protection that I see in way too many fanfics. She’s a strong and stand alone woman who puts the HOT in psychotic.
Cause of Death: He was shot by the police for killing Yahiko.
Year of Death: 2011
Background: He was raised in a small enclosure only for cult members and was told his entire life that the more people you kill, the more were send to Lord Jashin’s good graces to be saved from sin, not to mention he’d be rewarded in the afterlife for doing so. He bought it hook line and sinker. Even after he ran away from the cult for holding him down and ruling his life, he still wanted to help people end their suffering and find peace. So when Hidan returned to his religion he took the initiation-killing the residents in the haunted house by the beach.
Point of view on life after death: He regrets believing everything he was told, killing Yahiko, attempting to kill Konan….he feels like this is his punishment. When he had first become a ghost he was horrified and confused as to why he wasn’t with his God but he soon realized what a pile of shit it all was and is lamenting how badly he fucked up for believing in such an impossible thing as a god. He quickly became hateful afterward and is the main reason he is at such a high level of power, especially because he started taking sick pleasure in scaring humans. Now that Kakuzu is around, that behavior is starting to dull down into a mischievous hobby rather than a hurtful obsession.
Personal Space: He doesn’t really have one so he just barges into everyone else’s when he gets lonely or bored.
Interests: He likes horror movies and loud music. Also getting on peoples nerves and frightening humans. Its a secret but he used to like reading books, don’t tell anyone.
Relations With Other Ghosts:Everyone just kinda tolerates him because there’s nothing else they really can do. His relationship with Yahiko is surprisingly good. He feels guilty for killing the guy and avoids him but Yahiko seeks him out and tries to clear the air. They’re dead, might as well get over it. Nagato on the other hand is very spiteful towards Hidan, to the point where its hateful. Deidara and Kisame are the ghosts he’s found with most, however.
Opinion on Kakuzu: He keeps gravitating towards him and he just goes with it, using all his wits to try to prank and frighten the older man. He actually thinks he’s pretty cool-although he’d never admit it.