Maybe you can answer this for me and I'm going to preface it by saying I have no qualms with Kennett. Anyways can you explain to me what Kol did on TVD (I don't watch TO) that was so significant to have him shipped with Bonnie in a way that would boost her character because this was a ship well before TO. I legit barely remember him, he was obnoxious (his characterization) and kinda threatening, but beyond that I draw a complete blank on him. Was he very charismatic or something?
I think tbh with you anon that we all just wanted a decent love interest for Bonnie. Bonnie and Kol had several admittedly small moments but viewers felt that between them even in them they had a lot of chemistry.
Even if you watch Nate and Kat at a panel there’s mad chemistry there same with Kat and Chris/Kai and Bonnie.
There’s also an attraction because while both Kai and Kol are dangerous Bonnie was able to overpower and out smart them both twice. Which is nice because Bonnie gets to be powerful and have agency in a scene not just be subservient to others.
Kol has not only spent his while life studying and working with witches he has a deep respect for them (partly because he used to be one as a child.)
This was taken from Kol’s wikia:
Kol had been good friends with witches throughout the centuries, stating how he respects them and holds them in high esteem. This stems from his love of being a witch before becoming a vampire. His interest in witchcraft and magic continued even as an Original and not being able to use it directly anymore.
- Having studied witchcraft with witches for centuries, Kol is quite knowledgeable in the arts of witchcraft and magic, even creating his own spells such as the spell he taught Freya in An Old Friend Calls.
- During the time he spent with witches in Africa in the 14th Century, Kol traveled in Uganda and gained a knowledge of medicinal herbs and remedies from a shaman.
- Kol’s time with witches led to his fear of Silas, as the witches often told stories that Silas would return and bring the end of days.
- In his travels, Kol learned of a magic called Kemiya, which he taught to witches so that they could create his dark objects for him, which allowed him to utilize magic as a vampire. He later teaches this to Davina and practices it himself when he possesses Kaleb.
- The dark objects Kol was shown to be responsible for creating with his witches included The Devil’s Starand the bracelet Davina used to make Mikael obedient to her. He had the witches create them so that he could use magic through the objects without being a witch himself, as they were designed so that anyone could wield them.
- Elijah admitted that Kol was a master of his craft, despite his mischief.
- Davina once told him he had a “freaky witch encyclopedia brain” because of his vast knowledge.
- Most of his dark objects have since fallen into the possession of the O'Connell family.
- However, he often displays his vampire visage on The Originals due to the ancestors cursing him through the spell Davina used to bring him back, making him lose control.
if you want video footage of him saying that then this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u12iRxg3_w&ab_channel=patriciamoberg at 11:48 has kol saying it and there’s also this:
Taking this into consideration Kennett could have been a really fulfilling relationship for Bonnie because being with Kol could have developed her as a person pls iit would have been interesting and endearing to watch.
As for Kol, he was very charismatic. There’s just so much to say about him.
@koriginaladdict made an amazing post on why one should love Kol, you can find it here: http://koriginaladdict.tumblr.com/post/136193123152/20-reasons-to-love-kol-mikaelson
But here’s my own personal one:
- He’s kind of the perfect juxtaposition of being one of the most levels headed and rational/pragmatic Mikaelson and also being the most chaotic and volatile and it’s really interesting to watch
- Nate Buzz is an excellent actor
- He has a very childlike playfulness to him as well as a dangerous edge
- He’s consistently the one to call Klaus out while the rest of his siblings seem to be completely devoted to him (Rebekah and Elijah and Freya slightly although she’s more neutral) or completely hate him (Finn) Kol simply say what he doesn’t like and says it. He consistently challenges Klaus (verbally or physically )
- and although Klaus has daggered him many times it’s clear he’s not afraid of him. In fact, it does seem like Klaus has a healthy fear of Kol in some ways because he’s so unpredictable
- He also wasn’t afraid to tease Klaus.
- Kol is funny like he has some good one liners and he’s very quick to make light of situations even when they’re very bleak or sinister
- He’s anti-Damon AF
These are just a few things. I would definitely go back and watch Kol’s old tvd scenes on youtube.
(None of these gifs are mine)