Hi excuse me, do you or any of the other Ravenclaws on this blog have experience in skipping a grade(or grades)? If so, would you be so kind to tell me is it a good or a bad idea, how did you manage to do it and what about leaving your friends? I know this blog isn't exactly about it, but I thought this is one of the best places I could ask. Thank you~ (if you don't answer I fully understand and sorry to have bothered you ^^)
I honestly have no experience with this because it’s not really a thing in the uk, but here’s things I think you should consider
- missing out on experiences, depends what grade you’re skipping I guess but are you okay with missing graduation, prom etc
- being younger than everyone else, particularly when it comes to drinking, clubbing etc
- might be easier to get scholarships?
- if you’re staying in the area it’s definitely possible to keep up with your old friends, it’s just a bit more effort
- are you moving into a grade where everyone will already have established friend groups? if you’re moving into e.g. senior year it might be harder to make friends than if you’re skipping straight to uni