Hello everyone! Now I know a lot of spoonies, and a lot of witches who either knit, crochet or sew. These activities suit both groups: for spoonies they offer a creative output without having to spend too much energy, and for witches they’re a really easy way to practise magic daily. So yarn/knot magic is perfect for spoonie witches!
This year (2017) I am crocheting a square each day, and making these into a massive blanket. I am choosing the colours of each square based on each day, how I felt, or magical colour correspondences I want to instil.
As I crochet, I set my intention for the blanket within each stitch- for me these include protection, comfort and safety. Other ways to add magic include adding strands of your hair or the hair of a loved one into the blanket to add extra protection (this often happens by accident for me as my hair sheds everywhere!), or you can crochet with the colours specific to your intentions.
My colour correspondences are:
- white: cleansing and purity
- black: protection and binding
- red: strength and passion
- pink: love and harmony
- orange: courage and comfort
- yellow: communication and self love
- green: fertility and wellness
- dark blue: dreams and psychic abilities
- light blue: joy and new beginnings
- violet: divination and inspiration
- purple: authority and power
- grey: neutrality and secrets
- brown: the home and grounding
- silver: intuition and reflection
- gold: prosperity and luck
Happy Witch Crafting everyone! (see what I did there? good pun)