Six little black numbers printed on the inside of your wrist.
10 - 07 - 17
As permanent as a tattoo and as mysterious as the Bermuda Triangle.
You had no idea where it came from or how it came to be on your wrist. You didn’t even know what the numbers meant. But it felt important. There was something in the very back of your mind that told you your spontaneous tattoo signified something - although you had no idea what.
Like any other eighteen year old who doesn’t know the answer to something, you took to the internet in search for answers. Reading through the results, you scrolled through the explanations, each seeming crazier than the one before. Potential coordinates to the hidden kingdom of El Dorado? A sign from God predicting the end of the world? Every conspiracy theory was more ludicrous than the last.
There was one website that caught your attention, a girl’s blog who wrote about a story similar to yours. On her 18th birthday, she woke up to a tattoo on her wrist of six numbers, just like yours. For her, the numbers represented a date. The day she met her soulmate. Reading her story, how she fell down a flight of stairs and broke her leg, how the paramedic who came to her rescue had the exact same six numbers tattooed on his wrist, how something in her heart told her that this man was everything she could ever want, it was like a fairytale.
For some reason, the girl’s story seemed to resonate with you more than other crackpot speculations. Perhaps it was the hopeless romantic in you, but a tattoo of the date you might meet your soulmate definitely wasn’t the worst birthday present.
Staple closet pieces? Including shoes and jewelry 😊
Alright this is going to be a long post…
My personal style can be described as classy and elegant with a twist of edgyness. Think elegant Kendall Jenner x Bella Hadid x Ulyana Sergeenko candid & formal photos.
Although it happens that I put less effort into dressing for university and other unimportant stuff like just running errands or do some small shopping in town because frankly, I don’t care and do not have to impress anyone with my 900€ shoes and 3,500€ coat. I live in a small town, so this just adds to me feeling indifferent. It doesn’t happen often, but still.. it does happen. However, when I am in a big, fancy town, I of course dress to impress and like I’m about to see my worst enemy. I think that this should go without saying haha!
Aside from that my style is as I have described above.
I used to buy stuff from H&M and Zara a lot and mix it with high-end designers, but now it all shifted to just high-end designers. It’s just personal preference. I am fed up with the poor quality and designer knock-offs. I very much cherish the improved quality that I have with designer pieces. Although the quality from oh so many pieces is pretty ridiculous too, to be honest! Do not think that designers necessarily offer the very best quality for their price. Most of the time the prices they charge can’t possibly ever be justified with the quality of their merchandise. It’s just the name you are paying for, really. This is why my #1 mission is always to look for the best quality in anything. I can see a Valentino dress that is so god damn gorgeous and not like the fabric. Or the beads and embellishments seem to be very cheap. I will not buy it, although I regret it because it’s stunning but whatev.
Understand that I am on a monthly budget just as everyone else is. Yes, I might have a whole wardrobe bursting with luxury and designer names, but I have amassed this all over years, with roughly 80% of my own money and 20% of SD money. I am a very practical person and buy clothing, shoes and jewellry that I am able to wear every day and for any occasion. There are some occasional SPECIAL purchases too, of course. But only when I see something seriously special. I had a phase in which I bought at least 20 pairs or so of Louboutins.. and how many have I actually worn out? Maybe…6? This, too, taught me to be practical.
As for jewellry, I generally don’t wear jewellry except for my gorgeous silver ring that looks like a flower made of tiny diamonds, with a beautiful big black pearl in the center of it. It is very special to me. As for earrings, I alternate between beautiful pearl studs when I want to look all preppy, classy and elegant (I think that they also make me look younger, funnily enough) and diamond studs and chandeliers sometimes for daytime and evening as well. I don’t care. I wear stuff that is supposed to be worn in the evenings in the day, too. It adds to the ‘uniqueness’ of my style which sets me apart from others.
Please mind that I am not going to drop designer names (xcept for four) because well, I don’t want to seem like an arrogant, overly spoiled brat who just wants to show off. No! I am happy to provide you with pictures or whatever in private, if a certain piece has piqued your interest or if you want to know which pieces I exactly have, so just gimme a shout.
So, my general staple pieces for the day would be:
* A few pairs of skinny jeans - lighter denim colour without wash, one distressed black one (I like the slits at the knee), a normal black one, a mid-dark denim with a subtle wash. I only wear skinny jeans at this point in my life, with a seldom exception. Full length and I very much like ankle length or a little over the ankle in summer. Skinny jeans accentuate my lean and long legs - and I like to shift focus on my legs.
* Skinny black leather pants. Normal ones, not like the Givenchy & Saint Laurent zipper thing.
* This seldom exception would be one pair of black high-waisted, perfectly tailored trousers that are overall just a little bit wider.
* Two pairs of black cigarette trousers like Audrey Hepburn used to wear.
* As for t-shirts and tank tops, I like basic black and white ones. Round-neck, V-neck, doesn’t matter. I do not like any kind of prints unless it’s an okay print. Well I guess I am guilty of owning the black & white Balmain tank tops with the three golden buttons on the left shoulder haha but these are the only printed shirts in my wardrobe because they do add a little bit of sophisticated edge to my day looks.
* Elegant silk blouses are also a must in my wardrobe. Here, I like playful pussy bow blouses and a bit more ‘daring’, statement blouses. Although I do not like statement or ‘IT’ pieces in general and usually stay far away from them. I like to wear these blouses with my black high-waisted trousers.
* I am a sucker for coats. I own a lot of coats. Fur and normal ones. I adore a good camel coat and am also a sucker for military-inspired coats. The colours of my choice, for normal coats, would be camel, black and navy at this time. Other colours for fur coats.
* I fucking love capes and have quite a few. Black ones, mid-length to the middle of the thigh I’d say.
* Jumpers / Longsleeves / etc. Here, I am always looking for good quality cashmere, and wool. Mainly wearing them in autumn and winter. I like turtleneck pieces a lot.
* Warm Scarves - all my scarves are of a cashmere/silk mix. I also wear them when it’s cold or just throw them over my shoulders on a chilly summer night when I’m out at a dinner party or so.
* Fancy Scarves - silk. I sometimes wear them under/over a blazer, with a normal button down shirt and a high-waisted skirt.
* Skirts - one high-waisted black leather mini skirt, a black high-waisted heavy wool skirt / knee length
* Shorts - different pairs of mini denim shorts, beautiful lace mini shorts, black leather mini shorts
* Blazers - oh boy. I love blazers. I have so many. Again, black and navy coloured blazers. I have this beautiful slim, perfectly tailored black blazer that is a bit longer than a usual blazer - just beautiful. one of my fav pieces.
* Jackets - love. black leather jackets for the edge, but elegant leather jackets. I also dig black leather jackets with a beautiful embroidery on the back side. and uhm *coughs* of course the classic - the Chanel jacket. normal black and beige. is an absolute must have. and so versatile! I have the cropped versions as they fit my body far better than the regular length ones.
* Dresses - oh uh. I collect dresses. For any occasion. However I prefer short dresses, above knee length and mini dresses. Do have a couple of mid-calf length dresses, though. Here I say that the fancier the dress, the better. But it still has to look absolutely beautiful and not dramatic. Although I would have loved to have that black/red and red Proenza Schouler ostrich feather dresses just because they look so badass.. but where the hell would I have worn it to.. that’s the other question haha! I love brocade, I love silk, I love lace, I love velvet dresses. My dress colours are usually black and red but I also do have some white, silver, blue dresses. As for the regular shopping day in town, I just wear a long black dress with gladiator flats and that’s it. Dun care. Bye, Felicias.
* Shoes - sexy black high pumps, the famous espadrilles (I like wearing them in summer with my ankle-length skinnys), the famous Balenciaga boots with the cutouts at the sides and the two buckles with silver hardware, not gold (literally every Russian jetset baby has these boots omg haha), velveteen ballet flats, silken/satin ballet flats, gladiator sandals (which are bound up to the knee), sexy suede overknee boots - I like my overknee boots to be of mid-thigh length, sneakers (have so many omg..leather and suede (apart from the one pair of Nike sneakers I like to wear on long haul flights. various models, various colours), various black combat boots that look more delicate than ugly and harsh, lace-up high heels, platform pumps, I LOVE high heels! gosh… it’s hard to describe without naming the designers and the particular models because it all sounds so vague and ugly haha! I like classy shoes as much as I like very special models like embellished shoes or just some fancy colours, etc.
* Silk Pajamas - I have a pair of baby pink ones and a pair of baby blue ones.
* Lingerie - am a lingerie addict, but which girl isn’t?
* Silk Robes - long dressing robes, short morning robes, everything. Black, white, red, and the pastel colours from above (babypink, babyblue)
* Invest in good stockings! Quite a few pairs of normal black ones. And black ones with the sexy seam at the backside for more..well, special evenings and occasions ;)
* Hats - Maison Michel; different colours, made of felt
These are pretty much my staples. I am so sure that I have forgotten many many other things, but this should suffice. I have written a post on my personal fragrance choices which you might want to check out if you are interested in this as well!
AN: I did it! It’s here! And I really love this chapter and I’m so pumped for Spring Break and the stress all just melted away from me an I’m so happy and ready to write again. I’m so thankful for all your enthusiasm–it really helps when I write. You all have no idea. If you liked this chapter, please remember to like/reblog/leave a commment. Or come talk to me with headcanons and things like that <3 Enjoy!
He waited for her.
He knew he shouldn’t have, knew that waiting for her, that even talking to her was a risk. That he was risking both his own life and her life. And he knew that he made her hate him, and that she needed to hate him, needed to fear him, needed to get as far away from him and Tamlin as possible. As far away from Amarantha and this whole damned mess that had spread out before them, that she had no business getting tangled up in.
She and Eirian were alike in that they were innocents.
But Eirian, because of her family tie to him, had no choice but to be dragged into this, and Feyre…Feyre could run. And he hoped she did. He hoped he’d scared Tamlin enough that he’d sent her away, to wherever her family or friends were. He told himself he was waiting at the coffee shop every day to ensure that she didn’t come back, to ensure that she was safe and home and away from him and Amarantha and Tamlin.
He wasn’t fooling anyone, least of all himself.
“I don’t think she’s coming back, man,” Sam said as he pushed Rhys’s third Americano across the café table. “I haven’t seen her for two and a half weeks now.”