Jitters is the only place in Central city that is considered neutral ground. Heroes and villains alike have signed a treaty that no fighting happens in or around the coffee joint. You may even walk in there and see Barry casually having coffee with King Shark, or Mick eating scones with Damien.
I am 99.9% sure that Iris West is still alive. I think that was either Julian or HR using HR’s face changer tech. I am leaning towards HR. He seemed to be saying goodbye this episode. I hate that Joe and Barry had to see “her” die, but it had to look real for them and the audience. There were so many clues that let me know that was not Iris.
1. She did not say I love you to Barry when she was about to die.
2. They brought back that face changer tech from episode 6 out of the blue.
3. They had Barry use the face changer tech to show that it could change body composition (Barry becoming Lyla).
4. HR is silly, not dumb. He would not that really told SaviBarry where Iris was unless it was apart of a larger plan.
5. When Barry was trying to hit SaviBarry with the Speedforce gun the camera panned away from Iris.
6. I don’t think Barry, Wally or Cisco would have let Iris walk around with the murder coat on if they didn’t have a back up plan.
7. Where was Julian?
I have several more reasons why I don’t think Iris is dead, but I’m at work about to start my shift. In closing, I think Iris is really on earth 19 with Cynthia/Gypsy.