Like I wrote a post about a week ago or so. And never a post of mine had receive such likes and reblogs (there aren’t many, but for me they are a lot. I have like 20 followers and most of them are not real people, and I’m at 70 or more notes) So if people like this, why shouldn’t I write more? This isn’t going to become a weekly thing, because even if I wanted I get obsessed with things too often. Like I only listen podcast for two weeks and then I stop and see like 10 seasons of 6 different series, or 20 movies per week, or 3 books a day (the book thing happens scarscely, usually on holidays). Well, here I go again.
If you want, you can skip to the interesting part, I don’t mind people not reading my rantings.
Podcasts I’m listenting to:
-Alice isn’t Dead, written by one of the creator of Night Vale. It promises to be as strange as Night Vale is, and I have to admit it creeps me out a bit, but other podcast is almost giving me nightmares.
-D&D is For Nerds, just listened to the first episode, mostly it is an easy listening (does that expression make sense?) It’s just a group of friends having fun.
-EOS 10, I finished the first season and I love it. I can’t bring myself to listen to the second one because we still don’t know when the third season will start. Honestly I don’t think I’ll be able to resist so I’ll probably have finished it by the next update I’ll post.
-Hello From the Magic Tavern, this was actually a recommendation I got from tumblr (thank you, @elphabaforpresidentofgallifrey ) And it is just pure, unadulteraed fun. It is improvised and the main cast are just three but they have guests in almost every episode. It’s a fantastic comedy, quite literally.
-Kakos Industries, I listen to it when I want to stop thinking It’s quite regular i its format, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage. It can be a bit monotonous but it works. I like it.
-King Falls AM, it’s so easy to fall in love with King Falls AM. I’ve previously compared it with Night Vale, and maybe the concept seems similar but the actual show isn’t. Whereas Night Vale is a creepy town which I would be scared to live in, I actually would love living in King Falls. Just listent to it.
-Limetown, waiting for the second season.
-Lore, creepy as always but I’m actually a bit disappointed with the last episode because it seemed more like an addition to the first episode than anything.
-The Black Tapes, remember when I said before ‘other podcast is almost giving me nightmares’? Well this is it, between this and Lore, these two week I’ve scared of everything, I’m like 8 years old again and I can’t be without a light on. Pathetic, right? I was actually kind of bored mid-season because they never really closed a case and most of the information given I could do wihout, even when Alex *SPOILER ALERT* realises that everything is connected, which honestly wasn’t such a big a revelation, it was a rather weak plot twist. Ok, it kind of got me mad, because it was kind of stupid. (Ok, sorry for ranting, sorry Black Tapes, I like you a lot really)
-Welcome to Night Vale, I still need to listen to the last two episodes so nothing new to report
-Wolf 359, only listened to the first three episodes but so far, so good. I love Eiffel antics and how he distrusts basically every other character.
List of to-listen: Tanis, Pleasure Town, Our Fair City, The Message, Serial, Sayer, The Secret World, We’re Alive and Presidential.
I want to record some audio that’s basically a riff on the “So This is Basically” series of videos by @jelloapocalypse . It would all just be audio because a) your boy can’t draw and b) it would revolve around podcasts, an audio format.
I already have a bunch I’m planning on doing, mainly about the ones I already listen to, but feel free to give any suggestions if you want to see any! I’ve tagged all of the podcasts I plan on doing!
I want to avoid general talk shows since that would be straight up making fun of people (although I’m not above a few light-hearted jabs at creators.) So I’m keeping the focus on audio dramas or things with storylines in general.
Hey there, this is narniadrabbles (can't send asks as a sideblog. Boo!). Just wondering, how do you think Peter and Edmund would be with their knights? Like would they be super commander-like or really chill like bros?
Hello friend! (Friends? There’s two of you, yes?)Ohhhh, okay so I can see both.
So, with new troops, I feel like Peter and Edmund would play good cop, bad cop.
They would take turns for who is who.
Edmund would be the terrifying general who sees through your soul, while Peter is the commander willing to cut you a break if he’s loyal.
On the opposite sides, Peter is the commander who has a dangerous temper, and there’s rumors about his brutal punishment of running laps all night long. Edmund is the understanding one who won’t say a word if you’re honest with him.
But then, as they get into training more, the troops see Edmund trying to fit a whole pie in his mouth. And Peter is the one who dared him. And they realize they’re just normal people.
And some knights are like best friends with the kings.
They go to taverns and sometimes act more tipsy than they are and sing very loud and badly.
They never let the king’s win just because they are kings. They relish in victory, rare it may be.
Peter and Edmund with their knights are my fave. <3
Ahhh, I dunno of this is awkward or not, but what are your recs for podcasts? I need something to listen to on my iphone other than music nowadays
Nah it’s good. This is what my current favorites are off the top of my head but I know we have a list here.
Wolf 359 (Sci-fi. It’s about a three man crew orbiting a star called Wolf 359. It’s funny but hits the feels hard in later episodes.)
EOS 10 (Sci-fi. Doctors, terrorists, and addiction in space!)
Thrilling Adventure Hour (Old Time Radio spoof. It’s over but it’s really fun and there are 200 some episodes.)
The Bright Sessions (The best way I can describe it is “Therapy for the X-Men.”)
The Black Tapes (A docudrama about ghosts/demons/supernatural mess. Would not recommend listening to at night).
Alice Isn’t Dead (A lady searches for her lost wife. Also would not recommend listening to at night)
King Falls AM (Kinda like WTNV but in the real world.)
We’re Alive/ We’re Alive Lockdown (Do you like zombies? Here ya go.)
Our Fair City (A quirky, post apocalyptic series with many episodes. They are currently in season 7!)
Hello From The Magic Tavern (I am currently making my way through this one. Think of the wackiest game of DnD you’ve ever played. Now imagine all the characters were interviewed from it. That’s what this is.)
Limetown (A docudrama about a lady who investigates a town that vanished overnight.)
Ars Paradoxica (Time travel the podcast)
there’s probably more I’ll think of later. I’m terrible at descriptions clearly.
Monday - Hello from the Magic Tavern & Wolf 359 (where Maxwell, Keplar, and Jacobi are going to be monsters and WHAT ABOUT HERA)
Wednesday - The Bright Sessions (CALEB. ADAM. I JUST. I CAN’T. I’M NOT READY)
Thursday - Welcome to Night Vale (ep 100! I’m so behind BUT EVERYONE’S COMING BAAAAACK) & Wooden Overcoats (finale finale finaleeeeee) & KING FALLS AM (episode 40 AND GUYS. IT’S GOING TO BE SO GOOD on top of the Ben and Sammy feels YOU ALL WE ARE NOT READY FOR WHAT THIS TEAM HAS COOKED UP)
So basically I will be a hot mess and I’m so excited.
Ideally audio drama, but let me know if you’ve got something anyway.
I currently listen to:
Alice Isn’t Dead- ars Paradoxia- Attitude Heroes- Australian True Crime- The Bright Sessions- Criminal- Cthulhu and Friends- Fighting for Fair- Focused.af- Hector vs the Future- Hello From the Magic Tavern- King Falls AM- Mabel- My Dad Wrote a Porno- The Orbiting Human Circus- The Penumbra Podcast- Spines Podcast- Spirits- The Strange Case of Starship Iris- Thrilling Adventure Hour (TBH Only really Sparks Nevada)- Under Pressure- Welcome to Night Vale- Within the Wires- Wolf 359.
I realise that is a lot of podcasts and I think maybe I have a problem, but meh. Still looking for more.
It’s as rowdy as ever in the tavern, dozens and dozens of Bilgewater residents slamming glasses on wooden tables, erupting into arguments with one another, and letting out loud, hearty laughs at some perverse joke or another.
Gangplank is thankful for it. In a bar this full, even his hulking presence blends into the masses of patrons drifting in and out of the bar. Some might stare at him and offer a hushed whisper to their friends, “Do you think that’s— No, it couldn’t be—” but most are far too drunk to care, even if they do recognise him.
He works his way past someone belting an off-key shanty and over to the bar, where he breaks into a rotten-toothed smile. “Monette!” he calls, ignoring the few people clamouring for a drink. “How’ve you been?”
August tour with Bella Morte celebrating 16 years of friendship, touring and dark music!!! AURELIO VOLTAIRE with special guests BELLA MORTE August 1st Pittsburgh, PA @ Cattivo August 2nd New Haven, CT @ Café Nine August 3rd Boston, MA @ ONCE Lounge August 4th Albany, NY @ Fuze Box August 5th Wash DC @ Spellbound August 6th Richmond, VA @ Fallout August 7th Raleigh, NC (TBA) August 9th Nashville, TN @ The East Room August 12th Columbus, OH @ (TBA) August 13th St. Louis, MO @ Crack Fox August 15th Kansas City, KS (TBA) August 16th Denver, CO @ 3 Kings Tavern August 18th Boise, ID (TBA) August 19th Portland, OR @ Analog August 20th Seattle, WA @ El Corazon August 23rd San Francisco, CA @ Elbo Room August 24th Los Angeles, CA @ Union August 25th Las Vegas, NV @ Beauty Bar August 26th Mesa, AZ @ Club Red August 29th Austin, TX @ Elysium August 30th New Orleans, LA @ The Goat and then I’ll be at Dragonon from Sept. 1st!
i know you ship jon/arya so i'll totally understand if you dont accept this arya/gendry request but - a somewhere in the future fic before the final battle happens; arya, sansa, jon are at winterfell (maybe bran too), and gendry finds his way there. there's initially some friction because of the long gap, but they're getting over it, and gendry is really devoted to her esp after all that had happened. Sansa's PoV, because she recognizes his devotion and has always wanted something like that- 1/2
[cont] -it’s almost like the songs but all her betrothals/marriages so far (joff, tyrion, harry) were NOT something she’d dreamt of and wishing she had someone like that too. ps: i LIKE sansa (not as much as arya, but i like her) but i do think it’s ironic that for a girl who wanted a happily-ever-after-with-prince-charming got the marriages bt not the way she wanted, something that could be said of many characters in the story (but that’s another point :D) (come to think of it, a meta about that?)-2/2
He looked like Lord Renly.
It was the first thing that came to Sansa’s mind when her sister had come home, a pack of hungry men and wolves stalking at her heels. The wolves were haggard, starved, the men even more so; they were lean, feral looking things, that wore gaunt masks and tattered clothing that hung over bone like stolen skins. All but one. The knight who followed Arya around everywhere, sticking to her like some sullen dark shadow.
He was handsome. More than handsome, really, looking every bit the lost Baratheon son that people claimed him to be. He was just a bastard, borne of lust and sin of old King Robert and some tavern wench, and yet…
His eyes were blue - so blue, like the cast of day over the Trident a lifetime ago before everything had gone to the seven hells, blue like the frost of winter roses. And his hair was thick and black as midnight, hanging over his eyes in a way that begged to be touched. He was strong too, muscled like some war hero from the songs. And his looks, all those lingering, caressing looks, brewing with the utmost of devotion, were for Arya Stark, her little sister.
Every so often, Sansa watched them, watched Arya and her knight; sometimes it was with passing interest, other times it was with envy. Days in Winterfell were long when you were waiting for Death to come beckoning, and Arya was constantly moving, as if she could not keep still.
Ser Gendry was always with her, trailing behind her like some lost little duckling. Only…he didn’t look lost. He followed at her heels of course, stopping when she stopped, going when she went; touching her arm, the small of her back, her hand, her wrist. The touches were fleeting, but they were careful, meaningful, stolen almost in the midst of war and ice and watchful eyes.
No, Ser Gendry never looked lost. With Sansa’s little sister, he always seemed home.
Tonight I got to meet Mac and his band and shoot the shit for about half an hour. I introduced myself as ‘Brumbo Tungus’ and Mac made up a song on the spot and sung it to me. He even did it again to let me video it. Tomorrow I’m going back over and me and Vick are cooking them all dinner and having a few beersies. I got to watch their show from the mezzanine inside the club with no-one else up there since the people who live in the apartment above the bar they were playing at have no idea who they are. I walked in and the band was all just in my friends lounge room and every one who lives at the house was in their bedrooms (I was fucking shocked). One of the funnest nights of my life, I can’t wait for tomorrow.
How do you know this show is actually real and not staged? I love the show, don't get me wrong, but I always have this fear that ghost adventures is fake and I'm just wasting my time watching them.
Well If I must break it down, This is going to be a long post. Bear with me. 28 Reasons why I believe Ghost Adventures is not fake.
1. NO CAMERA CREWS! They set up their own camera shots and use their own equipment and edit their own material then send it off to travel channel to air. Billy sits for about 40 hours watching evidence after they get back home from lockdowns. Why dedicate 40 hours to something that will be faked anyway?
2. Have you read any of their twitters? Especially Zaks? They’re really serious about the paranormal. Which also makes me believe this show is NOT fake. They are all really passionate about this. Zak has moments on twitter where he’s like I wouldn’t wanna do anything else but investigate the paranormal. Why would someone be so passionate about faking? Zak was also once a skeptic.
3. There was an article posted on this by Bishop James Long. One of the demonologists/priests they work with. He stated that he was NEVER EVER given a script or was NEVER told to fake evidence. In his own words “If I were (told to fake evidence) I would tell the show and hosts to jump off a cliff” Nor was he EVER paid to be on the show meaning he’s not someone they hired. He stood up for ghost adventures and he was thankful that he never wasted his time with GAC and the evidence they caught in Bobby Mackeys was all too real and really personal that the guys had to tone it down. The full article you can read is here: http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2014/01/ghost-adventures-cast-member-claims-no-fake-ghosts-2463106.html
4. The relevance of their evidence to the history. You don’t see Ghost hunters digging into the history of a location. The GAC look into the history first and foremost before investigating. Then they ask questions that would be relevant if there was the spirit of that person there. I mean how do you explain the battle of perryville episode? The relevance of the spirit box evidence they captured to one of the people who died there. 5. They use scientific equipment. How do you explain a teddy bear going off and lighting up when no one is near it?
6. Have you seen Zak’s Lumber Liquidators commercial? I’m not meaning this in a bad or mean way but come on, the acting…He can’t act lol. You’d honestly know if they were acting. Especially Zak.
7. When they get hurt or scratched. Why would they want to intentionally hurt themselves? Why would they get scared out of their mind and want to leave? Think about that for a second. Like Nicks burn in the Oman House…Why would he want to burn himself or harm himself when he has a family?
8. Like number 7, When they get scared…Like how do you fake fear? General fear of something. Like Zak in Hoia Baciu Forest? Nick in the documentary when the brick flew? Nick in the Linda Vista Hospital where he saw the lady apparition?
9. Watch the Kings Tavern episode and help me explain the ending. You can’t tell me that’s not weird.
10. They play back EVPS in real time. Explain to me how they fake that in the moment?
11. The spirit box. If it was radio interference why is it so relevant to where they’re investigating almost all the time? The spirit box is real time and sometimes they don’t get anything coming through for a couple hours.
12. They explain things thoroughly giving you an explanation as to why they can’t debunk what happened.
13. Zak stated on twitter a little while ago that he doesn’t watch any other paranormal shows because they are made by people who know nothing about the paranormal and they are over produced.
14. You can hear thunks, foot steps, knocks, and voices in real time and they replay it in enhanced audio. Unlike Ghost Hunters…”WHAT WAS THAT?” wait I didn’t hear anything???????
15. They did a live show on halloween once. How do you fake something that’s live happening in the moment? That would take a lot of time to figure out how to fake it huh?
16. They have no bad reputations in the industry. Not once have they been accused of faking evidence, maybe by some haters they have but i’ve never once seen an article accusing them of being fake. Ghost Hunters on the other hand….
17. Zak specifically stated he wants no camera crews on his show to Travel channel or else he wouldn’t have signed with them.
18. How do you explain tempurature drops? Sudden apparitions? You can’t tell me they sit and CGI that shit.
19. They are going on lockdowns every 2 weeks. I don’t know about you but that sounds like Passion.
20. When things are thrown at them or lifted in mid air….How do you explain that?
21. They keep to themselves and they don’t bash other Paranormal shows out of spite and jealousy because they have nothing to be jealous about. In my opinion you’d only be jealous and defensive over other shows if you were hiding something…
22. Aaron in the documentary wanted NOTHING to do with this. He didn’t want to investigate with them at all because he was scared out of his mind.
23. The flying brick…
24. Their excitement when they get evidence…Zak loses his mind sometimes he gets really happy. That how you know he loves what he does.
25. They don’t have music constantly playing in the background during investigations.*cough*GHOSTHUNTERSDOESTHATSOYOUCANTHEARANYTHING*COUGH* WOW WHAT A LOOGIE.
26. Some of the stuff that happens I don’t see how they could stage it. It’d take quite a smart mind to figure out how to fake some of the stuff they capture.
27. Aarons marriage fell apart due to spirits following him home. This also has ruined some of Zaks relationships with women.
28. Last but not least. How real they are. They’re so real. They know how to have fun and also be serious. They don’t put on an act outside of the show. They aren’t controlled by Travel Channel. They say things because they mean it, they do what they want. They are REAL paranormal investigators.
Trust me. You’re not wasting your time with them at all.
I like to leave DF running while I do my work for the day. In my fort, I made my king the tavern keeper. This got me a message I haven’t seen before, when a bookbinder got drunk enough during a heated discussion on government to take matters into her own hands.