So since I’ve gotten @dahm-sub into Michael Jackson, I want to share for her and for everyone some awesome, little known things about him.
1) Michael’s favorite store was the Salvation Army.
2) Michael personally paid for the funeral of a Chicago shooting victim
3) Michael’s daughter, Paris, is named so due to a bet he had with Kathy Hilton. “Whoever has a daughter first names her Paris.” Thus we have Paris Hilton and Paris Jackson.
4) Michael’s “second family” were the Cascios… here he is giving free advertising for their Italian restaurant.
3) In their book, “Defending a King,” Michael’s former bodyguards tell a heartwarming story of when he pulled into a vacant lot in a limousine and handed out handfuls of $100s to homeless people
4) Lisa Marie Presley (who was married to Michael in the early 90s) bragged to her friends that Michael was a freak in bed, and loved standing up, roleplay, and was even a screamer.
5) Related: the 45th President allegedly has a tape of them having sex in one of his hotels
6) Michael’s 2nd wife, Debbie Rowe, was a nurse in his dermatologist’s office, and knew him for several years before she agreed to have his kids. Despite the rumors, she publicly tweeted once that they naturally conceived their children.
7) It’s well-known to Michael’s close friends that he lost his virginity to Diana Ross in the early 80s
8) Michael’s late friend, former husband of Liza Minelli, David Gest, said he had to take care of Michael several times after he got really drunk and started throwing up everywhere
9) Michael was best friends with Ryan White, a boy famous for contracting AIDS and spearheading the movement in the 1980s. He dedicated the song and video “gone too soon” for him.
10) Corey Feldman was friends with Michael for many years and remains to be one of his biggest defenders. He publicly admitted to being sexually abused by a producer, and alleges that Hollywood is full of pedophiles, but that Michael never did anything to him.
11) Michael was also good friends with Emmanuel Lewis of Webster fame.
12) Michael was a Jehovah’s Witness for most of his life and still went door to door during the height of Thriller, although in disguise
13) Michael loved going out in disguise because he could fool just about anyone, including his own family… this is from his brother Jermaine’s book “you are not alone”
14) Michael’s taste in women included: French women, Black/Asian biracial women, women from the Middle East, and Japanese women. The biological mother of Blanket, his 2nd son, was a nurse who was part Italian, part Mexican.
15) Michael once asked Katie Couric on a date, but she turned him down because she was dating someone else at the time
16) MICHAEL LOVED BEYONCE
17) Michael’s favorite meal was fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans, and this dish was served almost daily at the Neverland cafe
18) Michael obsessively chewed Bazooka Bubblegum, and was in fact buried with some.
19) Michael allegedly tried pot after Barry Gibbs told him it enhanced creativity
20) Michael loved reading about Eastern religion, and was good friends with Deepak Chopra
21) Michael did several commercials for Pepsi, but he never drank it. This photo is also from his brother’s book and was taken backstage at the 1984 Victory tour.
22) Although hotly debated in the fan community, here is Michael in a secret recording (called the Glenda tapes) in which he mentions to a close friend that he had anorexia
23) Michael also suffered from Discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE), which made it hard for him to heal after suffering third degree burns in 1984.
24) Michael sustained a severe back-sprain during a special concert in Munich in 1999, in which he fell 50 feet from a platform onstage. Despite being in horrible pain, he finished the concert before passing out and being rushed to the hospital.
25) Michael almost died from a stomach illness in 1995
26) Michael experienced an earthquake at his Neverland Rach in 1993, and called a friend panicking that it was the apocalypse
27) Michael is purported to have contacted medium Bonnie Vent after his death in 2009, and gave details which she verified with the help of Brooke Shields. (I’ve personally spoken to her, she’s legit)