Entry 18. This actually came to me this morning, when I was rudely awakened by the roofing people tearing up the roof. For some reason I was tired, cranky, and sleepy. And I had watched Strange Magic maybe 2 days ago, and then THIS happened. This is the result of tonight’s livestream. Thanks to @frozenmusingsreference tutorial on drawing the Bog King.
While the movie was charming, I liked it as a guilty pleasure, but it could have been better. Actually, my brother really liked how I drew these 2, and now we both think Strange Magic would’ve been much better animated in 2D. THAT I would watch the heck out of. The only saving grace were these 2. These 2 are too cute.
Harry has dreamed of a world outside the tiny village of Holmes Chapel for as long as he can remember… a world full of magic and adventure and true love. It was nothing but a childhood dream, however, until an old family friend comes bearing word of a plot against Harry’s life and a very dangerous truth: Harry is the rightful heir to the crown and must embark on a perilous quest to reclaim his throne from the ruthless would-be King Simon. But in the end Harry will find himself fighting for more than a crown, and on the verge of losing something much more precious than his sovereign power. Because magic might be real, but life is not a fairy tale, and Harry is a prince up against a very big dragon.
Or: a medieval fantasy AU in which Harry is a prince in disguise and Louis is the king of the faeries.
Louis is ready for his brand new adventure. So what if he suffers from a genetic condition that prevents him from being touched? College is going to be awesome. It has to. Karma kind of owes him right now. Forget about his overprotective mother, or Liam– his entirely too chipper step brother– or his mess of a roommate. Forget about the gloves he has to wear at all times. He’s here to expand his knowledge, write and drown himself in books – No matter how distracting ‘Hallway Boy’ may be– The obnoxious, flirty frat wannabe determined to become the bane of Louis’ existence.
Or, a college AU set in San Francisco where two lost boys who seemingly have nothing in common find inspiration, each other, and themselves in the process.
Louis Tomlinson loves his life, he really does. It’s just that he’s constantly on the verge of everything completely going to shit. He’s disorganized and clumsy and hotheaded and just a little bit ridiculous.
And then he meets Harry Styles. Harry is the type of person Louis hates. It seems like everything comes easily to him. He’s rich and brilliant and everyone loves him and he has his life impossibly and perfectly together.
Louis detests Harry Styles. Except for the inconvenient fact that he can’t seem to get Harry out of his head.
Louis rides a BMX and works in a diner all the hours god sends to keep his little brother Alex with him. Since their parents died, Louis has become mother and father to his sibling but he’s missing out on love.
Harry is a motorcycle gang member with a mysterious past but his vulnerability soon becomes evident as the two men’s worlds collide.
Louis becomes embroiled in a more-dangerous way of living but he helps Harry finds what he’s been missing all along- a place to call home.
Lost in a dark woods and far from his familiar stomping grounds, Corbet put little stock in myths and legends of the Aos Sí. But when he is happened upon by a man claiming to be a faerie king, he finds that superstition holds more sway than logic among the Sidhe.
These sketches went a long with that big comic idea I had that I ended up scrapping. I decided I might as well show you guys for you own enjoyment. Maybe I’ll sketch a few more of the ideas i had.
Basically it went that Bog was summoned to the Boggart court, held once a year during all hallows eve when the veil is lifted. Every “Bog King” must attend. However, our Bog has refused to go for years because of some bad blood with the Cheif Goblin, Owd Hob. AKA Bog’s father. Marianne wants to meet him but Owd Hob hates fairies. So she must go in secret as Bog’s fake Goblin fiance. Shenanigans ensue.
After the Strange and Norrell affair, and the coincident return of magic to England
1. Every time the York Society convenes to study Vinculus, he insists on discomfiting them all by disrobing in a decidedly … sultry manner, involving lots of eye contact and visible tongue movement.
2. Having a mirror in your house is the height of risque recklessness. Lord Byron has one in every room, and five in the bedroom. It is not considered respectable for your house or your carriage to have clean windows. On mornings after rain, even the naturally antisocial look passers-by in the eye in greeting, rather than risk glimpsing a reflection in a puddle.
3. Bell Strange and Emma Wintertowne, the former Lady Pole, roam the continent investigating writings and sightings concerning Faerie. Others were imprisoned in Lost Hope; other faeries are surely abroad in England, making other bargains; and of course there’s Jonathan. Strange and Wintertowne have no intention of ever again being taken unawares. When eventually their quest takes them back to England, they’ll be prepared.
4. The Black King of Lost Hope observes their escapades through fountains and rain, looking forward to the day they find their way back to him; though he knows it will be, in the main, to ask service of him again. He hasn’t yet decided what his answer will be.
5. Many an adventurer has entered the house of Gilbert Norrell seeking the truth about that day. Many are still missing. Those who return, return to some degree mad. It seems that, absent Mr Norrell’s tending, the labyrinth around the library is growing wild. Its twists and turns are said to echo with the flutter of ravens’ wings.
6. Slowly, subtly, John Childermass cedes his role as ambassador-convenor of England’s magical societies to Segundus and Honeyfoot, and returns to the shadows. Attempt to abuse English magic - to use it to harm, cheat or control others - to bring it, in other words, into disrepute once again - and you are wont to discover a scarred man in the nearest dark corner, glowering. Show contrition and he will simply direct you to your local society, where you may learn honour from your betters. Attack him, and he’ll do you the honour of teaching you a little lesson himself.
Harry has dreamed of a world outside the tiny village
of Holmes Chapel for as long as he can remember… a world full of magic
and adventure and true love. It was nothing but a childhood dream,
however, until an old family friend comes bearing word of a plot against
Harry’s life and a very dangerous truth: Harry is the rightful heir to
the crown and must embark on a perilous quest to reclaim his throne from
the ruthless would-be King Simon. But in the end Harry will find
himself fighting for more than a crown, and on the verge of losing
something much more precious than his sovereign power. Because magic might be real, but life is not a fairy tale, and Harry is a prince up against a very big dragon.
A medieval fantasy AU in which Harry is a prince in disguise and Louis is the king of the faeries.