Just because incompatible animals are not actively fighting one another or showing obvious signs of neglect does not mean they are not stressed.
There is no basic moral difference between housing incompatible / solitary animals together if they never ever not once fight or fight all of the time - both are wrong and unnecessary.
Actual, observable, physical, wounding fighting is the CLIMAX of stress, not the beginning.
Your incompatible animals are not “fine” if they do not fight. Fighting takes energy and is even more stressful, and a lot of times stress can even inhibit aggression. This does not mean the animals are not stressed in their situation.
You are not special or cool, you do not defy animal behavior and biology, if you are keeping solitary animals together they undoubtedly are experiencing stress. You choose to ignore how these animals live in nature or how they are bred to behave - how they are biologically programmed and should be kept in your home, without exception - and put their welfare at risk for your selfishness, with I’m sure very few and very rare exceptions. Guidelines and standards of care, including housing and cohabitation, are not based on a roll of dice. They exist to best replicate the animal’s natural environment where they are most suited to live and most comfortable in. The satisfaction of or neglect of those standards directly correlates to the animal’s health and well-being or lack thereof.
Stop putting your ego before what is best for the animals in your care.
but we'll be out where carrying the banner man to man, we're always out there soakin' every sucker that we can. here's the headline, newsies on a mission, kill the competition, sell the next edition. we'll be out there, carrying the banner, see us out there, carrying the banner, always out there, carrying the banner!
me an intellectual:
got a feelin' bout a headline, I smells me a headline, papes are gonna sell like we's was givin' 'em away, betcha dinner is a doozy, got a pistol packin' floozy, don't know any better way to make a newsies day. I was stakin' out the circus and then someone said that coney's really hot but when I got there, there was spot with all his cronies, so I'm gonna take what little dough I got and play the ponies, we's at least deserves a headline for the hours that they work us, geez I bet if I just stayed a little longer at the circus!
You know,when I have an injured knee & tell everyone I’m gonna take it easy then go on the stage-doing my thing,being my flawless & fabulous self,making people scream & Oh! most importantly SETTING A NEW WORLD RECORD,you know,just to be extra-I’m gonna be this fucking cool about it too
Saw a lot of these posts, decided to share my ideas.
Aliens already understand how tough and durable humans are; but imagine them finding out about special forces. Like that would be terrifying. A human that can eliminate a threat quickly and quietly, adapt to many different environments and seems to have no problem killing a threat.
Also competitive eating. The aliens are just like: “You eat and drink sometimes lethal amounts of sustenance? FOR SPORT?!”
- all seven of the losers would sign up for a class that literally no one else takes so they would have at least one class all together
- bev and richie take theatre all four years and bev heads up the costume and makeup crews and richie always gets comedic roles in the shows
- bill plays football and baseball, and mike plays football too, but the other losers are more hyped about football season. they come to every game and richie is a student section leader and flag boy
- one of the game’s student theme is jersey theme and stan wears bill’s letterman jacket
- stan runs for student council and all of the losers help with his campaign and he ends up winning
- richie and eddie have biology together and they sit in the back at the same lab table and richie doodles all over eddie ( @eddiekasp has a post abt this gO READ IT)
- all of the losers would come to every play and musical that richie is in and eddie brings him flowers and afterwards when they are taking pictures, eddie is CHEESING SO HARD
- stan plays on the baseball team for his sophomore and junior year with bill and they have so much fun. they throw the ball with each other during lunch while the other losers lounge near by and chat with them.
- eddie will always run lines with richie either for his auditions or the show itself and he always reads them without any voice inflection and it makes richie laugh
- they carpool with each other a lot
- they all have “study sessions” around finals which are really just them avoiding studying at all costs
- in the classes they have together, they have a system to help each other out with answers during tests through a series of foot taps and arm stretches
- ben runs track and bev comes to every meet and cheers for him the loudest
- ben convinced richie to join track because he has so much energy and eddie gets super happy that richie is doing something healthy
- richie comes home from every meet and practice so exhausted and he conks out all curled up next to eddie
- one day per semester they will have a skip day and drive into bangor for a fun time
- a dumb senior tries to pick a fight with richie on the first day of school one year and richie just turns around and lays that boy out in the middle of the cafeteria and no one messes with him for months
- richie and eddie skip class sometimes and bum around either the empty locker rooms or auditorium
- mike gets sick for like a straight week and the losers go see him every day after school and bring him food and his school work
- during pep rallies, richie is the one who leads all the cheers and he announces all of the football players in one of his big, booming voices
- everyone loves richie
- when it isn’t track season, ben takes part in model un and youth leg
- eddie is in HOSA and DECA and richie gets super sad when eddie has to leave for state/national competitions
- eddie also takes art and sketching class with bev and for one project he does a portrait of richie and it turns out AMAZING and richie sees it at Arts Night and tears up
- mike is super good at algebra and geometry and tutors for some extra cash
- one time the teacher left the room and richie called a pizza place and ordered lunch from the teacher’s phone then got detention
- bev is in debate club and she absolutely kills her competition with her quick wit and killer outfits
Since the competition has ended, and I - as I predicted - didn’t won shit, because I obviously suck at life and etc… I will post these pictures of Paxton I made. The point was to try and imitate other artists style. All of these ppl are comic artists. Names of the artists in the captions. The artists I like\enjoyed styles of - are the biggest pictures in the sets.