- crutchie is a pirate every single year and nobody can stop him
- jack is a cowboy (duh) but it’s super half assed. like 2 baseball caps on top of each other half assed
- davey doesn’t dress up but he makes damn well sure that the house is decorated to the max and that all the trick or treaters get 5 pieces of candy min
- he also tried giving healthy snacks one year but jack threw all of the apples away and then drove to the store in a rage
- the one time davey did do a costume he convinced jack to wear a couples costume and it just didn’t work very well
- SPOT AND RACE DO COUPLES COSTUMES SO HARD
- LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE YEAR
- EVEN BEFORE THEY WERE DATING
- spot only eats candy with peanut butter in it
- romeo likes to wear super elaborate face paint but can’t sit still for very long so jack (who, naturally, is doing the face paint) has him take candy breaks
- specs wears musical theatre costumes and he desperately wants SOMEONE to be the heathers with him
- “i’ll even be JD if someone can do veronica!!!!! please????!?!?!!!!”
- albert likes to dress up as inanimate objects?? his favorite costume so far was when he was a chair but no one else likes to talk about that year
- they all decided they were too old to go trick or treating their sophomore year in high school and crutchie cried for two hours until jack gave him all the sour patch kids in his bag
- katherine and sarah are always determined to outdo one another costume wise???????? and they both go super detailed and extreme but in the end they both laugh it off because they know the costumes won’t be on them later tonight ;))))
- they made this joke out loud once and davey almost threw up in the candy bowl
- and then jack made the same comment about them whilst winking at davey so sarah almost threw up in the candy bowl
- basically how the night really ends is everyone gets really drunk on hard cider except davey n crutchie but they get rly sleepy so everyone just ends up in a huge pile on the floor
- davey complains about finding candy wrappers in the strangest places for weeks
- “honestly. who put an almond joy in the back of this picture frame???”
My canon knowledge of Veritaserum is pretty rough so this is probably not how it works but the plot bunnies invaded and I had to write it anyway. Y’know because every fandom needs more Harry Potter AUs…*
Mainly Sprace with some Javid for good measure :)
When Davey and Jack sat down at the Ravenclaw table in the
Great Hall Davey looked terrified and exasperated and Jack looked smug. It
wasn’t actually that out of the ordinary for them so no one gave them a second
look until their whispered conversation could be overheard.
“You shouldn’t have done it. Jack, this is serious. You
could get expelled,” Davey hissed desperately, trying to keep his voice down so
no one would hear him. Jack had been an idiot but he didn’t actually want his
boyfriend to get kicked out of school.
“What did Jack do now?” Race asked, rolling his eyes. There
was never a shortage of things Jack had done that could be classed as stupid,
and a good third of them could probably get him expelled if the wrong person
found out about them.
Davey just shook his head, not wanting to repeat it, but
Jack himself grinned and leaned closer.
“So we were making Veritaserum in potions and ours was
perfect,” he started, sounding very proud of himself.
“No thanks to you,” Davey interjected.
Jack blew Davey a kiss in appreciation of his boyfriend’s
potions skills before continuing his story.
“They told us not to keep any, obviously, but…” Jack
withdrew a tiny vial from his pocket with only a few drops of what could have
been water in it. It was only about enough for one dose but that would still
get him in more trouble than anyone wanted to consider.