4CC Special Sports News in HEROS: (interview in Gangneung, Korea)
Translation of Yuzuru’s comments only:
1) (0’00” to 1’25”) Well, I am filled with frustrating feelings. But I think I was able to execute the FP performance relatively well, so I think I made some achievement. (As regards your earlier phrase of ‘real quads era’) Yes, both Nathan who was first and Uno who was third jumped a wide variety of quads and they both bravely challenged 3As, too. So I do feel that we have entered into a difficult era which demands difficult kinds of quads to be executed with a high quality. (It is a challenging era) but I am enjoying it :)
2) (6’40” to 7’05”) (At the K&C to Brian), yay, I managed to land 4 quads and two 3As!! (At the green room, Shoma said to Yuzuru that it was awesome and he was surprised.) Yeah, I did them for the first time; I had never done that even during practice, hee, hee!
3) (8’05” – 8’35”) (at the green room, after Nathan’s FP) Ahhh, I might not be able to beat that. Oh this makes me feel so nervous; the colour of the medal will change. I want gold, a gold medal, give me gold! (After Nathan was announced to be the winner) AAAAGGGHHHH!!!! (Walking towards backstage) it’s because of the popped salchow, popped salchow!!!
4) (8’55” – 13’26”) Yes, I do feel frustrated, but I have managed to execute two 4Ts in the second half for the first time as I attempted, which is an achievement. Also, I managed to keep my calmness at the same time of performing in line with the music, so I think that was a big achievement for me. (When did you think of changing the elements?) Well, so first, 4S (in the second half) became 2S. After doing a half-loop, I thought of challenging 4S (as a third jump of the combination) but I thought it’s a bit too difficult, so I didn’t. (The interviewer confirming what he said) Yes, indeed I did think of doing 4S (as the third jump), because I was able to do it during practice, so I was about to do it, but I didn’t. After that, I concentrated on the next 4T, then at (the next element which was) 3A+3T (though originally 2T), I was doing a practice to replace this (combination) with 4S, so it came to my mind if I should do it, but I didn’t. And after that, as for 4T+2T (which replaced the originally planned 3A+1L+3S), I found that I had some energy left, so I thought ‘oh let’s do 4T + 2T!’ and I did it. (So, you were thinking and changing right before jumping at one time) Yes, indeed, I felt several conundrum and wondered at each situation, and I had lots of reflection. I had to think of lots of things including the number of combinations or repetitions according to the rules, so it (changing so many elements during the performance) was the first trial for me, so I was skating with lots of thoughts. (At the end, you did 3A) yes, I was going to do 3Lz, but I noticed that I could jump 3A, so I did it as it seemed possible. Yes, so I was thinking one by one, while feeling the music, too, so I didn’t feel much difficulty and I think my breathing was stable during skating. (As for 4Lo), especially this time, I was able to land clean 4Lo both in SP and FP with high GOEs, so in this sense, it was such a big achievement. In addition, especially this time as well as the last time (probably GPF?), I think I was able to concentrate on every jump after executing the first 4Lo, especially in the FP. So the remaining task is for me to learn from every mistake I made during this SP and FP. (About 4S), Well, my condition for 4S is not bad; (but) this time at the competitions, I couldn’t land two 4Ss, so to be honest, I was about to lose my confidence (in 4S), and it made me wonder a bit. But I am able to execute it properly during practice, and my real ability has already mastered how to jump 4S. So, I think I should work harder towards the World while confirming (checking and working on each of his mistakes and problems) one by one. (About your PCS at 94.34), well, I think I could have done better. Because of the failure of 4S, my performance got ruptured, which I have to improve. That (4S) is one of the elements I could aim higher in terms of TES, too. (As for your rivals) Well, especially the multiplicity of quads and 3A of Nathan is a big thing. I myself have two 3As in the second half, but Nathan was not originally good at 3A, so in that sense, I am amazed with and admire his mental strength. (Finally as for the Worlds) I have already achieved a complete form of performances during practice, so I would like to increase the probability of executing such complete performances, so that I can execute perfect performances at the Worlds. (nodding :) )
5) (14’15” – 14’ 45”) (At the earlier press conference at the venue), I think I am getting better every year, and what I do has been getting harder and harder. I very much like this feeling that I am challenging my own limits. I think this silver medal is the one I have most enjoyed (as far as silver medals at 4CC are concerned). From now on, we have no idea who will challenge jumping 4Lz or 4F, and there is a possibility that someone will challenge 4A. So, I find the (current development of) the figure-skating so exciting, and I am looking forward to practicing even more.
6) (15’50” – 17’25”) (Do you have anything you have found as a pre-Olympic?) Yes, I do. It (the rink) was easy for me to jump, at a comfortable temperature, and the sound acoustic was quite good. So I feel it is a very good rink for me. (Are you even more excited?) Yes, I do have a strong desire that I would like to come back and skate here, by all means. (About yourself in 1 year’s time) I would like to become even stronger. Not only executing jumps, but also I would like to elevate the quality of 3A and quads. While doing so, I should do more performance, become more expressive, and improve the quality of each element. All these things. So, all in all, this competition has stimulated my desire to improve myself even more, in a good sense. (I feel your frustration as well as passion from you now) Yes, indeed, I am burning inside me :) (In terms of rivals) Of course, the existence of rivals counts, but I have frustrating feelings that my own performance was quite pathetic. So I would like to clear one (problem) at each time.
7) (30’55” – 31’45” ) (After his EX performance) It was such an awful exhibition performance. I did practise it, I was doing practice properly. Well, it’s a little hard (because of so many events with short intervals in a day). Now I realise that triple toeloop [he intentionally said slowly] is a difficult jump. I should have done 3F, which I did practice. OMG, this is awful, it haunts me a lot. My frustration with FP is gone. No, it’s OK; there is one more time, one more time, one more time; there is the Finale. (footage of gala: he did a 3T during gala finale)
8) (33’10” - end ) (Message to all fans) Thank you so much for all your cheers for me during this competition as well. From all of you who came to the venue, those cheering for me in front of the TV as well as those watching on internet, I received lots of lots of power. In terms of the final result, it ended up with being 2nd, but I feel that the reason why my FP was first is because of all your encouragement. I will continue to elevate my level and do my best from now on, so please keep cheering for me!
Translation by Sophie Moroi in YHIFG (thanks to Sophie for her permission to post this in my blog)
How are couple's relationship through all of this, you know like Christene and Jenna, Brooke and Chloe, and Rich and Jake ( If they are a couple), are the stressing and fighting or are they comforting each other?
Chloe: Jenna and Christine have been swaying to the shitty music and trying to keep calm. For the first hour Jenna was carrying her around and bouncing her like a baby to comfort her. Brooke: Chloe and I don’t really do tears much. We’ve been pretty tired and keeping Jenna’s network updated on Michael. Jake: Rich and I have an agreement. It’s new but we are dating casually now. We didn’t fight as friends so why would we fight now? Rich: It’s kina been a cuddle fest. They gave us all blankets and pillows and Jake and I are watching movies in a fort we built.
Harry: You haven’t moved from the spot you’ve been in for the past couple of hours, regardless of Harry’s attempts to distract you and comfort you. He knew it could take quite some time before you came back to your sense of self and in order to comfort you, he had sung to you, cuddled you and showed you affection, as well as put on your favourite films. Since you had both discussed the new scenarios you wanted to explore in the bedroom, Harry had done a lot of research to help him understand and recognise any warning signs during any sexual activity you both took part in. You had previously taken part in bondage together several times and you would occasionally use your warning word, signalling that it was getting too much, and Harry was quickly able to slow things down or change to the vanilla sex. He never begrudged you for it. His priority was, and always will be making you happy and keeping you safe. Today, however, you had both been role playing, something you went into open minded and you were such a good girl and he knew you wanted it so badly, because the dampness between your thighs told him so. He needed to punish his good girl. But fifteen minutes in and whilst you hadn’t used your safe-word, Harry was guilt-ridden, blaming himself for your subspace, something he had done vast amounts of research in. He had seen you drift away from him, and he had stopped his actions instantly. Nothing in the bedroom meant anything if you weren’t there with him emotionally, and he would never take advantage of that situation. He knew you had lost all sense of your surroundings and that he would be the one to bring you back to reality. He whispers sweet reassurances into your ear, wrapping his arms tightly around you and using his fingertips to circle your upper arm. “I’m sorry, baby” he murmurs softly. “Come back to me, darling. Please come back to me. I can’t lose you like this, princess. I need you to come back to me, to your Harry. I love you, baby.”
Liam: “Does it hurt?” he asks softly, gently biting his lip. He knows it seems like a silly question, but he wants you to answer it. You shrug slightly, and you know that Liam will know if you’re lying, so you decide to sugar coat the truth ever so slightly. “A little” you tell him. Liam shakes his head. “I am so, so sorry, darling.” He takes a look at your body, noting the injuries including cuts and sores. He skims his thumb gently over them, before lowering his lips to each of them and pressing soft kisses to them. “Want to make them better” he murmurs against them. “What can I do to make it better?” he asks and tears pool in your eyes. It wasn’t so much the pain, it was the intensity and that frightened you. It was the first time you had experienced something so intense and whilst you enjoyed it, it was a little overwhelming. “Come here” he murmurs softly, pulling your petite frame into him. “I am really, really sorry, darling” he whispers into your hair, pulling the duvet over you both to cover your naked bodies. Intertwining them for as much physical contact, you press a quick kiss to Liam’s cheek before shaking your head and sniffling. “It just scared me” you tell him honestly. “It’s never been like that before. It’s never been so full on and intense. I enjoyed it. I don’t want you thinking otherwise. It was maybe just” you pause as Liam completes your sentence. “Too much?” he asks as you nod. “I really am sorry, darling. Next time, we’ll take it slower, yeah? You said you enjoyed it, so we’ve figured what we both actually like in the bedroom, but we’ll take it easier next time, yeah? And maybe we’ll put a safe-word in place, just in case?” he suggests as a precaution and you let out a breathy laugh, but you agree, knowing it will be a good idea to do so, to avoid the events repeating themselves in the future.
Louis: You whimper the safe-word, unable to take anymore and you’ve held off for as long as you possibly can but it becomes too much. It’s intense and unbearable. You can normally withstand so much and today had been no different. You were getting so much pleasure from Louis doing so many things but the repeated orgasms were becoming intense, tiring and draining, both physically and emotionally. The moment the word escapes your lips, no matter how quiet or loud, whether it’s whispered, cried and shouted, Louis can sense it and he knows. He quickly stops his actions and unties the restraints around your wrists and ankles. Slowly sitting you up on the bed, he grabs his discarded shirt from the floor and wraps it around you, giving you some dignity. “Ok darling” he whispers softly as you sob into his chest. He snakes his arms tightly around you, pressing kisses into your hair and whispering reassuring words. “You’re ok baby, I’ve got you. It’s all finished. Good girl” he murmurs softly against you. “Intense, huh?” he questions, and whilst he doesn’t want to push you to talk about it so soon, he needs to know that he hasn’t hurt you or done anything against your will. He’s relieved when you nod at his question, and he knows he can cope with the comedown of the intensity of the acts. “You hurt?” he quickly asks in confirmation. Once again, he breathes a sigh of relief when you shake your head against him. The sobs begin to subside as he starts to sing to you softly, and you subconsciously begin humming along. “Better?” he asks in a whisper when there are no more tears left to cry and you are no longer visibly shaking against him. You nod and he encourages you to lay down beside him. The rest of the evening is spent with Louis at your side, watching movies of your choice and him occasionally asking if you’re ok.
Niall: “There you go, darling” he whispers softly, placing the hot mug of tea in front of you. He sits beside you on the sofa and he snakes his arm around your waist. “Want to talk to me?” he asks. You shake your head, refusing. He softly chews his lip and nods in understanding. “Whenever you want to talk about it, I’m here, ok? But please know, I will never, ever judge you for using your safe-word, ok? Sex is something that we should both be enjoying together. That safe-word is in place for either of us if we feel out of our depth. There’s bound to be things both of us are uncomfortable with which is why we decided to explore, right?” he asks and you quickly nod, feeling slightly embarrassed about the situation and thus avoiding eye contact. “If there’s anything you don’t like, or you’re unsure about, then use your safe-word. I am never going to hold it against you or be annoyed at you for it, baby. Surely you know that? I respect you and love you far too much. This relationship isn’t just built on sex. it’s based on love and trust and mutual respect, yeah?” Tears pool in your eyes. “I’m sorry” you whisper. “I’m sorry I let it go so far before saying anything but you seemed to enjoy it and I didn’t want you to be annoyed. I am really sorry” you murmur apologetically. Niall pulls your shaking body into him, your perfume lingering on the collar of his shirt which you’re wearing. “You have nothing to apologise for, ok? But you understand now, right? It’s so, so important for you to use that word, ok?” Silence fills the room as you sit comfortably in his embrace, your head resting on his naked chest, and his hand caressing your hair. “Right” Niall pipes up, interrupting the silence. “I think we should finish the night with junk food and a movie, and I think you should choose what we watch, yeah?”
Zayn: You had spent nearly two hours sobbing into Zayn’s chest and whilst at times he was able to calm you down, you were unable to completely forget what had happened and when the experience replayed in your head, it had made you cry even harder. Tears had pooled in Zayn’s eyes, the experience now becoming traumatic for him as he watches you go through overwhelming emotions after the intensity of the sex you had both had. “Baby baby baby” he quickly hushes, his arms tightly around you and his lips peppering your face with kisses. The gentle music playing in the background occasionally calms you, as does Zayn’s reassuring words and whisperings into your ear. “Breathe for me, darling, just breathe” he keeps reminding you. You eventually calm down, a variety of the gentle background music, Zayn’s singing, the close physical contact and reassuring whispers pulling together to remind you that you’re safe and with Zayn. “That’s it darling, good girl” he begins gently, before asking you the question he’s dreading the answer to. “Why didn’t you safe-word?” he asks softly, not wanting to upset you further. “That word is there for a reason, darling. I know I can read your body most of the time, but I couldn’t earlier. It was as though you had completely zoned out on me, darling” he tells you, emotion thick in his voice. “Did I” he pauses, his voice quivering. You grip his hand tighter, knowing what he’s going to ask. You quickly shake your head. “No Zayn, you didn’t hurt me. It was just overwhelming. I don’t want to do that again” you whisper softly, closing your eyes in embarrassment. He cups your cheek. “Darling, I don’t want to do that again either. I’m never having that happen to you again, I’m not losing you like that. Even if you beg me to do it, it’s never going to happen” he reassures you. “This is something we both need to enjoy, ok? You have to trust that I would never, ever hurt you, but I need to know that I can trust you in using your safe-word in the future. Can you do that for me, princess?”
As you get older (high school and college) more of your friends and classmates will have anxiety. They might not really recognize it, they may just feel like they have nervous energy or get stressed.
If you bring a stim toy with you to school/hanging out, you will not be judged. Everyone will want a turn, I guarantee. How do I know? This has happened to me on SO MANY occasions. It’s becoming really popular right now to have a fidget toy, like those cube things. Most people I know love to mess around with them, and they have so much stress too that all you have to say is that it helps you to keep calm cause you get anxiety and bam! Instant relatability. People totally understand being stressed in general. You don’t have to go into specifics about your diagnosis or your neurodivergence, cause they probably won’t follow anyway. Just say it’s for anxiety and offer them a chance to try it out. They might end up wanting one for themselves! Just be sure to say you need it back soon or they might walk off with it, sometimes to show other people.
But seriously, don’t feel bad about your stim toys. Even the chewy necklaces and stuff (though I wouldn’t share those lol). Tons of people bite their nails or chew on stuff, just say you do that and are trying to stop by replacing it with the necklace. When in doubt, look to their natural responses and find something common that relates to your stim. For instance, I stim by singing when I drive. I tell people it just distracts me and keeps me calm, and I try to play music that they know so they can sing too! People love shit like that.
🛁 Purpose: To protect yourself from saying dumb stuff you’ll end up regretting later. Inspired by the song “Soap” by: Melanie Martinez
🌟1. Take your toothbrush and toothpaste and hold them in both of your hands. Charge them with a cleansing white light, visualizing them becoming tools with abilities to help cleanse your mouth from any word vomit you’re used to. Say the following:
“Uh-oh there it goes,
I’ve said too much it overflowed.
Why do I always spill?
I feel it coming out my throat
Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap.
God I wish I never spoke.
Now I gotta wash
My mouth out with soap.”
🌟2. Brush your teeth and visualize yourself being protected from any future convo mistakes. Then put the lip gloss on to add as a helpful “seal”.
🌟3. Keep an amethyst on you to keep you always calm for times you have to talk with others.
My first imagine! This is gonna be a list of headcanons for all the guys comforting their s/o, since I could say we all need some comfort after that election… But, anyway, this is the first half of the guys, McCree, Genji, Hanzo, Reaper and 76 (also, I’m not including Torb, Winston or Bastion, please don’t request them), and I will do the girls after. Enjoy!
It’s almost like he can sense when you’re sad or scared, even if you try to hide it, and he’ll be there to cuddle for as long as you want (maybe longer, he loves cuddling you) in a second!
If the problem he a person, you bet your ass he’s gonna find them and scare them off with his Peacekeeper, if they don’t already recognize him as a notorious bounty hunter. No one hurts his s/o’.
If you wanna cuddle though, he’s already on the couch or bed or wherever with a hot drink and your favorite show playing.
You’ll how to teach him how to make good tea though, he lives off of coffee!
You’ll defiantly be wrapped up in his serape, cuddled into his side or on his lap, metal arm rubbing soothing circles in your back, as he hugs you close to him with his human one.
“I know you’re upset, darlin’, this calls for the comfort serape!”
If you don’t wanna talk about it, sure, however if you do, he’ll listen intently, and reassure constantly.
Makes jokes here and there to try to get you to cheer up. He can’t stand seeing you sad and he’ll try to get you back to a happy state as fast as he can with humor and cheesy pet names.
He might sing for you, with some convincing, and he turns out to have an amazing voice, all gruff and low, but comforting, and his accent makes it even more charming.
And of course you get lots of kisses, forehead kisses, cheek kisses, kisses on the back of the hand, like a gentleman (his words), kisses everywhere! The first thing he’ll do when he sees you crying is wipe away your tears and shower your face with kisses!
By the end of the day, you’ve probably fallen asleep on him with him humming a song or the tv playing softly in the background, and will wake up feeling much better with your cheesy cowboy to comfort you!
Hanzo is a professional assassin, so it doesn’t take him long to notice that something is wrong, if you haven’t told him.
The problem is that he’s bad with actually helping people with their emotions, and facing his own.
Someone help this grown man who acts like an angsty teen when it comes to feelings. The nervous dragon boyfriend loves you, he’s just bad at saying that!
So he might avoid the situation for a bit, but by the end of the day, when you’re all alone in your room and alone with him, he’s right by your side to listen and do whatever you ask of him.
Without you asking, he gets some warm tea and puts on relaxing music, relying on his methods to keep calm when an entire yakuza empire was resting on his shoulders.
He has you sit down, and cuddles without hesitation. He isn’t touchy in public, and likes to act steely and tough, but he loves cuddling with you, and cherishes moments when you get to spend time together.
He talks about the problem much more maturely than McCree and his brother, focusing on listening to you and reassuring you that you’ll be okay, you can get through anything.
Lots of terms of endearment, stuff like “my blossom”, “beloved”, little phrases like “love”, “flower” and “heart” in Japanese. He loves to see you get flustered when you don’t know what they mean.
You’ll get lots of kisses on the top of your head and forehead while you talk, and he whispers and nickname or a small “I love you” against your hair.
Has you go to sleep a little early, he thinks getting a lot of rest always helps, especially if you’re stressed out and will gladly stay with you in the morning.
Again, he’s a ninja and assassin, so he can easily tell when you’re upset, but he knows how to handle much better than his brother.
He might wait to approach you, if he thinks you need some time to yourself, but if he thinks something’s really wrong, he goes to comfort you right away.
And gets you whatever you want- food, a drink, your favorite movie or music, he’s already gotten everything for you so you don’t have to lift a finger.
If it’s a person that’s bothering you, he’s sure to take note, and if they continue, he easily scares them away with a flash of his shurikens and adept stealth skills.
But, he makes sure to stay with you, hugging you close to him while you cuddle on your couch or bed, and kisses you constantly for reassurance (and because you’re adorable when you blush.)
Listens the whole time you talk, he tries to help you solve the problem if you ask him for advice, but it’s mostly jokes and rambling about how much he loves you.
Lots of compliments, reminding how amazing you are, even if that’s not the problem.
This cyborg just really loves you, and he’ll keep on reminding you of that while he cuddles you, warming up his body to a comfortable temperature for you to snuggle into.
Expect massages too, to help you forget about whatever happened and help you relax.
Reaper pretty good with reading emotions- you have to be as a military commander and an assassin, so he can tell when something’s wrong most of the time.
But he’s also not the best at actually addressing it, and he is a little bit colder than he would be before his “death”.
That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care though, he’s not heartless and he really does love you, so of course, he’ll be there to help you through hard times.
If it’s a person bothering you well… you probably won’t have to deal with them, whether it be citizen or Talon agent. That doesn’t mean he’ll defiantly kill or hurt them, but they defiantly won’t go near you again.
At the end of the day, expect him to come to see you, and stay for as long as you need, he’s not the heartless asshole people make him out to be.
He’ll cuddle if you want to, but defiantly won’t be as clingy as the others.
He will run a hand through your hair and rub your back though, making sure to remove his claw gloves, or be careful with them as always.
Listens as you talk, dropping little comments as you go, some of them being threats if you mention a person, but hey, it’s because he loves you.
His words aren’t as sweet as McCree or Hanzo’s, but he does have little pet names for you, mostly endearments in Spanish, and he makes sure to remind how much he loves you, or how great you are if you start to doubt yourself.
Always removes his mask around you, cause he trusts you and loves you enough to let you see this monster he thinks he is.
Not the best at reading emotions, even if he is a soldier, and you probably could convince him that you’re not upset, but he notice eventually, and probably get made at himself for not helping sooner.
He’s a grumpy old man sometimes, but it’s obvious that he loves you, and he makes sure to comfort you whenever he thinks something is wrong.
Like McCree, he sits you down and puts on your favorite stuff on tv, wrapping you up in a blanket and cuddling close. He wants to make sure you’re comfortable.
Normally, he’s not a big fan of cuddling for a long time, but he will if it makes you happy.
He wears his visor of normally when he’s around the old Overwatch team, but with you, he just feels a lot more comfortable, and not as ashamed of his scars.
And in return he reminds how much he loves you, and how beautiful and caring you are when you’re done talking.
He wants to help you solve the problem, but when you’re sad, his main concern is getting you happy again through compliments and kisses!
Rubs your back and might give you a massage, he just wants you to forget about whatever happened and cheer up, cause he hates seeing you sad.
Tries to help you sleep too, as he usually sleeps stuff off when he’s upset, and makes sure to stay with you, and shower you with love again in the morning.
Monsta X Reaction #28 - Their s/o has breathing problems and starts to feel pain in their lungs
A/N: So there are absolutely no serious gifs for Monsta X (at least none that fit this reaction too well) and I’M SO SORRY ANON!! (Tysm for requesting this though, I hope you like it regardless.)
Hyunwoo: Worried papa bear.
He insists that you go to the hospital IMMEDIATELY and that he drive you, letting you listen to the radio as loudly as you wanted to if it helped to distract you. He sits there with you the entire time waiting for the doctor, not showing just how worried he is except for his constantly cracking his neck. He holds your hand, jokes around with you, and generally makes you feel better until it’s fixed.
Hoseok: He’s probably the most emotional member, and this will show in his panicked state. He holds your hand, rubs your arms/shoulders, and keeps asking him what you need him to do. If/when you go to the doctors, he can’t stop pacing and asks if the doctor is on his way every 3 minutes. you have to tell him yourself to calm down most likely, and once it’s over, he stress cries because he thought he was going to loose you.
I performed my very first spell/ritual. Even better, I made it myself rather than referring to others. I feel very proud, and this is a major milestone for me as a witch, even though this ritual was small.
This was a calming ritual, in which I used amethyst (for anxiety) and objects that help keep me calm in my mundane life. While playing some soothing music, I lit the candles and meditated, letting myself relax and channel my calm energy into the spell, so that in my future I can remain calm and keep myself from being stressed.
(sorry, Im not good at explanations)
Honestly I got so much support for my first one, I’m speechless. Thank you all so much.
More angst, some fluff. I just love my large, adult hockey son okay?
Word count: 1,685
Song suggestion of the day: I negate by Seoul
I honestly believe the sun envies him.
Auston hadn’t spoken to you at all since the Jets game, giving you the sinking feeling that he was ignoring you. You certainly weren’t doing the same to him, at least not any longer. Miscommunication made you agitated, and that was certainly what it had to be, for you could reach no other conclusion for his rather odd behaviour. Having some time to yourself had allowed you to cool off and view the situation without so much emotion. You were no longer annoyed with the American teenager, more like confused. The whole situation shouldn’t have escalated into something this big, the whole thing had to be some sort of misinterpretation. The only way to solve it would be to confront him directly. That was easier said then done. You hadn’t had the opportunity to watch another game in person; so, for the last couple of weeks, you had been forced to resort to watching it at home where your only company was a large bowl of pretzels and Steph’s “wish-you-were-here’ snapchats. You had tried texting Auston a couple of times to send your congratulations or stating your need to talk, but so far you’d received no reply.
To say the least, you were pleasantly surprised when you received a text from Mitch, informing you that Auston would swing by and pick you up before the game. Seizing this as an opportunity to finally corner the No. 1 draft pick and straighten out this whole mess, you readily agreed.
Auston didn’t even bother to get out of the car, so it was lucky that you happened to be waiting inside by the door when he pulled up. Taking a deep breath to calm yourself, you strode forward and climbed into the passenger seat. Your heart was pumping out an erratic, nervous rhythm in your chest and you swore you were sweating like crazy. The boy had managed to set your nerves on edge without uttering a word; and for someone who had never seen him properly angry, you were absolutely terrified of pissing him off. Unsurprisingly, the drive to collect Mitch was done so in an uncomfortable silence. The American was gripping the wheel so tight that his knuckles were whitening but he hardly seemed to notice this, keeping his gaze fixed firmly on the road ahead. He remained like this for the rest of the trip, even with the arrival of Mitch and the smaller boy’s questionable music taste. With no Steph to keep him calm, the Canadian had been talking your ear off ever since he got into the car, that was until Auston had snapped at him to shut it. The silence had only settled for a moment before Mitch was plugging his phone into the car’s stereo system.
“Mitchell,” You warned, warily as you sent a glance Auston’s way, really not wanting to make things worse. Keeping a completely straight face, Mitch looked you dead in the eye and mouthed “my anaconda don’t” with timing so perfect that it would have been a crime not to laugh. Auston saw this in the corner of his eye, but Mitch was the only one to catch the slight curve that flickered in the corners of his mouth at your laughter. The smaller boy beamed victoriously, attention fluttering between your laughter and Auston’s attempt to hide his smile. This only lasted for a moment though, and another suffocating silence returned to the car. One that not even Mitch’s extensive selection of Nicki Manaj could heal.
Ways to Cheer Yourself Up (When wanting to be alone) - 50 top things to do
1. Go ON Tumblr, believe it or not, we don't care where you're from, what you do, how you're being you, as long as you are being you, you're pretty much welcomed on here. That's why i love it. Unless of course you are homophobic or judgemental or ignorant - then the people will speak for themselves, we look out for each other here.
2. Read Books; escapism is a wonderful thing
3. Listen to music; and no - not the sad, 'ALL BY MYSELF' type music, but the kickass songs like 'I will Survive' or 'Loser Like Me' just celebrate yourself for being awesome, because we know you are; even if others don't; especially then actually.
4. Become your own superhero. Every single one of you have a talent or a dream. Follow up on that talent/dream. YOU ARE WORTH IT, and you can be whoever you want to be.
5. DISNEY MOVIES. Unless you absolutely hate bursting out into song - better cut of highschool musical and glee while were at this, then Disney is the best pick me up ever.
6. Watch your favourite TV shows. Remind yourself why life can be awesome. Watching your fav characters usually means you can relate to them.
7. Go on walks - it's very pretty outside, and sometimes our heads can be overloaded with information or stress, I advise calming music and a nice walk outside in comfortable clothes.
8. Have a diary. A friend of mine recently bought me one, and it's a godsend because all the anger, or emotions I feel, I try to put in the diary rather than putting it out on others. It also calms you down. I feel better when I write.
9. Speaking of writing...if you enjoy it- WRITE. Writing is a wonderful way to escape. You can put all your emotions into your characters and they just come to life. I tend to do that when I'm stressed.
10. If writing is not your thing then bake. I've actually ironically read in a fan fiction where a character would bake when stressed and try out new recipes, this character tried making butterbeer; maybe be adventurous; have a food blog or something to keep you occupied.
11. Be With Your Pets - Pets are loyal creatures, and they love you, even when you're being a pain in the ass, and I hear they're very good listeners.
12. Now I don't know about you, but I LOVE Musicals. If you are a musical fanatic like me and you're feeling a little down, my dears; listen to those awesome voices, because sometimes we just - need - a break (Also, if you haven't watched RENT, watch it - NODAYBUT TODAY...or Starkid...Starkid make the most funniest musical parodies, even if you don't like musicals I suggest it, and if you're not enjoying their YouTube Channel, then I'll eat my own hat).
13. ASK ME ANYTHING. If you really want to talk to somebody but you don't want to talk to people you know and you just want to get things out, my ASK box is always open.
14. Find a hobby. If you don't really want to talk to anybody, that's okay, sometimes we need to just have some 'me time'. In my me times, I usually deactivate from Facebook, and just focus on things that make me happy. Like; Puzzles, Sudoku, Games, writing, cooking, singing, whatever it is...travelling even. Enjoy yourself.
15. Travel. Maybe being stuck in the same place is the problem, maybe you're head wants to be in a place where it can ACTUALLY THINK.
16. Go Hiking. I suppose Hiking is similar to walking but if you're an outdoor person, this is a great way to clear your head and to feel fresh.
17. Hit The Gym. Or even do your own exercises. I like to walk - do crunches, and I love Zumba. I love dancing. If you love being active, this is also another way to clear your mind from negative things.
18. GO SEE A MOVIE!!! When was the last time you had fun? Even if it's just by yourself. You're allowed to treat yourself. Go, enjoy, be surrounded by people, even if they're strangers.
19. If you like coffee, treat yourself for one at a local cafe. Who knows, you might meet your coffee soulmate in a cafe one day.
20. STOP thinking Negative. Have a Pros/Cons List. Try not to outweight the Pros list with the Cons. Please?
You are good enough.
21. Write down a bucket List, and start ticking them off. Having goals and dreams is healthy. If you have dreams, then you have a direction of where you're going.
22. Get help. It's okay, if you're head is in a really bad place to reach out to people. It really is okay.
23. Help others. If you're not sure what to do with yourself at all, be useful to other people less fortunate than you. Volunteer! Work with Charity, Feed the homeless, help the guide dogs association.
24. Smile more. It looks good on you, believe me. Spend time with your guilty pleasures, my guilty pleasure is binge watching glee
25. Please DO NOT go to a pub to drink to ease your mind, if you are going to do that, do it with a friend, or somebody close.
26. Eat Chocolate. Okay yes while society says NO DON'T EAT THE FATTY FOOD. Hey; screw them. If you feel better eating a bit of junk go for it. There's nothing wrong with eating a whole pizza or tub of ben and jerry ice cream when feeling upset - just try not to make TOO much of a habit :
27. REBLOG YOUR FOLLOWERS POSTS, you might be surprised that you aren't the only one feeling the way you're feeling, you might be surprised by how much you're forgetting that hey - it's gonna be alright.
28. Do something nice for your neighbour. Ah who knows, have you ever actually talked to them? Maybe they might be lonely too.
29. Have a GAMES Night. A very good friend of mine loves Games. If You LOVE Games, then hell have a marathon of them. Play the sims, be in control.
30. Speaking of marathons...dun dun dun - MOVIE MARATHON, I Don't Know About You Guys, But Having A Harry Potter Movie Marathon always cheers me Up. WITH FOOD Of course, and good company, but this is about cheering yourself up, so if you don't want company, that's okay.
31. Draw. I love drawing too. I suppose I'm more of the creative person. There are a lot of different types of people out there, maybe you like solving things - do those fancy cube things Idk what they're called. If you are like my brother and you love Maths, then maybe you can tutor someone. On one hand you're helping someone, and doing something you like doing, just like I'm drawing because I like drawing.
32.Be with kids. believe it or not, kids are the most innocent little munchkins, and they honestly don't care what you look like, if you play hide and seek with them they'll be thrilled, so long as you're nice to them, they're generally nice to you... but be warned, they tell it how it is too. I talk a bit different. The most popular thing they've said to me was "Is that why you talk funny, because of the things in your teeth?" (They've also never really seen braces before) I even had one kid determined to get me to sing 'Everything is awesome' I'll never forget that because this kid clearly didn't care how I sounded, and just wanted me to sing with her. I felt great.
33. If you're into Fairy Tales, Please Please Read Chris Colfer's The Land Of Stories series 1-4. It's an amazing series, and you almost forget what world you're in once you start reading. Plus, there's more coming (I'm a little excited)
34. Watch Pixar Movies. You can't go wrong.
35. GO TO HOGWARTS. Harry Potter Fan? Visit - Platform 9 3/4s in London, or go to the Harry Potter World, or if you can't actually visit these sites, go on Pottermore.
36. Read Fan Fiction, you might not be a harry potter fan, but whatever fandom you are in, believe me sometimes Fan Fictfion Cheer me up. I adore Glee *Don't Judge Me* and Dalton is the best thing ever. Or Little Numbers...or Both. They cheer me up big time.
37. Role play. If you like superheroes or characters, go be with the crowd. I believe they have events like Comic Con, and on Facebook they even have Events for such things, go be with strangers! So long as it's safe of course.
38. Write a letter to the person who inspires you most and send it. You might be surprised by an answer.
39. Pick up your instrument. Don't ignore your musical talent if you do have a musical talent. Remember, you're worth it. I don't care what you've done. Pick, It Up.
40. Maybe go visit your family? I know this is about 'quality me time' but if you haven't seen your family in such a long time or are at a distance. Maybe being surrounded by something familiar is what you need.
41. Change Careers. If you're not enjoying what you're doing or studying, change it. I remember in highschool a teacher said you might change your job 10 - 12 times before getting it right. It'okay, you just haven't found where you're meant to be yet.
42. Enter a competition - Who knows what will come from it, take risks.
43. If you're a risk-taker, challenge yourself. IDK how you're going to do that, but google has some pretty good answers. Even ask your tumblr followers, they follow you for a reason after all.
44. Go on a boat. Go Fishing! I don't know, it's not my thing, but if you like fishing, then hell - go out there and fish.
45. Find time for yourself, are you working too much? Maybe you are working too much. You know life doesn't stop for nobody, and if you keep pushing yourself so hard, time will go so fast and you won't realise how much of that time you could have spent on your own self.
The world is not going to end if you treat yourself.
46. You ARE Good Enough. Listen to my words. Sometimes encouragement is all we need, when people feel hopeless, or like everything's gone wrong. It's gonna be okay. I promise, just hang in there.
47. Write Down Quotes that Inspire You. I have a wall of these, and of people that inspire me too, and it reminds me of the good things in life when I'm in a crappy mood.
48. Find something to do. If you're not doing anything, go take up a course, research things that interest you, you might be surprised by what comes from it. Join a community that enjoys doing things you do.
49. Go To The Beach - If you live in Australia like me, visiting the beach is actually really calming and me and my best friend always would go on a random drive, and drive up to a beach or a look out, and it was always calming. Enchanting too sometimes. Maybe we forget about the place we live in, and what's exciting about the place. If you're in New York, visit Broadway or The Statue Of Liberty, or if you're in London, go to the London Bridge, or the Eye, visit the Eiffel Tower if you're in Paris...just go Anywhere.
50. Take a random journey. Go on a train to somewhere new, go on a road trip. You never know what's around the corner.