au where odin died instead of frigga?
a better u tbh. okay so
- Frigga is much less with the “WE WILL FIGHT TO THE LAST MAN ON ASGARD” thing and much more with the “let’s take the fight to fucking malekith and burn his ass to the ground for murdering my husband (oh yeah and save the world) so she probably walks right in on Thor making his plans with his friends and is like “okay son before you go committing treason let me tell you a thing” and this renders that whole illegal escape thing moot so there’s that
- Loki gets the news about Odin being dead and is totally like “haha whatever I hated that guy anyway good riddance good job me on steering that beast right to him, two dads down well did Loki” but then as he sits in his cell and stews for a while he starts to be like “shit but…this means I never got to prove him wrong about me. that sucks. I wanted to Show Him goddammit I should’ve been the one to kill him probably” and then a little more time passes and he’s like “fuck Odin’s dead??? like really dead?? nah not possible he’s probably playing a trick on me to see what I’ll do haha I’m not going to fall for it” and then a little longer and it’s like “…shit, Odin’s dead” and that’s when he falls apart because his daddy is dead and that is not what he wanted which Loki (being Loki) did not realize until literally right then.
- Frigga gets mega-involved in the planning thing and is like “what the hell, Thor, what do you mean you’re just going to smash the Aether with your hammer do you think that’s going to work” and Thor is like “well I didn’t have any other ideas” and Frigga is like “what about putting it back in the box it came from, huh?” and Thor is like “we-ell that would be ideal but for that we’d need a very powerful mage and you’re the Queen of Asgard now and - oh mother you are not” and Frigga is like “yes, yes I am”
- FAMILY REUNION!!! down in the cell block and Loki pretends to be all gloating and awful and Thor is like “don’t pull this shit with me” and Frigga just stands there with her arms crossed until Loki drops the act and there are tears. and probably hugs. this is my AU I can do what I want
- So uh then there is epic Jane+Thor+Loki team up and I cannot decide how this one ends because a part of me is like “if you actually kill Loki that would make a really good narratively satisfying arc” but the other part of me is like “noooooo not my baby *clutches protectively*” but either way Frigga is alive and Queen of Asgard and nobody commits any treason and Loki does not end up on the throne of Asgard pretending to be his father at the end.
I am a master of plot. Hire me to write Thor 3 Marvel, there will be 1000% more tears and family arguments, 1000% less drawn out fight scenes, and Frigga will be back from the dead without any explanation because fridging women is dumb.