Here is my list of the Ten Worst Moview of All-Time
1. Master of Disguise (2002) – A Dana Carvey Flop. His character was called “Pistachio Disguisey” That pretty much sums it up right there. And what the Hell was Adam Sandler thinking of? He was the executive Producer of the movie. For a guy who is supposed to have a great sense of comedy, he was way off base on this one.
2. Daddy Day Camp (2007) – See my review on this blog: http://steveboss.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-feature-movie-reviews-by-boss.html
3. Kazaam (1996) – Shaquile O'Neal as a Genie!!! I lasted about 30 minutes through this film and then decided I would rather walk to the grocery store in a thunderstorm than watch the rest.
4. Hobgoblins (1988) – I would bunch the top 4 together as a tie for number one. They all sucked!!! I can’t believe they made a sequel to this 20 years later. I think this is definitely the “Stupidest Movie of all-time”
5. Barb Wire (1996) – I think I only saw this one because Pam Anderson was in it. Terrible movie!! I rented it and I think I actually fell asleep during it. That says alot about an action movie.
6. The Postman (1997) – Kevin Costner was coming off of the flop “Waterworld” (See #9 on the list) and he rebounds with this?? This cemented my belief that Costner is a good actor, but a terrible judge of scripts.
7. Just for Kicks (2003) – As a soccer coach, I am ashamed. This was a terrible movie.
The stupid and rude humor is ridiculous. How many 8 and 9 year olds speak like this all of the time? What is up with the “cheerleading” aunt who can’t seem to find anything but skimpy clothes to wear? That is appropriate. It really is no surprise that Tom Arnold stars in this. This is a typical Tom Movie. I am glad I saw some of this before showing this one to my kids.
8. Howard the Duck (1986) – Unfortunately, I went to see this one in the theater. I think the only reason I went was because Lea Thompson was in it and I had a little crush on her at the time. What a waste. Two of the four of us actually left the theater before it was done. I stayed through the whole painful movie, but my view of Lea changed forever!!!
9. Waterworld (1995)– The second Kevin Costner Film on this list. He is the only actor to make it here twice. What was Waterworld you ask? Here is my take on this movie:
– Take Mel Gibson’s “Road Warrior” and add a ton of wate
– Replace Mel Gibson with Kevin Costner
– Instead of having a helicopter, use a balloon
This is essentially a re-make of “The Road Warrior” and a poor remake at that. Perhaps the most expensive film on this list.
10. Catwoman (2004) – It wasn’t even close to the comic book character. Catwoman had superpowers in the movie but she never had powers in the comic book. Halle Berry even went to the Razzies to accept the worst actress award (after having just won the best actress Oscar for Monster’s Ball) and said this at the ceremony:
“First of all, I want to thank Warner Brothers. Thank you for putting me in a piece of shit,
god-awful movie … It was just what my career needed.” Halle Berry @ 2007 Razzie Awards.
At least she had a sense of humor about it.
Note – I have not yet seen Gigli, a movie that many people consider the worst ever. If I ever see it, I am fairly sure I will have to ammend this list.