Headcanons for Nico’s interactions with other campers before/during ToA:
- So after the school year starts and pretty much everyone Nico hangs out with is gone for the most part, Nico by default sends most his time around Will.
- Eventually Will is like “go make more friends”.
- Cecil spent weeks convincing Nico to help him with a prank because Nico is stealthy af. Nico had more fun pulling the prank than he’ll ever openly admit.
- After semi-regular spars, rivalry in capture the flag, and teaming up to save another camper from a random monster attack Nico and Sherman Yang are frenemies.
- Will somewhat regrets encouraging Nico to get along with Sherman because it always ends with one or both of them in the infirmary.
- Whenever Chiara starts ranting and cussing in Italian, Nico always makes snide comments back in Italian. They also trash talk each other in Italian before/during any camp games.
- Nico and Chiara once got into a stupid argument over something trivial. But no one knew that because they both reverted to Italian so all anyone could tell was that they were angry and gesturing wildly.
- Everyone was O_O
- Malcolm and Nico occasionally nerd out over
- One time Nico accidentally killed some plants around Demeter Cabin. He took a trip to the Underworld to ask Persephone to replace the plants. Miranda and Billy were impressed he’d go so far as to ask a goddess for a favor just to apologize.
- After that Demeter Cabin is quick to stick up for Nico if anyone starts being a jerk about his parentage or powers.
- Austin was actually really intimidated by Nico at first but did his best not to show it because Will is just so happy when Nico is around. Slowly he warmed up to Nico (and vice versa), though Nico’s powers still creep him out.
- About once a month someone has to leave camp to stock up on supplies for the infirmary. Will is typically the one to go. Clarisse used to go with him but Nico took over that role when she left for college. (Will and Nico definitely use the trip as an excuse to go on dates.)
- However, one time someone got hurt pretty bad right before they were supposed to leave so Will had to take care of that. Kayla ended up taking his place on the supply run.
- It was awkward at first because Nico and Kayla had never really interacted before without Will as a buffer.
- Then some middle age creep starts hitting on Kayla. She’s just like WTF because spending the majority of the year in camp might prepare you to fight monsters but it doesn’t help you know how to deal with creepy old dudes. (Plus her bow and quiver were in the car.)
- Then the creep suddenly turned heel and practically ran away. Because Nico was glaring at him.
- Kayla considers Nico her honorary big brother after that.